Import from FZ6 site....new FZ1 Owner!

riderlak1

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the site! I am coming from the sister site, FZ6 forum. I sold my 2007 FZ6 last friday and am buying a FZ1 tomorrow. Found a FANTASTIC deal on a bike at a small local shop for sale on consignment. Its a 2007 FZ1 Raven with only 1,760 miles on it. It has a few tasteful upgrades as well as the stock parts, has a Akrapovic carbon muffler, smoke windshield, and fender eliminator. Bike is in mint condition.

So I go tomorrow to pay the $ for it, and the shop will be charging the battery and making sure its ready to go home. Unfortunately we got snow today and tomorrow, so it won't be coming home for at least a few days. I have access to a truck and trailer but I would rather wait till the weather clears up. And hey....its being spoiled and is in a heated showroom.

Anyways....just wanted to extend a hello to everyone. I have a really lousy pic that I stole from their website, so thats all I have for right now....sorry! Ill leave a pic of the new FZ1 and a pic of my FZ6 as well!

Welcome! I was the one trying to talk my buddy into buying your FZ6. It seems he just didn't have the time or ambition to worry about it. He'll regret that in June or so, that was a nice bike.
Anyhow you will never regret upgrading to the FZ1, believe me! Thats a nice clean one too, Congrats!

Welcome! I was the one trying to talk my buddy into buying your FZ6. It seems he just didn't have the time or ambition to worry about it. He'll regret that in June or so, that was a nice bike.
Anyhow you will never regret upgrading to the FZ1, believe me! Thats a nice clean one too, Congrats!

Yep, I remember you....thanks for the referral!

The whole process of selling a bike is so crazy! I listed it on ebay on a friday, and got NO interest. Listed it on Craigslist on Saturday and got no interest. Went to a friends house the following thursday, same day I renewed the post on craigslist and one day before the ebay listing....and got about 15 contacts through email, ebay, phone and text within a 6 hour period. By the next day at 3 PM the bike was gone with cash in my hand!

I was honestly a little sad to see that bike go. I loved that thing, it rode great. But looking forward to the added power and looks of the FZ1 is much worth the extra $ in the upgrade.

Too bad your buddy didn't end up with the bike, it was a SWEET one.....the nicest I have seen in the midwest for the price I got for it!

Congrats

AND,,,, Welcome !! Nice FZ1 and with low, low, miles . . ..sweet !!:party0011:
I am in western IN. BDazzler is in east/central, ILL. perhaps we can meet and greet in Mantoon for a tenderloin sandwich this spring?! :woot:

What prompted the move from the 6 to the 1?

When I was first looking at bikes one person was trying to convince me to get a 6 because they said I would never use all the power, and someone else told me if I like power I better start with the 1 so I don't feel like I need to upgrade 6 months after purchase.

I am very happy with my FZ1, it is my first Street Bike so i can't really compare it to a smaller one at all.

Ive had a lot of bikes in my riding career, everything from old to new and small to big. This past year I started the season on a 98 bandit 1200 that I converted to a naked bike. I LOVED that bike but hated the carb maintenance. So I sold it and bought a 98 vfr800fi. I loved that vfr engine sound but it was old school in the technology and ergos so I wanted something newer and more modern. I've always liked my yamahas so when I found the good deal on the fz6 I jumped for it and sold the vfr. The fz6 was a great bike in lots of ways, but I just can't live without that liter bike torque like the bandit had. So, again when I found this killer deal on my fz1 I had to go for it!

And by the way I paid for it today and got the title. It's officially MINE!!!!

Here is a pic of the bandit, one of the vfr, and a much better pic of the new fz1!

Ive had a lot of bikes in my riding career, everything from old to new and small to big. This past year I started the season on a 98 bandit 1200 that I converted to a naked bike. I LOVED that bike but hated the carb maintenance. So I sold it and bought a 98 vfr800fi. I loved that vfr engine sound but it was old school in the technology and ergos so I wanted something newer and more modern. I've always liked my yamahas so when I found the good deal on the fz6 I jumped for it and sold the vfr. The fz6 was a great bike in lots of ways, but I just can't live without that liter bike torque like the bandit had. So, again when I found this killer deal on my fz1 I had to go for it!

And by the way I paid for it today and got the title. It's officially MINE!!!!

Here is a pic of the bandit, one of the vfr, and a much better pic of the new fz1!

You've had some nice bikes and I'm sure you're going to love the FZ1. Just don't expect torque like you had with the Bandit, but when that needle swings past 8k RPM hold on because the top end hit is great (and very addicting ;))

Well the bike is officially home in my garage. Went to the DMV and got the title and plates registered to me, so we're now all legal. Ive begun ordering a few things for it as well.

Plans for the spring include:

-eBay pazzo knockoff adjustable levers (already ordered)
-Puig racing dark smoke window (already ordered)
-Frame sliders- thinking either motovation or OES- any opinions anyone???
-AIS removal kit
-Oil and filter change (already have the k&n filter and Motul in the garage)
-Coolant change

Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit here so I can get some miles on it! Supposed to be low 50's Sunday so I might try to get out a little bit then.

Here's a couple pics in the garage (and man is it dirty!!!)

Well the bike is officially home in my garage. Went to the DMV and got the title and plates registered to me, so we're now all legal. Ive begun ordering a few things for it as well.

Plans for the spring include:

-eBay pazzo knockoff adjustable levers (already ordered)
-Puig racing dark smoke window (already ordered)
-Frame sliders- thinking either motovation or OES- any opinions anyone???
-AIS removal kit
-Oil and filter change (already have the k&n filter and Motul in the garage)
-Coolant change

Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit here so I can get some miles on it! Supposed to be low 50's Sunday so I might try to get out a little bit then.

Here's a couple pics in the garage (and man is it dirty!!!)

Congrats on getting her home. Now it's time to start the mods. You have a good list going so far.

Congrats! Glad you've finally made the deal.

FYI. you don't need to buy anything but JB Weld to remove the AIS. ;) Pull the whole system, plug the airbox hole then JB Weld the existing holes on the valve cover caps. Nearly free.

Back