New member welcome thread...

Hi, i`m new here, i`m sorry but i don`t have an FZ1 bike, only have an old xj750

but i do have an FZ1 engine that i stuck into my hillclimb buggy (mostly morris mini running gear)

BuggyWithWings2jpg.jpg

that pic was a couple of years ago when it had an old carby model R1 donk in it,,,since blew up so i bought an injected 07 FZ1

but need some help to wire it up

anyways, i`m in Murarrie Brisbane if anyone can help

there`s vids of it & other crazy mini stuff on youtube
just type in "madmattheminiman" :)

cheers & great forum guys, heaps of info & helpful people
thanks

New Guy here

Picking up my 2006 FZ1 next week and I can't friggin wait. Currently have a 01 TW200 and I am living here in Phoenix AZ.

Been checking out the website and it seems like you have a great community here, glad to be a part of it.

Hey everybody, my name is Jatin and I'm from Bangalore, India...I bought my 2012 FZ1N, new, a week ago and have logged 500 kms on her so far. I've been riding for 15 years now; mostly 2 strokes & my last bike was a mad Yammie RD350 ported by an eccentric genius here :)
This is my first 4 stroke & I'm loving it...look forward to contributing to the forum from my neck of the woods...

Hi, i`m new here, i`m sorry but i don`t have an FZ1 bike, only have an old xj750

but i do have an FZ1 engine that i stuck into my hillclimb buggy (mostly morris mini running gear)

BuggyWithWings2jpg.jpg

that pic was a couple of years ago when it had an old carby model R1 donk in it,,,since blew up so i bought an injected 07 FZ1

but need some help to wire it up

anyways, i`m in Murarrie Brisbane if anyone can help

there`s vids of it & other crazy mini stuff on youtube
just type in "madmattheminiman" :)

cheers & great forum guys, heaps of info & helpful people
thanks

Picking up my 2006 FZ1 next week and I can't friggin wait. Currently have a 01 TW200 and I am living here in Phoenix AZ.

Been checking out the website and it seems like you have a great community here, glad to be a part of it.

Hey everybody, my name is Jatin and I'm from Bangalore, India...I bought my 2012 FZ1N, new, a week ago and have logged 500 kms on her so far. I've been riding for 15 years now; mostly 2 strokes & my last bike was a mad Yammie RD350 ported by an eccentric genius here :)
This is my first 4 stroke & I'm loving it...look forward to contributing to the forum from my neck of the woods...

Welcome to you all! :welcome:

Memership renewal

Hi guys,
A couple of months ago I sold my '07 Granite and bought a brand new '11 leftover . The gearbox was silky smooth the first 50 kms and then the first "klonk" .. then the hard shifting began .. wtf .. Anyway, new bike, hoping for a good, injury free season :sport12:

oh, yea .. the dealer said they dynoed a couple of 2011's and saw some power increase, up to 10hp on these, according to him ic could be related to the ECU upgrade. He also said something about better fuel mileage. I didn't feel 10 more horsepower, but it felt different

Last edited:
2010 FZ1... Day1

Hello All,

I had a Honda Mangna 750 years back. Finally got a 2010 FZ1 today...

Very excited and a little nervous as this bike is a true beast...

Got a M5 as well... but... that one has a seatbelts and four wheels.... :)

looking forward to learn and share on the forum...

Previous owner really took care of the bike and has lots of extras.... Here are some photos from the seller...

Cheers!
View attachment 14216

View attachment 14217

View attachment 14218

View attachment 14219
Bobby

Great looking retro, Bobby! Welcome to the fold. You're right, it can be a beast, but it's more of a gentle giant once you get over the initial shock of how hard it can go. What year is your M5? I've always loved those things but I'm still a promotion or three away from keeping up to the maintenance on one. I'd have to say you have pretty good taste, though, with a retro FZ1 and an M5 at home.

FNG From Ohio

Hey Folks. I just picked up a new 2012 FZS1. It's an awesome bike. It'll be even more awesome once I hit the break in point.

I also have a 1992 Yamaha FJ1200 with just 8500 miles on the ticker. For a bike that's 21 years old, it is frickin amazing.

Look forward to sharing info with you all, and if you'r in the Northern Ohio area, feel free to hollar, or even if you're from half way around the world, hollar.

Picked up my FZ1 yesterday and its been AWESOME.
It is a bit scratched up but seems mechanically perfect. Does need some fluid changes but being a 2006 with 9k miles, I think its normal.
I've been thinking about what I want to do to it, but for right now my only concern is tires.

Great looking retro, Bobby! Welcome to the fold. You're right, it can be a beast, but it's more of a gentle giant once you get over the initial shock of how hard it can go. What year is your M5? I've always loved those things but I'm still a promotion or three away from keeping up to the maintenance on one. I'd have to say you have pretty good taste, though, with a retro FZ1 and an M5 at home.

Thanks the e39 m5 is 02. Love it. I need to raise the handle bar. Any suggestions.

I got the original raiser but wanted to see if people here have raised them higher than normal.

Cheers!
Bobby

Back on the street !!cheers guys n gals

My first ride was a 97 yzf750 then moved up to the 04 R1 then upgraded to an 08 R1,been doing track and races for the last 7 years, must say amazing times. :sport12:Ive decided to go back to the street and purchased an FZ1 2012 (gotta love yami) while still doing trackdays and less races,Feels weird to be back on the road but im sure ill get use to it fairly quick :rmwl: any how looking forward to being on the fourm and treads on ways to spike out the FZ1 cheers !!!

Back