Four Legged Mug Shots

Norm,
It is always hard to see the passage of one that we have found a place in our heart for, you have my sympathy. I do not look forward to the day that our troublesome house cat that we know as Loki (aptly named for the Norse god of mischief) leaves our lives.

IMG_0193.jpg

Here's a picture of my dog Kipper. It's a little old (taken in 2006), but she looks basically the same now, just has some white hair around her eyes now. I keep a 8x10 of this picture on my wall when I'm away at college as a reminder of home.

n16929226_32210535_594.jpg

This is my dog Gehrig. He's only 8 years old but he's had a rough life with 2 shoulder surgeries and now a brain tumor that we had under control with medications for about a year. But it looks like he's reached the end of the line and tomorrow morning I think we'll be putting him to sleep. It breaks my heart and I'm crying as I write this. Say a prayer for him, will you? (Gehrig is the Golden on the right-On the left is my best friend's pug)

HPIM1601.jpg

There is nothing better than the undying devotion of a dog. I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Look at it this way, he is in a better place now, and you are a better person because of it. You gave him the extra time to enjoy.

Norm I hate to hear of your loss I know it would kill me to loose my baby girl. This pic should put a smile on your face. This is what my oldest boy and Rain my 2yo golden retreiver like to do on saturday mornings. He gets the best pillow in the house for watching cartoons.

picture.php

Shelby Cobra

This is my mutt, Shelby Cobra. She is a lab/border-collie mix. I adopted her in February this year at the local shelter. She is a great dog; the best $15 I have ever spent!

this is andy, rescued from tuscaloosa, alabama, but now he is a big city dog in the north east. all his paper work says he is a german shepherd mix, but doesn't tell what he's mixed with. i have some guesses, but i dont know for sure. he's about 80lbs and about 13/14 months (don't know his real birthday either.) he showed up as a tiny puppy to this older womans house down in alabama, and she fed him one day, so naturally he came back the next day and she fed him again, and this went on until she took him in, but then a few months went by and he started getting bigger and more hyper, so she gave him up to a rescue organization. i was going to get a dog, went on petfinder.com and $300 and 1 month later i picked him up in NH.

when he was a tiny guy at the rescue organization:
22058_304173540727_645340727_4017476_1778428_n.jpg

he loves hiking and the outdoors in general (not sure how i pulled this action shot off with my phone):
31322_390507685727_645340727_4566757_5139832_n.jpg

one of his late night ebay buying sprees. he's addicted to the thrill of the auction (i walked into my room and he was just like this, no posing him or anything):
24812_380504480727_645340727_4317424_1134362_n.jpg

his most recent picture (a couple weeks ago) hanging out by the pool:
32504_402184595727_645340727_4882961_128515_n.jpg

I hope you find comfort in this little paragraph Norm & for anyone else who's lost a pet.......

A man and his dog were walking along a road.
The man was enjoying the scenery,
when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.
He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble..

At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked
like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

The man gestured, and the gate began to open. 'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his
dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the
way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book....

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump,' said the man.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump
with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said.

'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

You are welcome at my water bowl anytime !!

Two new shots:

Duke cuddling with his amputee lion. (Only one leg and arm)

004-2.jpg

My new baby, Sinthya. She was born in July. 5th Generation. Taking her first meal at the house.

001-1.jpg

Back