hello from missouri

well,, It's seems to be a great deal for a new 2014 FZ1 for about $6700 with a trade in worth less than $1k that they will give me $1k for. I will tell you my problems, I have always wanted a 06 to 08 BMW k1200R, and have almost got one a few different times, but never did. I am little afraid of the transmission, ABS, ESA, cam tensioner problems they have. Is there any know common problems with the 2014 FZ1? I am planning on using the bike for going to work on nice days, taking my 9yr old boy for short rides, and maybe going on a few all day rides with my wife on back, if I can get a seat that she's ok with? Eventually I would love to own a Harley Davidson Breakout, but the cost of those cost 3 times what I can get a new FZ1 for, so... that will have to be years from now. So for now I was thinking for the price I might as well get the new FZ1 and I could probably drive it for a few years and get almost all my money back out of it and get something else maybe a few years from now? the price seemed almost to good to pass up?

Hi and welcome,, sounds like you've almost talked yourself into it !! No real problems with these bikes you won't be disappointed , my 06 has 44k trouble free miles on it now,whilst others have double that !!
Not so sure about the Harley though !,

Back