help me spend 500 bucks

I got 500 to spend on the bike and I am having a hard time deciding at this time i am not buying any more performance additions.A couple things i had in mind are better seat i can do 300 miles a day tops on my Spencer seat,Steering stabilizer,CD Strike seat cowl.any other suggestions? Wife is buying me a track day for my bday so that is whenever i go do it

these are both excellent suggestions another thing i had thought about was the Hyperpro fork springs and rear spring combo.I dont know that i ride good enough to even take advantage of what the bike has for stock handling components.

these are both excellent suggestions another thing i had thought about was the Hyperpro fork springs and rear spring combo.I dont know that i ride good enough to even take advantage of what the bike has for stock handling components.

I'll make it out your way one day this week you can sample the sweetness

already have braided lines.just give me a call Johnny or maybe i could use the money to go for a week long ride somewhere new????? maybe to the infamous busted knuckle garage??

Rear shock since you have a trackday coming

You can easily get an 04-06 R1 front end for under 500 bucks.

Parting out 2006 r1 : Yamaha R1 Forum

Grab his forks , front axle, master cylinder. Use some SS brake lines for an FZ1 and grab some calipers off ebay. Use your stock front brake rotors and done.

R1 forks might be mice, but the stock FZ1 forks are decent, while the rear shock is junk so my vote is for the rear shock as well.

the whole shock or just the spring? Like i said earlier that Hyperpro combo kit looks like a decent option that wont break the bank or R1 rear shock.

Problem is from what most people have said, is if you go penske you want the 8983.. Thats 800 bucks so over budget. Hell, even just the 8900E is over budget being almost 600 bucks.

That is why I said go for the R1 forks as you will be under 500 for the total setup if you stick to 04-06. Gets a bit pricier if you jump to the 07+ as you need rotors as well.

Yes, I am a member of that forum. That is where I just scored my set of 08 Forks and most of the parts for my conversion I will be doing soon.

Plus black forks would look better on your bike. ;)

the whole shock or just the spring? Like i said earlier that Hyperpro combo kit looks like a decent option that wont break the bank or R1 rear shock.
Amevl, I agree with you. If you listen to Johnny you will have a great rear shock but you will still have the stock front suspension. If you listen to Geno you will have improved front suspension but you will still have the stock rear shock. If you get Hyperpro springs for front and rear you will have improved both your front and rear suspension.
I spent a $1,000 and had GP Suspension revalve and spring both my front and rear suspension. It was an excellent investment if you ask me. :)

How many miles do you have on your bike after your R1 fork swap Geno? Done any trackdays on them?

I actually don't even possess the R1 fork conversion yet. Everything for my 08 front end conversion is in the mail. Currently have 4115 on the bike currently. Track days are not going to happen for me, the closest track is somewhere like 3 hours away and I dont have a trailer for the bike to take it there. I only mentioned he look into it for the fact he has the money to do the swap. It has no affect on me what he does with his money, it was merely a suggestion. lol

And yes, the rear would be best to do first but with 500 bucks he is limited on what shock he could use. I would have done the rear first, but I caught some deals on the R1 parts that I could not pass up. The Penske 8983 is 800ish shipped no matter when I buy it.

Back