My first off

She's quite sore this morning, but I got her showered and dressed and took her to work. We'll have to see what they say about her being able to stay. Looks like it is just the shoulder joint. The separation is mild/partial which is good because the clavicle is still partially attached and so long as she is cautious, it should attach the rest of the way in a couple weeks on its own.

I'll get out there tonight and get some pics and start taking parts off. Not a lot of damage and the expensive part will be getting that new paint fixed for the left lower fairing. But, I'm thinking it can be fixed in just two spots and they will not have to paint the entire panel. I'll bring it to the painter and see what his opinion is. As far as riding it, the only messy item is the shifter. I will try and bend it back but I don't know that I'll trust it so I'll order a new one. I haven't taken a close look so tonight will be Eric's Scrutiny! :D

Careful bending metal back. It stresses and weakens it.
I would shop for a used lever if ur looking to save money. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear about this Michelle! I am very glad to hear you had no serious damage to your person. Those paint marks can be like riding on ice sometimes!

We have had far to many off's this year! Let's hope 2012 proves less eventful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I'm looking for a used shift lever for her bike and come across this one listed as used but totally functional. I'm SURE it is used but I'm 110% sure it isn't functional!

06-10 Yamaha FZ1 Shifter Shift Pedal Lever | eBay

Oh come on! You can easily bend that one back to like new condition ;)

On a more serious note...I'm sorry to hear about your accident Michele. I'm sure Eric will have the bike looking like new again and you'll be riding soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have it ready to ride tonight but she's a LONG way from riding at all. :(

I'm going to pull the fairings off for the time being and see what it will take to fix the left side. Otherwise? Get the shifter usable and the bike is ready to roll unless I find something else. With those R1 sliders, I have the two spare pucks but they are shorter so I'll put one on but order a new longer one to replace it with.

Anyone here replace their rear sets and has a shift lever available????

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. Pain is a little better tonight. It was a long day at work, but still productive. I can't wait to get back on my bike. I came home to a bike that, if you didn't know it had been damaged, looks awesome!! I have a magician here. :worship:

I may, however, take a different route home until I get my confidence in u-turns back. :frown: I just need to heal up and I'll be back. One minor accident isn't going to make me stop riding. :D

I may, however, take a different route home until I get my confidence in u-turns back. :frown: I just need to heal up and I'll be back. One minor accident isn't going to make me stop riding. :D

Every few weeks I go out to a big parking lot near my neighborhood to practice low speed turns. Funny thing is it is only the slow ones that make me nervous.

She's quite sore this morning, but I got her showered and dressed and took her to work. We'll have to see what they say about her being able to stay. Looks like it is just the shoulder joint. The separation is mild/partial which is good because the clavicle is still partially attached and so long as she is cautious, it should attach the rest of the way in a couple weeks on its own.

I'll get out there tonight and get some pics and start taking parts off. Not a lot of damage and the expensive part will be getting that new paint fixed for the left lower fairing. But, I'm thinking it can be fixed in just two spots and they will not have to paint the entire panel. I'll bring it to the painter and see what his opinion is. As far as riding it, the only messy item is the shifter. I will try and bend it back but I don't know that I'll trust it so I'll order a new one. I haven't taken a close look so tonight will be Eric's Scrutiny! :D

Poor man has to help me shower, help me get dressed, take me to work, then pick me up from work and help me change into pj's. You just don't realize how much you need TWO hands/arms to do every day things. :frown:

Every few weeks I go out to a big parking lot near my neighborhood to practice low speed turns. Funny thing is it is only the slow ones that make me nervous.

I'll probably do that because I'm the same way. I don't have enough confidence right now to do tight turns. They make me nervous too.....even before this off.

i think the biggest thing to have when making or practicing tight slow turns is confidence. if you're not confident you will be more likely to drop the bike, or not give it enough gas/too much gas and or brake. that's been my experience. i;ve had to put my foot down on some which is a natural reaction, but i had no confidence. when confident, i really haven't had many problems. just my personal observation

Damage report: As stated, minimal, thankfully. I have to teach her how NOT to sacrifice her body to save the bike though as the damage to her is worse!

I can say that the slider did a FINE job of saving the bike from a lot more damage though. Happy with the performance of it. I've got a few pics and they speak for themselves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you are worried about the center stand I can send you my old one.

Not concerned, just documenting the damaged parts in all shapes/forms. Thank you for the offer though! :tup: Appreciate it! Now, should you have a spare set of new brake pads........................ ;)

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. Pain is a little better tonight. It was a long day at work, but still productive. I can't wait to get back on my bike. I came home to a bike that, if you didn't know it had been damaged, looks awesome!! I have a magician here. :worship:

YOU GO GIRL!!!

you can ride cupcake till you feel better! :sport12:

Back