I'm pissed beyond belief...

So we closed on our house this past Wednesday. On Saturday I moved the Ape and trailer from the apartment to the house. Back up two weeks and I noticed that my right front turn signal was hanging from the wires. Hummm???? A web buddy of mine has the same bike and during a bonzi run from New Mexico to Austin, at 175+ two of his turn signal stalks broke, so I thought nothing of it. Until today!

As I was moving things around the garage I saw a scuff on the bar end on the right side. Then I looked closer at the broken turn signal, the end of it was scraped! Then I looked at my beloved Arrow can...ground, foot peg...scrapped, rear brake peg, ground, engine case cover, scraped.

The bike was on the side stand in a fenced in area that is only for stuff, motorcycles, bicycles, canoes, trailers, etc. So that means some moron sat on my bike, noticed it was locked, alarm on, and dumped it. FAK!

So the total damage is about $900 to $1,100. No note left, nothing. Stuff happens, I've done dumb things, but own up and admit you made a mistake. People respect those who admit they messed up.

Last edited:
That is messed up. I'm sorry to hear about the damage to your bike. I had found my bike one afternoon with my front blinker that was hanging by the wires. It really makes you wonder what happened and what else might have been done.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

I would be so pissed sorry to hear man. I wold be sitting on my roof every night with my 22. If I ever caught the person in the act I would shoot him the the back of the knee cap or butt cheek while he was running away. Wouldn't dare sit on it again.

I feel your pain

I know exactly how you feel. I was on my way home from my sister's funeral, and stopped for the night at a Holiday Inn. I was allowed to park right out front, under the lights, but out of the way. In the morning the bike was in the same place but when I tried to open the one lock on the luggage it was trashed. I then discovered the bike had been pushed over and someone had stood it back up. When I stormed into the lobby and confronted the front desk guy (big guy), he admitted to picking it up. He told me that he had found it lying on its side. It looked like someone tried (and failed) to break into the side case and in a rage pushed it over.

IMG_0198.jpg

Crash guards badly scraped
IMG_0199.jpg

Lock on luggage ruined
IMG_0202.jpg

right bag scraped and cracked(not water tight anymore)
IMG_0204.jpg

brake pedal gouged the clutch cover
IMG_0206.jpg

right bush gaurd, including fitting all scraped up (more than I have ever done off road)
IMG_0196.jpg

where it was parked.

The hotel manager, basically said "sucks to be you", but in a more diplomatic way, as did the parent company. No more of my cash goes to Holiday Inns, sucks to be them.

The last time I had a bike pushed over it was parked beside a Holiday Inn (in Calgary) while I visited a buddy that was staying there while he waited for a trip (trucking) home.

Granted My KTM has been dropped off road, even earlier on that trip, but the damage was negligible as it was in soft sand and dirt. I fixed the bag with clear silicone but have not replaced the lock yet (the other one still works) and they are $40 and back-ordered. The crash bars have been removed sanded and painted by me. I live with the rest of the damage as the parts are too expensive to justify on a sometime/ lots, off road bike.

I was in no frame of mind to take the crap considering what else was going on in my life (at the time), and I probably would have been thrown in jail had I found the person dicking with my bike.

I am very sorry to see this happen to you, with such a new, and beautiful machine. Sadly there is nothing to do but throw money at the problem.

DAMN!

Its on thing to do damage to your own bike.:banghead: But when somebody else does it to your machine that your busted @$$ to call your own man you better watch out I would be so furious.
I know exactly how you feel. I was on my way home from my sister's funeral, and stopped for the night at a Holiday Inn. I was allowed to park right out front, under the lights, but out of the way. In the morning the bike was in the same place but when I tried to open the one lock on the luggage it was trashed. I then discovered the bike had been pushed over and someone had stood it back up. When I stormed into the lobby and confronted the front desk guy (big guy), he admitted to picking it up. He told me that he had found it lying on its side. It looked like someone tried (and failed) to break into the side case and in a rage pushed it over.

IMG_0198.jpg

Crash guards badly scraped
IMG_0199.jpg

Lock on luggage ruined
IMG_0202.jpg

right bag scraped and cracked(not water tight anymore)
IMG_0204.jpg

brake pedal gouged the clutch cover
IMG_0206.jpg

right bush gaurd, including fitting all scraped up (more than I have ever done off road)
IMG_0196.jpg

where it was parked.

The hotel manager, basically said "sucks to be you", but in a more diplomatic way, as did the parent company. No more of my cash goes to Holiday Inns, sucks to be them.

The last time I had a bike pushed over it was parked beside a Holiday Inn (in Calgary) while I visited a buddy that was staying there while he waited for a trip (trucking) home.

Granted My KTM has been dropped off road, even earlier on that trip, but the damage was negligible as it was in soft sand and dirt. I fixed the bag with clear silicone but have not replaced the lock yet (the other one still works) and they are $40 and back-ordered. The crash bars have been removed sanded and painted by me. I live with the rest of the damage as the parts are too expensive to justify on a sometime/ lots, off road bike.

