I´ll get a PCV - how should i start

Thanks. I'd need help. I have the PCV now as well as the R77 slip on and the K&N filter. I also have the block off plates and the EXUP removed. I would't feel comfortable at all installing the FCE or the flies. As for the FCE, it amazes me that the unit just doesn't come with mating connectors. It would probably add $10 at best. Such a high tech product with a low tech solution.

From what I can remember about the install, making the FCE plug play would probably require the huge ECU connector to be used which would probably be impractical from both a cost and "fitting it all in there" perspective. As it is, it works well but is a bit of work to install. Also keep in mind that there won't be much midrange gain in power while using a slip on. The tubing length for the factory header is a packaging compromise (for the CAT) and blunts the midrange somewhat.

Just had a baby so my time is currently pretty limited. Come winter if you are interested, I might be able to find some time to help you with the FCE and flies. Regardless have fun!

Yesterday i installed the PCV , it works , but i didnt have a testdrive yet.

This is my setup now

PC-V,FCE, Lars Airbox mod without rerouting the cables, BMC Filter, Akrapovic Slip on, Stock Flies, Cat not gutted!!

So my question is, can i use the duken stage II map although my cat is not gutted? Or should i take a stage 1 map, couse i need the cat here in germany.
can the map do any harm to the cat?

Best regards :)
Dan

At least 2 with the airbox mod.

An update on my stuff. I installed the fuel line mod, did the airbox mod, installed the FCE, sub-throttle plates, the , and Ivan's map. All good.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks alot :)

no i have the choice between the whittlebeast stage2 smoothed ( i currently use) the Lars Map and the on of HDF1 which is extra called with FCE.

And thats my question, i have the FCE installed, but how does it take effect on the maps of WB and duken?

I don't know the answer to that. You are just going to have to mess around with different maps. The PCV can hold two maps if you hook an on/off switch to the appropriate lugs on it.

Hi guys,

what throttle voltages do you have after calibration?

Could you post them so i can see if they are rather similar with mine?

Best regards,
Dan

Back