HID Headlights

Yamaha's option-up arm Y's gear has an HID kit specifically for the FZ1. I got mine off a guy making kits on the FJR forum. It's the 2nd kit as the 1st one, cheap, failed after about a year. Both kits had/have the metal cup n shroud as Delta was likely describing above.
Initially, they needed a fair bit of adjustment from the settings used with halogens and got some flashes. Took it to a Shaken(MOT) approved place to get them dialed in. They had to do each light individually and cover the other one as together they are bright enough to screw with the machine apparently. Anyway, no more flashes, they pass inspection and light up the road well.

Thanks for the time to post, this clears up a lot of questions i had with "regular" HID's in "standard" reflectors, I'm assuming your car reflectors have been designed specifically for the use with that HID upgrade. But the fact that there is a genuine? plug in kit for the FZ1 tells me more thought went into the reflectors on the FZ1 then it did on the FZ6 as even with the shielded HID bulbs in them reflectors, no amount of tweaking would get them even close to right.

This is something i will have to experiment with on the FZ1

Thanks again

Go with the hid projectors, makes a world of difference. You can get a nice kit for $150 and the ccfl halos will last 30k hours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 108
Back