I was in no frame of mind to take the crap considering what else was going on in my life (at the time), and I probably would have been thrown in jail had I found the person dicking with my bike.

I am very sorry to see this happen to you, with such a new, and beautiful machine. Sadly there is nothing to do but throw money at the problem.

DAMN!

It's best to find a motel with doors that open to the parking lot and just pull it inside the room. It seems like no one cares if they see someone obviously messing with someone else's vehicle. Even under a light at the front door. :(

I'm sad for you. I know how well you take care of your bikes. There's no respect for others with some people, just entitlement. :spank2::banghead::deadhorse:

That just sucks Pete!

I learned years ago from a real long distance guy to cover the bike when leaving it in public. (motels etc.)
Most people won't mess with a covered bike and I try to park where some clown won't hit it. That is not always by the front door at a motel either.

Not much is worse than your ride messed up and it was not by you.

That sucks guys! I have posted 2 stories also so I feel your pain.
Wish that we could invent some type of surveillance system that would allow us to know who pushed our bikes over. LOL That would put an end to a lot of these incidents - I promise!!!! :spank2:

That sucks Pete.
It's bad enough when you do it but really sucks when some other prick does it to your bike :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Man some sad stories here:shame:, I guess i'll throw in mine. My story is slightly different circumstances, but basicly the same concept; my bike which I worked hard to fix up and was in good condition is now trashed because of someone else. This just happened on Monday. I took my FZ1 to a track day at The Ridge. Until the last moto the day went great, not too many riders, I was riding really well (only 2 guys in my class were faster than me and they were on MV Augustas, a VERY fast bike).

That all came to an end about 10 minutes into the last moto of the day I was hauling ass down the straight, I saw a dust cloud on the upcoming turn which likely meant someone crashed so let off the throttle and began to slow down. I enter the turn at reduced speed and out of nowhere my bike flies out from under me and I'm sliding on the pavement. I slide into the dirt and come to a stop right next to the other guy who crashed. He is already on his feet cussing up a storm. I sit there for 30 seconds wondering what in the hell just happened, then I see a thick line of liquid going through the turn. I walk over to it and almost fall on my ass just steping in it. It was oil, and LOTS of it, now I know exactly what happened. I look at my bike and its wrecked, fairing is broken and twisted almost 90 degrees, both frame sliders torn off, the whole bike is scratched to hell and covered in dirt. My riding pants are destroyed, legs are bleeding,and now I'm cussing up a storm now that the shock has worn off. I righted the bike and it did surprisingly start up. I rode what was left of it back to the truck and got checked out by the EMTs where the news just got better, I ended up having to go to the hospital and have chunks of asphalt pulled from my f--king skin.

I learned later that somebody's oil filter had come loose and puked all the oil out in turn 1. Apparently it was saftey wired but the wire broke. That's no excuse. IF YOU'RE THAT F--KING STUPID THAT YOU CAN'T PROPERLY TIGHTEN AN OIL FILTER YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RIDING, PERIOD!!! Furious doesn't even scratch the surface of how mad I've been since this happened. Stress level is 570 out of 10.

The good (relatively) news is that I removed the whole fairing/lights, straightend the bars out and rode the bike yesterday and the frame/forks appear to be OK, there are no obvious cracks or bends and no weird wobbles when I rode it. The engine seems to be fine as well (frame sliders definately did their job).

I've ordered a lot of the parts I need from ebay, but it's still going to cost hundereds of dollars. I don't even want to think about the ambulance/hospital bills that are coming. On top of that the bike was in great shape, now most of the bodywork/ engine covers are scratched up to sh-t.

So in summary, my bike is trashed, my legs are torn to sh-t, and I'll likely be in the hole a lot of money soon. NONE OF THIS BULLSH-T WAS MY FAULT!!! If I find the guy who can't tighten a filter he is going to the hospital and i'm probably going to jail (this is not at all an exaggeration). Rant over,who needs a drink?

Last edited:
No disrespect but...

I feel your pain about the track day, but I don't really think it compares to the vandalism these two guys experienced. If you go to a track day I kind of feel that you assume a much higher risk than when you ride on the street. It's very unfortunate that his filter came off, but he would not have passed safety if it wasn't properly secured. Shit happens when you haul balls. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck, but I would be a hell of a lot less pissed if I crashed at the track than If someone tried to steal my bike and vandalized it in the process. Either way it is not fun to have to rebuild your baby. Sorry this happened to you guys. Thieves should be subjected to capital punishment... it is a lot more difficult to steal when you only have one hand.

but I would be a hell of a lot less pissed if I crashed at the track than If someone tried to steal my bike and vandalized it in the process.

Try it then report back, but remember the crash/damage must be entirely caused by someone else. Unfortunately that same situation could happen on the street too:shame:

Thieves should be subjected to capital punishment... it is a lot more difficult to steal when you only have one hand.

I do agree on that one.

Back