My black 2006 FZ1 from belgium

Nice wheater in Belgium today. So i took the bike out for a ride and took some pics. Here they are. I also placed new fz1 decals on the bike.
Picture's are taken at the port of Antwerp , and at a place called Doel. That place is now a ghosttown because all the houses are empty and the small town is gonna be destroyed for expanding the port of Antwerp.

34h82v8.jpg

2hqgk6q.jpg

2cqdy4i.jpg

25imagm.jpg

21mem8l.jpg

qohi89.jpg

2q1rsy8.jpg

97nxxt.jpg

al4ufd.jpg

sfcllx.jpg

And here, my fz1 and one of my earlier bike's :Bandit 1200 1999 :) at the same place .

6oj5sw.jpg

iym0lk.jpg

Greetz Marc

Thanks. Yes, thats the plan.
last week i went to a local Yamaha dealer and told him about the irritating on / off behaviour with the fz1. He said to me that there exists a little black box witch you plae between the air intake sensor and the ecu. I was surprised, because i thougt that only the fce from ivan's solved this problem. I asked what was the price was and it was 69€ (98 us dollar) I ordered the item and today i placed it on the bike. What a difference.... The on /off is totally history,and no more exhaust backfire when you close the trottle. I'm verry happy with it. Here are some pics of the black box.

b7eu5z.jpg

2la7hnm.jpg

Very interesting. You have any more details about this "black box"? Like who makes it and what exactly is it supposed to do?

There are only 3 initials on the black box. "hpi" Nothing else. The package also was blank. The dealer told me that yamaha would not sell this item as geniune yamaha because they could have problems with the emission restrictions in Europe(don't know in the us) This is the site of the dealer i bought it. :: Lammens Motors :: uw passie, onze specialiteit
The only thing the box do is eliminate the on/off in the ecu. That is completely gone so the bike run's mutch smoother. There is NO power gain .

Great looking FZ1!!
I use to live in belgium when I was a little kid. Dad was stationed at an air force base close to there. Lived there for about 4-5 years. Would love to go back someday.

Today i bought a secondhand corbin sadlle for my fz1. I mount it before i drove back and it really is better than the original sadlle. I'm happy with it. It fit's verry wel also. Here some pics of it.

263doom.jpg

153o4kw.jpg

I also made a mod. on the ecu. Because i have a 2006 version i have some problems with the on/ off snatch. And because a was afraid to place the fce from ivan's( some bike's have fault's on the display) a was looking for another solution.And i find a really great sollution in Belgium . I called a Yamaha dealer nearby and told him about my problem. He said that he would call me back. After 1 week he did and told me that there was a small company called "horse power ignition" and they make a small black box whitch you have to mmount between the air intake sensor and the ecu. Just plug it in and al problems should be gone. I ordered it and last week i mount the black box and took the Yam for a testdrive and.... COMPLETELY GONE .... This is great,. I have a new fz1 now. There is no power gain,but that wasn't my concern. Here some info and pics of the black box. btw, it cost me 69€.

company: Horse Power Ignition
Go to the aplication list and look to yamaha. Then fz1 and you see the item.

You can also look after dealers in your country on the site.
Here some pics of it.
b7eu5z.jpg

2la7hnm.jpg

New update on my fz1. A bought a carbonfibre tankcover for the fz1. The original was broken on a mounting screw. Here are some pics of the new mod.

Grtz Marc

v2sem8.jpg

2dmbbdj.jpg

2ni15jq.jpg

xc632v.jpg

311pa1x.jpg

Hello guys.
Does anyone know h&r suspension dampers ? I can buy such a damper for my fz1 , but i don't know the manufacturer. The seller told me that this is wel known in the usa,so i ask it here. This is a pic of the damper.

1796667187.jpg

In between i changed the front fender also in a carbon part. Here a pic of it.

DSC_5142.jpg

DSC_5141.jpg

DSC_5144.jpg

greetz Marc

Hello guys.
Does anyone know h&r suspension dampers ? I can buy such a damper for my fz1 , but i don't know the manufacturer. The seller told me that this is wel known in the usa,so i ask it here. This is a pic of the damper.

1796667187.jpg

greetz Marc

marc H&R is a know brand here in the US, but as far as I know (and could see on their website) they only make automotive applications. I have never heard of them making motorcycle shocks. You should probably stick with a brand that you could have easily serviced in your country in case there are any issues down the road. I'd say go with an Ohlins shock if you can afford it...

Back