GoPro ... Which mounting locations work? Which don't?

Looks good! The exhaust note is much more pronounced than in the other locations which I like alot. I hate MC videos with music. I want to hear the engine note rather than Ozzy or AC/DC. Nice job on the mount!

Me too! With the velcro mounts, I had the wind noise reduced so that I didn't need music. I never did anything to that cam and the sound is better in the case than out of it. I need to work on that now, I think with a little transparent tape and headphone foam and it'll be all right out of the case too. The flashlight cam's sound is so bad that I never use it.

Took the chance to try some more locations when I took the bike to run an errand today. Here are some snapshots. Yes, I still need to work on aiming but I'm getting closer!

Here are the positions I started with
DSCF5004.JPG

One one the left bar end and the high mount.

After I got gas, I switched to the left mirror stem
DSCF5013.JPG

And some stills from the videos:
High Mount with the 180/.28x lens
vlcsnap-2011-06-29-17h33m17s225.jpg

High Mount rear facing:
vlcsnap-00002.jpg

I can't get either of the wide angle lenses to center when I use the waterproof case so I'm going to be looking for another way to use the tripod with those cams. You definitely need to use a wide angle lens with this camera to get this shot. I also might order the Fox .38x lens which is in between the .67x and .28x lenses.

Shock Mount on left mirror stem facing front
vlcsnap-00004.jpg

Shock Mount on left mirror stem facing rear
vlcsnap-00003.jpg

Shock mount on left bar end facing me
vlcsnap-00001%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Shock mount on left bar end facing rear
vlcsnap-00002%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Forecasted thunderstorms have kept me near the house so I'm a little stir crazy and am definitely ready for my next ride. Weekend forecast looks so much more promising so I'll try to get a ride in!

I'm really pleased with these mounts. Now I just need to figure out how to turn these great shots into a great video! I'll be working with the vids I took today in a little bit to see if I can make the video I'd want to see.

Back