How old are you?

Here's an 03 ZRX1200r, 02 and 03 CBR 954's that I owned. I was a bike whore..lol
Piker! :jk:

By the time I was your age I had owned 6 bikes - then I picked up the pace. Since then I've added 12 additional bikes to my "once owned" list (still have 4). Had two of those ZRX's too! An 01 in good condition and an '05 in absolute pristine condition. Never could get comfortable on them so I let them go. Current ride - at the ripe old age of 56 - is the Thunderace. Also have an '06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R that I've lowered for the wife, a '97 Honda 250 I need to restore, and another Honda 150 dirt bike that I need to fix the carb on.

I have to admit, the FZ1 brought out the hooligan :spank2: in me for the first few years, but I'm mellowing a bit (must mean it's time for mods!) :evillaugh:

I still have to visit the 8k-12k zone every so often. That's what gives me the 29-32 mpg. If I'm good and travel with my wife on her Ninja 250R, I keep the revs no higher than 4k-5k and get 38-42 mpg (46 mpg is the highest for me on fuelly, but it was a short fill up, and I don't fully believe it).

I'm getting older, so I decided to test ride some bikes the other week. I tried an HD, just because I'd never been on one. I let the sales guy pick what he thought I'd like (because I frankly know NOTHING about HD's) and he gave me a 'Switchback' to try. It had the 103 cu in (~1688cc) V-Twin. It felt annemic (as expected) and the front brake (single disc) was horrid! It was more comfortable to my old body than I want to admit, but I would never own one. Just not my style.

Then I had to prove I am too fat and old for a super sport (it's more fat then old, but oh well, working on that). I test rode a 2008? R6. I was extremely impressed with the engine, even in the lower rpms. The riding position wasn't uncomfortable for the 15 minutes I was on it, other than cranking my neck up. I can't do that. I have some bulging discs in my neck, and that makes my arms go numb. :( Too bad. I really was hoping to be able to pick up a 600, 750 or 1000 SS for a few years to play on. Now I know not to worry about it. I might try a Gixxer 750. I've heard they have a better street position.

In conclusion, I'm on the "old man" sport bike for a reason. I haven't given up and hit the cruiser and my body doesn't really allow me to do the full tuck. I AM however strangly lusting after the new FJR for long trips! :banghead:

DISCLAIMER: I'm not hating on cruisers or super sports, I'm just explaining how my age, mental condition and physical condition fit perfectly with the FZ1.

I'll be 42 this fall. I tired of the cruiser (Honda Shadow 750) after a few years and realized I wanted something a little sportier based on the fact that I had sharpened the peg scrapers to razor-sharp points (I tore a pair of pants just brushing against the scraper once). I'm not sure exactly what attracted me to the FZ1, but I picked up my '08 in 2011 for my 40th birthday present to myself. Since then I've put about 20,000 miles on it and loved (almost) every one.

I'll be 42 this fall. I tired of the cruiser (Honda Shadow 750) after a few years and realized I wanted something a little sportier based on the fact that I had sharpened the peg scrapers to razor-sharp points (I tore a pair of pants just brushing against the scraper once). I'm not sure exactly what attracted me to the FZ1, but I picked up my '08 in 2011 for my 40th birthday present to myself. Since then I've put about 20,000 miles on it and loved (almost) every one.

I wish I'd thought of that for my 40th! :)

Actually, my wife claims to have let me buy it for my 40th. It was a great distraction from the surprise party that she threw (the day after I brought the FZ1 home). I have no problem with saying that she bought it for me. That makes it sound even better.

Waited til I was 51 years young to get a sportbike again and lovin' every minute on it!

8923764865_cac2aa2250_b.jpg
[/url]
DPP_0003 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr[/img]

I'm 30, bought my '07 FZ1 last October, it's first road bike but I own a CRF230 since 5 years now.

I love the FZ1 even though I always dreamed for a SS bike, waited from 20 to 30 to get on the road to get some maturity. The only thing that stopped me from having a SS bike is stupid laws in my province, a SS bike is double license fees, and double insurance fees, that's 800$ more per year in the gas tank :p

The FZ1 seemed the perfect compromise, and I finally find the bike almost perfect!!

I'm 52 and have had my FZ for about 18 months. Sold my Triumph Speed Four to get it. I bought my first bike when I was 14, 1972 Yamaha 350 . I later moved up to a Kawasaki 750 and then the 900. Also have owned a Triumph America, Rocket lll and currently have a Tenere and Goldwing to keep the FZ company.

How old I ain't

I'm 55 got my FZ1 as first bike

:spank2:

Life took a twist last year!!! I lost some one very close. Realized I was alive but not living. Got my 2010 at great price new for my 55th in August last year got license 10/21/2012. Got 6,800 miles to date. Ride hot or cold. Love my FZ1, her name is Sasha

Two Bros slip on
Eddie Seats ( great guy great seats )
Puig Smoke Touring screen
Mountech crash bars

Last edited:
51 here had FZ1 for going on 8 years. First street bike when I was 16 was a Kawasaki 650 SR candy apple red she was a beauty.....
Did my road test with it, instructor was laughing cause I went for my bike license before my car.
I am getting old cause back then they used to follow you in a car and honk once to turn left twice to turn right.....I hear it is a little different now days

Back