How good are FZ1's

Hi guys,

My first post on this forum after buying a 2013 FZ1N.

I test rode heaps of different bikes before forking out the cash, Ninja 1000, Z1000, Bandit 1250S/F, XJR1300, VFR800 XV1900 blah blah blah and everytime I ride my FZ1N I have a grin from ear to ear.

My baby is, as described, a 2013 completely stock FZ1N with 5000kms(3100ish mile). I have a Yoshi R77 slip on coming (should be here within 8 days :D) as I test rode a 2012 with this slip on and fell in love the angry sound and just, well, had to have one :)

I just love her, my only issue is I can't find a name that suits her yet.

1st world problem hey?

How good are they, there Great bikes. R1 with handle bars. I had a 09, miss it Bad. Frist mod most will do is drop 1 tooth on front sprocket. It makes a big difference, I had the R-77 C/F and it sounded Bad Ass and looked Great. If you get that popping on decell rip off that AIS and plug them holes with pennies. I replaced the break lines with S.S. Stock wind screen sucks, I had a taller and wider one, for sale still. So enjoy that machine, that's my 2 cents.

Oh, Welcome..

Last edited:
Only got the one in my Avatar at the moment.
I will get some before and after pics and vids once I get the exhaust :) Can't wait!!

Apparently it's in Singapore now which is much closer than it was, expected delivery is now Monday 18th July. Nearly time for my happy dance ;)

Welcome to the forum and yes, how good are they?
I've had mine since new in 2010 and it now has the full host of mods, so it's even better than when I first bought it.
They are comfortable and fast, what's not to like?

lol R1 with handlebars...you got jokes...

oldbiker nailed it perfectly and that's why i love mine. and did some performance swaps and now it's truly my kinda bike, a tourer and sporty

Love mine. Only downside is there are heaps of upgrades/mods out there to spend $$$ on. If you are fitting a carbon Yoshi, I would block the AIS so the slip on survives.

Not buying the Carbon one, I prefer the stainless look so have ordered a full Stainless Slip on only.

What do you mean about blocking the AIS "so it survives"??

Back