Four Legged Mug Shots

So, what about our furry family members? Post up some shots!

My hound with his pillows, (provided by my wife, who thinks this is her "baby.")

001-2.jpg

This is my dog Gehrig. He's only 8 years old but he's had a rough life with 2 shoulder surgeries and now a brain tumor that we had under control with medications for about a year. But it looks like he's reached the end of the line and tomorrow morning I think we'll be putting him to sleep. It breaks my heart and I'm crying as I write this. Say a prayer for him, will you? (Gehrig is the Golden on the right-On the left is my best friend's pug)

HPIM1601.jpg

A little better picture, in better times:

HPIM1707.jpg

Thats terrible Norm. I'm so sorry to hear that. I swore that after my cat Ralph died untimely in my arms that I would never have another pet. He was my best friend and it really devastated me when he passed.

Then, unannounced to me, my x-wife brings this tiny puppy to me to hold for only two weeks until she could get her apartment in order. That was three years ago! Now, three years later, Duke is my faithful buddy who will not leave my side for a second. Wherever I walk, he walks. Wherever I sit, he sits. When I go to sleep, he is right there with his head on the pillow the entire night until I wake.

I didn't want this again because I know that it's inevitable that I will be going through the same thing again. There is no way in hell that I could do what you have to do. Someone else would have to put Duke down without me present. I know exactly how you feel and I will still shed a tear when I think of Ralph and that fateful day. I'll say a prayer!

If it's any consolation, you can rest knowing that there will be no more suffering.

We've now got a kitten, but I still very much remember when we got home form our short break when we found our first cat dead on our terras...Even it was my daughter's pet and I was not too occupied with, it still broke my heart...They are part of your life! I'm glad you have the opportunity to say goodbye, but it may not make it less hartbreaking. Take care!

We had a Chinese Shar-Pei, Jazzy, that was a refugee of Hurricane Katrina. She passed away last July-it was a rough time for my wife and I-we loved that dog.

After Jazzy traveled the "rainbow bridge" we were left with a very quiet house, and it was driving me insane. I just couldn't stand it any longer, and went on a pooch search.

As of labor day weekend '09 the house is quiet no more!

Enter Wyatt (Yellow Lab), my new best bud! Named for Peter Fonda's Easy Rider character
He is a lawn sprinkler killing, wheel barrow attacking, frisbee lovin', hilarious goof of a boy.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Billy, DenArnold, and Dave. I stayed home today with my wife. We've had a few visitors who knew Gehrig well and that's helped a lot, as did your well wishes.

My condolences Norm. Friends of ours just went through the same situation with their chocolate Lab. Very sad...

Here are the our three "kids". Luciano, Oreo and Peanut.

Oreo was kind enough to bring me a nice present this morning. Ran right in the back door with a live bird in his mouth. Fun stuff...

LucianoandOreo.jpg

Peanut.jpg

This is our 5 year old Shiba Inu named Tokyo, most of the time I call her Fuzz. My daughter bugged and bugged to get a dog and we finally gave in, she's part of the family now.

Last edited:
Norm, I am sorry your dog passed away. I would never have guessed that I would get as close to my dog as I am. I have another friend that had a black lab that just passed away, her name was Jade, she was 10.5 years old. They really do become part of your family. I know Tokyo won't be here forever, but I sure enjoy her while she is here.

Back