ISO Tires for 1st Gen.

Do you have a budget in mind? You can get decent new tires for well under $200 for a set these days. Conti Motions are under $160, even

Do you have a budget in mind? You can get decent new tires for well under $200 for a set these days. Conti Motions are under $160, even

I had some conti-motions on my bandit 1200 and decided to maybe try something different considering this summer I plan on taking some long trips to tail of the dragon and such. I found this deal today and thought about jumping on that and maybe trying to find a matching front. Avon 3D Ultra Sport AV80 Rear Tire - Motorcycle Superstore
How do the Avon's compare to the conti-motions?

I actually ran a set of 3D Ultra Sports on my VFR and posted a review here:
http://www.998cc.org/forum/sport-touring-tires/20792-avon-3d-ultra-sport.html

I didn't have a good experience. They are certainly very grippy & sporty tires but I had trouble with the front tire and wouldn't recommend them. I also didn't have a good experience with Conti Motions.

Dunlop, Metzeler and Pirelli all have prepaid VISA rebate promotions going at the moment. You could get yourself something like a Pirelli Diablo for $185 a set with the $40 rebate.

Pirelli Diablo Front Tire - Motorcycle Superstore
Pirelli Diablo Rear Tire - Motorcycle Superstore

Last edited:
I actually ran a set of 3D Ultra Sports on my VFR and posted a review here:
http://www.998cc.org/forum/sport-touring-tires/20792-avon-3d-ultra-sport.html

I didn't have a good experience. They are certainly very grippy & sporty tires but I had trouble with the front tire and wouldn't recommend them. I also didn't have a good experience with Conti Motions.

Dunlop, Metzeler and Pirelli all have prepaid VISA rebate promotions going at the moment. You could get yourself something like a Pirelli Diablo for $185 a set with the $40 rebate.

Pirelli Diablo Front Tire - Motorcycle Superstore
Pirelli Diablo Rear Tire - Motorcycle Superstore

Of the brands eligible for the rebate, which would you recommend? Also, have you had good experience with michelin and bridgestone?

All of those brands make good tires. I am currently using Dunlop Roadsmart II but have used Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone and lots of other brands.

It's really about finding the right tire for your budget and your usage. I am partial to sport touring tires as I need longer life and grip in all weather conditions.

Last edited:
Back