GoPro ... Which mounting locations work? Which don't?

VA and Billy, Thanks for your help, VA I found a copy of Power Director but it is 5 years old and I am no longer on WIN2000 but WIN 7 64 Bit so I will look for a newer copy.

Billy you have the same problem that I had, try the wide angle looking forward and the narrow angle looking back then you riding mates will be a lot closer to you and has anyone solved the Audio Problems? My son is in England for another 2 months so he can't help yet but Billy the quality is bloody great and I love the two screens.

I will pick up Corel tomorrow.

I just tried it and just like VA said, it is very user friendly. I'm going to post a video shortly that I took this morning up on the mountain. Just messing around, I let the program do everything for me and it was pretty cool.

Here's the video done by Power Director Ultra 64. I was just messing around but at least I was able to navigate through the program without any prior experience. I'm going to look at some tutorials to see what other goodies it has. Thanks Aaron!

This was shot this morning up on the mountain. Make sure to watch it in HD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwm_73J39Mc]YouTube - ‪FZ1 On Bear Mountain Test Video‬‏[/ame]

That was actually "full auto". I just inserted the clip and let the program make the entire movie. Once it was finished I just had to save and export in whatever mode you want. Once I see some tutorials, I'll start doing the editing myself, but talk about simplicity! Thanks for the info. Very cool program which may turn out to be one of my favorites!

Billy I am insanely jealous but that was insanely good HOWEVER! WORD OF WARNING! TRY NOT TO INCLUDE YOUR SPEEDO IN THE FILM.

A friend of ours was pulled up by the police who took him back to the station slippend his SD card into their laptop (allowable under the Evidence act.) clearly showed 226 KPH in a 100 zone, decent lads that they were they charged him with 128 Kph thus saving his licence, lucky lad, he obviously passed the "attitude test"

I am wondering if they could use the GPS camera against you?

Nothing worse than convicting yourself.

Mucho thanks VA I hope to figure it out soon, remember my brain is 3 score years old, plus the drugs in the 1960s and drink in the 1980s and accidents since then. :)

I actually just upgraded from PD8 to PD9 last night... one of the big drawbacks of PD8 was that it could only export to YouTube at a max of 720p... now with PD9, I can actually output at 1080p ... so.. that's cool... I tossed up a quick video of the Subaru on The Snake just to see how the 1080p video would come out.... the wind noise is god awful.... but.. the video looks nice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlHuPT2pmYg&hd=1]YouTube - ‪GoPro Subaru‬‏[/ame]

I actually just upgraded from PD8 to PD9 last night... one of the big drawbacks of PD8 was that it could only export to YouTube at a max of 720p... now with PD9, I can actually output at 1080p ... so.. that's cool... I tossed up a quick video of the Subaru on The Snake just to see how the 1080p video would come out.... the wind noise is god awful.... but.. the video looks nice.

YouTube - ‪GoPro Subaru‬‏

On the Ultra 64 Edition there is a filter for "wind noise" that works awesome. It's on the left hand side when your editing. Hit "noise filter", then in the drop down box I think the last one is "wind noise". I'm loving this program much more than the Corel. The only thing I haven't figured out is the picture in picture yet. I'll tackle that after work.

Aaron, Here's the screenshot of what I was talking about by editing out the wind noise. Try it out and see if it's good.

Fix.jpg

Very good VA and I agree with Billy the wind noise is quite acceptable, I have a Yoshi slipon on mine so the muffler noise is louder than the wind and I quite like the Yoshi note.

When No.1 son returns from Europe I will get him to show me the tricks in removing the sound track, dimming it down then running background music (Bat out of hell is good on the twisties) :)

With my spy cams, I've been mounting them with velcro ties. It's time consuming and not as flexible as I'd like so I've been looking for another way. Enter the mic shock mount and table stand clamp. Here's my test vid with multiple locations on the bike. I also threw in a helmet mount because I kind of missed the POV. I have 3 spy cams and IMO they work pretty good for getting many views at an economical price.

This is basically a proof of concept video to be sure they'll work with the cams I have. Techmoan did it with the HD Keychain cam but I needed to see how it worked with the other cams. It did without needed to add anything (except making an "adapter" for the d005). I do need to work on my aiming though!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU0U7L7HHXo]YouTube - Mini DVR on motorcycle[/ame]

I've got more details on my blog here and here.

Next I'll work on making prettier videos by exploring the options I have in Corel Video Studio. My niece convinced me to use the sketch or cartoon feature in the first inset, so I'll be playing with some more to see what kind of results I get.

With my spy cams, I've been mounting them with velcro ties. It's time consuming and not as flexible as I'd like so I've been looking for another way. Enter the mic shock mount and table stand clamp. Here's my test vid with multiple locations on the bike. I also threw in a helmet mount because I kind of missed the POV. I have 3 spy cams and IMO they work pretty good for getting many views at an economical price.

This is basically a proof of concept video to be sure they'll work with the cams I have. Techmoan did it with the HD Keychain cam but I needed to see how it worked with the other cams. It did without needed to add anything (except making an "adapter" for the d005). I do need to work on my aiming though!

YouTube - Mini DVR on motorcycle

I've got more details on my blog here and here.

Next I'll work on making prettier videos by exploring the options I have in Corel Video Studio. My niece convinced me to use the sketch or cartoon feature in the first inset, so I'll be playing with some more to see what kind of results I get.

Nice compilation Wolfie. The shock mounts really seem to quell any vibrations from road conditions. I especially like the "rear facing footpeg mount". Great job!

Back