How many miles on your fz1??

Need new knee

Bought a leftover '07 in April of '08. Promptly blew out knee at work. Surgery in May. Couldn't ride till late summer. Making up a little for lost time 7,200mi and counting. If I can get my family to let me spend time with my loved one it will be great.

miles ridden

about 21,000 no problems to date. changed sprocket to 48 on rear from 45 and that made a huge difference in performance. I love how my bike performs now lots of low end and mid range performance

I am amazed at the mileage some of you guys have put on your bikes. I just had to post mine. Kind of odd but here goes;
First FZ1 2005 purchased in June 2008 put on 11K Km - still have it,
Second FZ1 2003 - Purchased in July 2008 put on 300 km sold to brother in law,
Third FZ1 2001 - Purchased in July 2009, put on 1800 km, still have it.

So I still have 2 FZ1's, selling the 2001 as soon as I am finished some work on it.

I bought my 09 FZ1 February 09 and I currently have 5700 miles on it. Runs beautiful. This is my first MN winter coming up since I bought her and I will miss her. I Rode all winter long in Colorado on my FZ6.

Man you already have more miles on your '09 than I do on my '06 :lol:

:tup: I'm typically good for 6 - 7k per season. Along with the almost 5900 miles on this one, I also put 1,580 miles on the FZ6 that I traded in for this bike... So, just shy of 7,500 miles this year so far.

I'll ride until I find or they start announcing black ice on the roads.

Do you commute with your bike or is it for pleasure only?

Pleasure use only. It would be difficult to wear a shirt and tie while riding and I don't want to be bothered changing clothes. Plus to just sit in traffic I'd rather be in the car...

Do what I do... over-clothes, thus no changing, just shed a layer. I also leave earlier and avoid the traffic by taking back roads to and from work.

Funny thing is? It's only 12 miles to work but most days, it takes me almost 40 - 50 miles to get home! :eek: :innocent0002:

Back