I Know This Will Shock Some But...........

It saddens me to say but I have tried all other avenues and have come to the same sick conclusion. It looks like I am going to sell the FZ1. Some may not believe it and it may be a shock to others but it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it to tax time. Bills are due and thats all I can say. I don't want to get into the particulars. There will always be other bikes, hopefully another FZ1, but for now the welfare of my son is what's most important to me. If things change for the better by tax time next year I will look for something else. I will in no way be leaving the forum in the event that the bike sells. You can't get rid of me that easy!

Okay, now to the particulars:

2001 in Black
Valve Clearance check just professionally done (A Okay)
Just over 30K on the clock (All easy miles)
Adult ridden and never abused
New Battery
Bridgestone 023's installed this past April
Garage kept and never ridden in the rain
For list of mods just look at my signature below

Bronx, NY Location
Asking $3200.00 OBO

Link to Makeover Thread:
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-i-mods/10265-springtime-makeover-thread.html

The bike runs beautifully and has a clean title and currently registered in NYC

IMG_0849-1.jpg

IMG_0852-1.jpg

IMG_0853-1.jpg

IMG_0854-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. Feel free to ask any questions pertaining to the bike.

The bike is also listed on Craigslist at this link: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/mcy/2617298477.html

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that Billy, but I also understand your reason. It sucks living in the current economy and I don't see it getting better any time soon. I watch CNN during the day and call it the "Doom and Gloom" station.

If it sells, the buyer will be getting a terrific bike that has been meticulously maintained. There will always be other machines. I went for 8 years of my life without one after my kids came along, due to that horrible adult affliction called "priorities".

Good luck!

Thanks for understanding Lee. As much as it absolutely kills me to do this, there is no material item on this planet that is more important than my son's education. I can't wait around for woek to pick up and I figure that tax time will be here in no time where I could probably finish paying his tuition for the year and have a little leftover for another bike. I am going to keep renting the garage in the meantime so I at least have that ready.

Wow! I totally did not see that coming but I totally understand and support where you are coming from! Family ALWAYS comes first! I wish I had the cash to buy it an let you have it back at your leisure.

I had to sell my wife's bike because I was afraid times were going to get very tough when she was out of work.

I am in the same boat as you at this point :ugh: The wife has been getting on about selling the bike so we can move out sooner so let's just hope for the best!

You got to do what you gotta do.

People rank higher than "things" and material possessions can always be replaced.

Some people learn that lesson too late if ever.

Life is short ... make it sweet.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda do not belong in a good decision.
Wish you luck and good roads ahead.

I'm sorry to hear this Billy. I fully understand though and give you high kudos for taking care of what is important first. Like others, I gave up my toys when the kids came because their needs were more important. It's a tough decision but you have to do what is best for yourself and your son. Great bike for someone that wants one!

In the end, it's just a bike and I think you're making a wise decision! :)

There's hundreds of bikes out there and when your finances support it, you'll get another. You could be stupid like me and keep your bike but sell your car and not own anything of value!

Nah.. ;)

sorry it has to come to this billy. i know how much you love your bike. i think it is my favorite 1st gen out there. good luck with the sale and i'm gld you're sticking around. do what you have to do

sorry it has to come to this billy. i know how much you love your bike. i think it is my favorite 1st gen out there. good luck with the sale and i'm gld you're sticking around. do what you have to do

Thanks PJ, it's with a heavy heart that I must part with her but it her or the car and Winter is right around the corner so the car must stay. Thanks for the kind words pal. I'll still be here, moderating, as well as posting. If there is one thing I've learned is that time passes quickly, and before I know it I will be back on two wheels! Thanks for the kind words.

Holy cow your a good man!!!! Richie is a class act as well. He deserves everything that can be offered with school. Your son is a good educational investment. I totaly understand. Its sad to see this is the only way at this time, but I understand.
Your son does not waist his education. He is worth it.
I hope things work out for you guys. When bike buying time comes around again for ya. we'll all keep a good eye out.

Bless you for the man you are and the young man your raising.
Your are the least selfish person I know. Im gonna miss riding with ya. Gee I just lost my other riding buddy.
I know its a time out. I still cant wait to get up your way to ride with you guys.

To anyone who might have or know someone with interest. That bike is very clean and well maintained.. Always has been,

Billy, may I ask? Is selling the bike going to satisfy what needs are being asked of Richie's education?
I would pitch in to a "support the site moderator" fund.

Good luck with everything. Im not giving up on us riding up Bear Mtn.

Billy... I hate to hear it... but I've been thinking about doing the same thing... but worse... in order to really get anything out of mine, I'll have to rip it apart and part it out.... I'm still not having any luck in finding a job.... this economy sucks.

Last edited:
Well crap....:frown: Hate to hear this, but, I do completely understand it.

And, I can really relate. My Son just graduated college, and is in his first year of Law School. I was just sitting here licking my chops for the Sargent Seat just posted up for sale...and I really wanted it...very tempting. But, money's so tight, and well, you know the drill.

Anyway, Glad to see that you'll be sticking around here and getting another bike tax time.

As you have, I have put my Son's education before my wants and desires, and hope someday, he'll be in a position from this education to be able to afford what he wants. Course, he's getting married next July...and he'll probably be doing the same someday. As others have said, very admirable on your part.

Well, off to check my lottery ticket...If I win, I'll be sending you the $$$$ for your bike along with a note saying "keep it" ;)

Is this your way of getting out of riding with me??? That sucks billy but hopefully times will get better for ya and some one u know may buy the bike and give ya first options on purchasing it back.

Back