My first off

MrsFZ1inNH

Okay, so I knew it would happen eventually. I went down this evening on my way home from work. It was a very slow off, yet happened SO quickly. I was doing a u-turn to get to our road. When I was about half way through the turn, I had to give it some gas. When I got on the throttle I hit the wet paint of the cross walk and the bike just flew out from under me. My shoulder slammed into the ground causing an AC separation. I'm in a sling for a short while and my bike needs some cosmetic work, but we'll both be okay. I'll post pictures in a couple days.

:mad: :mad:

Glad you are okay for the most part. Now what the heck is goin on up there...... J/K sorry you two have had enough down time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this family curse of yours is broken soon! Those crosswalk paints are slippery as snot when wet aren't they?

Seriously though Michele...I'm happy you're somewhat ok and hope you can get that pretty purple bike of your fixed up good as new :)

She's doing OK. Sling, Perc'n and having some food. She'll be sore in the morning and I'll be dressing her for a couple days but she will be OK.

This was very low speed.... the wheel slipped on the wet paint and she was down in a second. I came up on the scene unknowingly while on my way home from work. But she was up and the bike was on the side stand.

The left lower fairing got some scrapes. The shifter is knotted up pretty good. The slider will need replacing but saved a TON more damage. I'll have to access the whole thing tomorrow night after work. I'll see what will buff out and what we can cover, conceal and replace. Her jacket was dirty on the shoulder but not torn at all. She slammed the ground but did not slide like the bike did. She did touch down with the helmet but ONLY on the extreme side of the visor. No damage to the helmet itself... just a couple scrapes on the end of the visor.

All in all, she's lucky it was slow and she did not break anything on herself! We can fix the bike... It's still in VERY rideable shape once I fix or replace the shifter. I'm just happy that SHE will be OK!!!!

Sheeeeeze Michele, I leave you guys for one day and...Hope you get better fast. Those painted lines are slippery as heck in the rain. I forget about it here and there in the rain and have had the the bike slide a bit. It's something people in cars never even know about. Although pickup drivers have probably seen their rear wheels spin out here and there in the rain pulling out from a start since there's not much weight over the rear tires when the bed is empty. I saw it happen at least one time.

Holy Cow Michele! Ouch. It's amazing how fast those things happen. Will you need surgery for the seperation, or will it heal up on it's own? Regardless Advil is your friend.

Holy Cow Michele! Ouch. It's amazing how fast those things happen. Will you need surgery for the seperation, or will it heal up on it's own? Regardless Advil is your friend.

They're thinking it will heal up on its own, but said I should consult with an orthopedist (sp?). Right now percoset & 800 mg tablets of ibuprofen are my friends. :tup: They're only taking the edge off. :ugh:

I hope this family curse of yours is broken soon! Those crosswalk paints are slippery as snot when wet aren't they?

Seriously though Michele...I'm happy you're somewhat ok and hope you can get that pretty purple bike of your fixed up good as new :)

It went so fast I had NO time to react. One second I was on two wheels & the next I was on the ground. I'll be okay. I'm just glad I didn't break anything.

Sheeeeeze Michele, I leave you guys for one day and...Hope you get better fast. Those painted lines are slippery as heck in the rain. I forget about it here and there in the rain and have had the the bike slide a bit. It's something people in cars never even know about. Although pickup drivers have probably seen their rear wheels spin out here and there in the rain pulling out from a start since there's not much weight over the rear tires when the bed is empty. I saw it happen at least one time.

I'm glad to see you online! Howzit going? I'll heal up and be back on my bike in no time. :tup: Truck wheels spinning....been there, done that one.

I'm glad you're ok! Heal up!

Your first crash always happens so fast it feels like there's nothing you can do to avoid having one but rest assured this is not case so don't be afraid to get right back on.

Good luck and get well... Sure the hubby will have the bike ready for you when you're healed up. Be careful with the Percoset (strong med).

A lot of us have all been there... Or will eventually...

I separated my shoulder in a offroad incident a couple years ago... Physical therapy worked to help it heal. Surgery was avoided for now. Just matters to what degree your separation is.

Sitting on my butt now... Laid the work bike down at 50-60 mph... Now nursing road rash and swelling/bruising...

Back