New member welcome thread...

Hello from Hawaii

Howdy,

I'm james from Kailua, Oahu. I'm 59, been riding something w/a motor since I was about 9. I've had Harleys (got one now-FATBOY), Honda, Kawasaki, maico, KTM, BMW. Always wanted a FZ-1 I could trick out. SO now I'm hoping to learn some things from you all about the basic upgrades i.e. exhausts, ECMs, wheels, carbon fiber, etc, Last sport bike was a BMW K1200R Sport. Should have kept that one! Trying to find a late model, great condition low mileage FZ-1

Hi. My names Chris. I live in Essex (England) so lots of nice twistie roads. I ride a 06 fz1 n in black with the following mods:
Power bronze screen
Belly pan
Tail tidy
Small rear indicators
Small number plate
Pazzo levers
Hell brake lines all round
Rear hugger
Swing arm bobbins
190 rear tyer
Hyper pro damper
Akrapovic exhaust
Power commander 3
Ivan's map
Lars airbox mod
K&N filter
Secondary butterflies removed
Decat exhaust
Ais blocked off

Not sure what else is left to do......

Hi Chris and welcome!
About what else is left to do, just wait another year and get the new FZ1, and start all over again.

Hi. My names Chris. I live in Essex (England) so lots of nice twistie roads. I ride a 06 fz1 n in black with the following mods:
Power bronze screen
Belly pan
Tail tidy
Small rear indicators
Small number plate
Pazzo levers
Hell brake lines all round
Rear hugger
Swing arm bobbins
190 rear tyer
Hyper pro damper
Akrapovic exhaust
Power commander 3
Ivan's map
Lars airbox mod
K&N filter
Secondary butterflies removed
Decat exhaust
Ais blocked off

Not sure what else is left to do......

Hi, I'm Dave from Central Illinois USA and I just purchased a new 2012 FZ1, my first new bike since 1976. I'm over 60 so no old man jokes OK.

I bought a set of Cortech soft bags for light touring and a GIVI windscreen.

So far I have 260+ miles on it and I have to admit that it is the most comfortable ride I ever had except for the wind buffeting (we get some 40mph gusts here). The rains, cold weather and floods have kept my ride under cover most of the time but now that it's getting warmer I'll be commuting to work and riding for fun.

I just bought a leftover 2011 and I'm planning to keep it until the new FZ1 comes, or when I turn 40. Then I'll consider the new FZ1 against the new Super Duke 1290 and a superbike with all the gizmos (the new R1 2014-2015 maybe ?) Right now I'm spending my hard earned cash on fuel and tires.

The FZ1 may be very outdated, but the other day I was at the KTM dealership and I was looking at the brand new Adventure 1190. The finish is unbelieavly (poor spelling?) poor, much like the Chinese bikes I saw at the Cologne fair. Rough, bad quality plastics with rough edges, and plasticky rattly buttons, I wouldn't bet on them lasting more then a couple of years TOPS without breaking. The same goes for other details like gear and brake pedals, mirrors, airbox cover, and there I stopped looking further. At least they have a new nicer instrument cluster, hallelujah.

So the FZ1 might be outdated, but the overall build quality and finish is WAY better than the Aprilias, KTM's and it feels like a premium product even when it's 5 years old. Don't ask me why I wrote all this ..

Hi, I'm Dave from Central Illinois USA and I just purchased a new 2012 FZ1, my first new bike since 1976. I'm over 60 so no old man jokes OK.

I bought a set of Cortech soft bags for light touring and a GIVI windscreen.

So far I have 260+ miles on it and I have to admit that it is the most comfortable ride I ever had except for the wind buffeting (we get some 40mph gusts here). The rains, cold weather and floods have kept my ride under cover most of the time but now that it's getting warmer I'll be commuting to work and riding for fun.

OldBiker - no old man jokes :) Old is when you can't ride any more ..
About the buffeting, the Magical Racing screen is supposed to reduce the buffeting, or probably any low screen, like the copperdawg one.
ScreenShot.jpg

cfrp_screen.jpg

OldBiker - no old man jokes :) Old is when you can't ride any more ..
About the buffeting, the Magical Racing screen is supposed to reduce the buffeting, or probably any low screen, like the copperdawg one.

Thanks, but I have a GIVI screen being delivered today. It's 6" taller and 6" wider which should make a big difference with my 5'11" frame. My old bike had a similar sized screen.

BTW I was born in Stockholm (Karolinska Institut) and lived in Upsala til the age of two and then moved to the USA.

Sv: New member welcome thread...

Thanks, but I have a GIVI screen being delivered today. It's 6" taller and 6" wider which should make a big difference with my 5'11" frame. My old bike had a similar sized screen.

BTW I was born in Stockholm (Karolinska Institut) and lived in Upsala til the age of two and then moved to the USA.

Small world ;)

Sent from my X-Wing

New FZ1 Rider in Cleveland, OH

Hi everyone, I just picked up a new-to-me 2002 silver fz1. Im 38, married with three kids and currently am self employed as a martial arts school owner. Though with the tough economy and 2nd shift hours I will be looking to redefine my career soon. Ive only ridden kawasaki Ninjas before, 2 zx6e's, a zx9r, and a zx11. I really liked the fz1 riding position after I rode my buddies FZ6. Thanks and look forward to enjoying and contributing to the forum

Hey, im devon, 23, live in rose bud arkansas. I ride a 2003 liquid silver fz1 that comletely stock at the moment. Never married, no kids. My whole life iv been into things with engines and trying to make them faster, from cars to trucks and go-carts, dirtbikes, 4wheelers and even lawnmowers. But i hope to learn a bit from everybody and make my bike better(if thats even possible, its already awesome)

Just moved up.

I just picked up a my new 2012 Fz1. Traded in a 2008 Fz6. I know the Fz6 guys love their bikes, but I must say after just 1 ride on the Fz1 I knew I made a great choice. Can't wait to get out again, if it ever stops raining.

Great pick

I just picked up a my new 2012 Fz1. Traded in a 2008 Fz6. I know the Fz6 guys love their bikes, but I must say after just 1 ride on the Fz1 I knew I made a great choice. Can't wait to get out again, if it ever stops raining.

Its a wonderful bike. If I lost mine, I'd buy another Gen 2 the next day.

Hello everyone. New to the site, obviously but not new to bikes.

Currently I have an FZ6R that my gf rides now and want to trade my Harley in on an FZ1.

I have several bikes but need something upright and good all around. I have the sport bike notch filled and the cruiser as well but I need a good standard liter bike.

Really eye balling a '13 FZ1.

I'll see you around and wish me luck tomorrow on trading my HD in on an FZ1!

Back