New guy here, Big fixer upper!

I suspect he fully understands his situation better than us, and is coming to terms with it. 16 years without incident. People need hope.

Massachusetts allows acute diabetics to drive.

i'm sure their advocates say it is under control, because they monitor their condition. Had a young guy working for me that had multiple serious injury accidents while undergoing Diabetic Shock. He also had a HD. I witnessed first hand when his shocks would turn him into a catatonic statue at work, almost without warning. He eventually died in his sleep at the age of 37.

On the other hand, I'm going thru this with a 60 y.o. family member. They were told yesterday that they couldn't drive ever again, due to their recent short term memory loss. I asked who was going to enforce this edict from a medical rehab facility. Answer: Their primary doctor would notify RMV to pull license. Sad day for both of us..... as I'll end up being designated driver til one of us dies.

Life often sucks.............. bigly.

This happened day after my 37th B day. All I tried too do was live a normal life not on disability it only took 4 months and bam brain said no... After 16 years..... i've had brain surgery and been declared dead twice.
At one point in my life I only woke up too cook dinner for me n ex-wife then go back too bed I was so heavily medicated. This shit sucks. idk what too do.

My whole family keeps pushing me too lead a normal life and it's like...... Do you want me dead?? we don't have too fucking talk in any way.

I had to revise 'live your best life' after ruining my lower back in '11 and as of '17 having a neck fusion fail. I simply cant do some things and have let them go because it actually makes my life worse mentally and physically. I realized in '18 that it wont be long before i cant ride anymore, so i went all in on riding and i am waiting for the day where i will simply have to sell all my bikes cause i physically cant ride anymore. I'll then shift to another hobby (rockcrawling or a 8 second street car). Nows a hard time to have that talk to yourself, but i think you should.

So can a 2002 r1 headlight fit too a 2002 FZ1. I can only find damaged headlights on ebay for FZ1 but the r1 has hundreds for sale even come with a bracket that appears might too attach too fz1 side view mirrors mounts.

They are different. The R1 extends the clear plastic face further around the outside edges. I don't know for sure if the plastic can't be trimmed, or it won't fit as is, but they are different. Agree that it would give Gen 1 owners many more options. How many of your tabs are broken? The metal support stay usually gets bent as well.

I started to repair a headlight using aluminum strips as the tab and 3M double sided structural tape called VHB (very high bond). I'm pretty sure it would work especially if you have other tabs that are still intact. Let me know if you want a pic of how I was proceeding.

Honestly my bike is stripped naked, I found a lot of jb weld holding most of the exterior together. so as long as it will bolt too the frame/front end that works for me.

My headlights are toast no save at all. they took most impact due to all the body being removed. photos is pre impact, so don't stop helping me out cause my bike is so ugly lol and plz excuse my finger.

Attachments

• IMG_20231223_141543.jpg
    IMG_20231223_141543.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
And yes the lower arm of the metal support is bent but if i can make that R1 head light bracket fit too FZ1 it is not needed and will be gotten rid of at bend point.

Hadn't seen those R1 units before. You'll have to get lucky that the headlight is pointed in the right direction. Hopefully the two holes that attach to the boss on the Gen 1 headstock are the same distance apart , but you could drill new hole(s) and probably get the light pointed correctly. Hell of a lot cheaper than OEM parts.

OK got a R1 headlight on my FZ1, Had to cut out a small portion on the bracket and install with 2 large washers on bottom bolt.

Now next Q, i see the speedo cluster plug for the fz1 100% matches the plug for r1. Anyone tried those years swap yet? i see a few post in 2010+ years but nothing my year range.

OK got a R1 headlight on my FZ1, Had to cut out a small portion on the bracket and install with 2 large washers on bottom bolt.

Now next Q, i see the speedo cluster plug for the fz1 100% matches the plug for r1. Anyone tried those years swap yet? i see a few post in 2010+ years but nothing my year range.
Good that you could make the headlight fit, I don't know much about Gen 1 vs R1 compatibility.

So first crank up since accident. Think my fuel pump froze up a lil cause it took awhile for it too kick on. Then at 6k i'm completely losing power. gonna replace fuel pump , spark plugs, check capacitor.

I changed spark plug and cleaned all electrical connections with a wire brush and she is back baby! Think I have something internally wrong or something is rattling i can't see. At 8k+ I'm hearing something 4 sure.

Back