New member welcome thread...

Hi my name is Ian.

I just bought my first FZ1 it is a 2007 model and I use the bike for work runs weather permitting and fun on the weekends.

I work as an MSF Motorcycle Instructor in Illinois.

I will be asking for lots of advice and I'm sure I will get the answers here.

Hi - I'm new to this forum

Hey it's good to be a part of this forum.
I bought a 2010 FZ1 black in December of 2010 for 10k OTD in Las Vegas, where I have lived since 93. Formerly from Pittsburgh area. I have 8500 miles on the original tires...and they are ready for change.
I'm in television production.

Dynojet is located here in Las Vegas, and they used my bike to create maps for the 2010, and gave me a local tuning and free PC 5 as a trade.

First bike was a 2001 Kawi ZR-7S, then a '95 Kawi ZX-11, 2004 Kawi ZX-12, 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa, '96 Harley Sportster 1200, '10 Yamaha FZ1

I think the FZ handles better than and unlike any bike I've had, and feels so light...except almost the zx12, which I found to be amazing in terms of lightness and agility...even over the busa which was more reliable on long sweepers at high speed, but less modern feeling than the zx12. The FZ is not as powerful except for that intense rush at 9k RPMs...which I trust will hang with many a bike in traffic at least.

Overall I like FZ1 most, except for the turbulence at 80mph and the choices for shields hurt the bikes looks. I would love an FJR1300 but not until it smokes the FZ1, and I don't know if they'll ever make it faster.

Just joined as bought an 06 FZ1N, thought i'd say hi.

Im Nigel, live near Norwich, Norfolk in the UK.

just got to sort the insurance for bike, then cant wait to get out on the bike, try & get some pics up later when

Hey all!!Just joined the forum.The name is Tom. Bought 2003 FZ1 2 years ago ,since then put 5000 miles on. Few weeks ago bought 2005 FZ1 for son in Raleigh Nc.Both blue. In 2 weeks we go to Tail of the Dragon/ Blue Ridge Parkway for father /son bonding thang..Not new to the bike scene(riding over 40 yrs. ) been riding the likes of rd350's stock and cafe style.An xs11 , maxim11 a couple shaft bikes,750 shadow and more even a bmw at age 17(my dads) .Not to speak of 4 wheelers , trail bikes, go karts,and jetskis.
. Have 2 1938 flatty harleys from the barn.still have many of these bikes. Am jack of all trades,and master of many. Did total restorations on rollover vehicles , excavating for a while ,steel fabrication and welding also mechanics.now am 18wheeler driver. Glad to help anyone if I can.Much to learn here and happy to be on board.

iI

After 31 years together I am finally moving on to a new love. The old '81 Seca 550 is only running on 3 cylinders and about the only diagnosis left is internal damage.
I just pulled the trigger on a deal for a 2008 FZ1. Granite grey, with 2900 kms on it. That's 1800 miles. I will be traveling 1000 kms (600 miles) to pick it up on the 16th. In order to ease the pain of loosing my old girlfriend, I went down and ordered a retro kit for the FZ today as well. The new bike will have a very similar paint scheme as the old one had.
Will have a Granite grey body kit for sale soon.

Looking forward to more riding and less wrenching.:rmwl:

After 31 years together I am finally moving on to a new love. The old '81 Seca 550 is only running on 3 cylinders and about the only diagnosis left is internal damage.
I just pulled the trigger on a deal for a 2008 FZ1. Granite grey, with 2900 kms on it. That's 1800 miles. I will be traveling 1000 kms (600 miles) to pick it up on the 16th. In order to ease the pain of loosing my old girlfriend, I went down and ordered a retro kit for the FZ today as well. The new bike will have a very similar paint scheme as the old one had.
Will have a Granite grey body kit for sale soon.

Looking forward to more riding and less wrenching.:rmwl:
you'll love the retro colours!

Howdy from MD!

I'm Ed in Rockville, MD - just a little NW of Washington, DC. I just re-acquired my "M" this weekend after losing it in between state moves. NEVER assume the DMV will successfully transfer your endorsement without checking it yourself!
The FZ1 was on a list of a dozen or so bikes I'd considered owning and I wound up making a sweet deal on a new white one. Very excited about getting back in the saddle!
Cheers
Ed

I'm Hamie from Austin, Texas... retired IBM'er and USAF... I have been riding since the early 70's and currently riding an '09 Yamaha Tmax Maxi-scooter.. 5 years ago I got back into riding after a few years without and decided to get a motorcycle for trips to my hometown in Buchanan, Va.. once or twice a year and then trade for another motorcycle..

2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
2009 Can-Am Spyder
2008 Kawasaki Versys
2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250
2002 BMW R1150RT
2009 Yamaha TMax

Put 14-17K miles on all these except the Spyder and R1150RT... hit a trailer jack in the road with the Spyder and was totaled... couldn't get comfortable with the RT..

Now looking at an '05 Yamaha FZ1 for my next ride....:rmwl:

Hamie

Hey everyone, my name is Shannon; 34. I just joined the site today.

I have rode and raced dirt bikes since I was 3. First one was a 50cc Yamaha with training wheels...lol. Yes, my dad had me on a motorcycle even before I could ride a bicycle. :-D

I raced 125's and 250's until I was 26. Then missed being on two wheels and bought a brand new 2009 R6. Did not like leaning so far forward on long rides so it is gone and just bought a 2007 blue FZ-1. I love it! Already put over 200 miles since just Tuesday; pretty good since that is during my work week.

Anyway, I am CADD Tech with an environmental engineering firm and I am also part time Air Force with the MO Air National Guard stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base.

Nice to be a part of this group!!!

-Shannon

New member here! Name is Josh, I'm just outside Harrisburg, PA. I picked up my first FZ1 today. Got myself an 09 raven/grey with . 4th bike for me, had a Ducati Monster S4R, Gsxr600 and Katana 600 prior. Looking forward to racking up the miles this summer. Maybe even track it once.

Back