I Know This Will Shock Some But...........

Wow I hadn't been on here in a couple of days and this did shock me! Billy I'm sorry that it has come to this. Hopefully you can sell it quickly, but with Winter approaching it wont be easy. My advice is not to get another bike with your tax money. Save it so you have a little cushion to get through another tough time if it comes up.

A bike is really a toy around these parts and to have to worry about selling another bike if you get into trouble financially just doesn't make sense to me...

Wow I hadn't been on here in a couple of days and this did shock me! Billy I'm sorry that it has come to this. Hopefully you can sell it quickly, but with Winter approaching it wont be easy. My advice is not to get another bike with your tax money. Save it so you have a little cushion to get through another tough time if it comes up.

A bike is really a toy around these parts and to have to worry about selling another bike if you get into trouble financially just doesn't make sense to me...

Very wise Tony! I agree 100%. Billy if we were closer I'd let you ride my FZ1 whenever you wanted. You just pay for gas, like Eric did. We'll have to figure out a way my friend.

Shocked is right, sorry to hear this. Been there kids first, toys come second. Things will turn around for you. Good things happen for good people.

Thanks for all the kind words. I truly appreciate the sentiments and believe it or not, makes it alot easier to do what I have to do. Our Forum is chock full of generously kind people which is why I could never see myself leaving. I thank everyone for their kind offers of using their bikes and whatnot but it will be okay. I'll just think of it as an early winter and look forward to Spring when I'll, with any luck, be riding again. Sometime this week I should be seeing a member of the Celtic MCC who comes into the job to buy material. He is the person who bought my Honda which enabled me to buy the FZ1 in the first place. He is always looking for bikes to send back to Ireland for resale. He never questions the price and he knows how I keep my bikes maintained so hopefully I'll get lucky. In the meantime, it's business as usual. I'll hopefully be on the mountain this Sunday for one of my final rides on my sweetheart. ;)

Sorry to hear that you're selling your bike, I just hope that the guy who buys the bike from you will treat her the same way you did if not he should be :spank2:

good luck and I hope you will be getting back on 2 wheels very quickly......

Billy, I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the opening post on this thread. I had to keep double checking to make sure it was you. So sorry to hear this my friend.

What goes around comes around. You're a great dad and a great guy and that's bound to come back to you. I swear, in the unlikely event I win the lottery soon I'll buy the bike and sell it back to you for a dollar.

I wish I could join you on the mountain this Sunday but the family has me tied up. I hope we can get a ride in before somebody buys it.

Billy, I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the opening post on this thread. I had to keep double checking to make sure it was you. So sorry to hear this my friend.

What goes around comes around. You're a great dad and a great guy and that's bound to come back to you. I swear, in the unlikely event I win the lottery soon I'll buy the bike and sell it back to you for a dollar.

I wish I could join you on the mountain this Sunday but the family has me tied up. I hope we can get a ride in before somebody buys it.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the sentiments. I'm hoping to have it at least for this Sunday. I finally talked to a friend from the local MC Chapter yesterday, so he is picking up some flyers from me today and posting them in their clubhouse. Hopefully it will not be too long.

Sad but cool that you're getting a bite already! Good luck Billy!

Thanks Bud. I wasn't even supposed to be home today but my buddy at work needed Wednesday so I switched with him. Maybe that's a sign???? When it comes to Craigslist, I never keep high hopes. I haven't had much luck on there in the past. We'll see. He is supposed to get back to me shortly to set something up.

Man Billy, I'm really sorry to hear that you have to sell your bike. Hang tough brother, we are here for you.

Thanks Pete. Now that it's been a week or so and has sunk in that she'll be leaving soon, I'm kinda relaxed about it. I know that I'll definitely be back in a few short months, which as everyone knows, will be here in the blink of an eye! In the meantime, I will have to hang out here and live vicariously through my buds!

Good luck with the sale FZ1riderNY, some times we have other more important priorities in life.
Like Bluey said, a nice Gen II could be on the cards in the future?

Good luck with the sale FZ1riderNY, some times we have other more important priorities in life.
Like Bluey said, a nice Gen II could be on the cards in the future?

That's true buddy. A GenII would be nice, not to "slight" my GenI brothers out there, but we'll see. The GenI would be so much more comfortable for my 49 year old azz and knees. The guy of course never called back anyway so the wait continues. That's the crap about Craigslist. I've been through this before. They call and say they're coming and then never show up. It's okay because I have his number saved so I know when to "hang up" next time. It boils my blood when they make you sit around on your day off and not show up or call to say they are not coming. I guess it's all part of the "selling game".

Back