first gen engine swap...pics inside

Ive pulled all the plugs, they are in excellent shape. I turned it over by hand and everything feel very good. The engine is in much better cosmetic shape than what I have already, so hopfully its just as beautiful mechanicly

Ive pulled all the plugs, they are in excellent shape. I turned it over by hand and everything feel very good. The engine is in much better cosmetic shape than what I have already, so hopfully its just as beautiful mechanicly

Thats always a relief hey! I hope things roll smoothly for you now and she's back in running shape soon. Keep those pics coming!

I can do that!

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

Last edited:
WhileI'm working on thebike,I have some LSL rearsets on the bike, and I dislike them a lot. Does anyone have oem rearsets linkage and and brake and shifter levers

I knew I saw this somewhere.

Devilsyam, who I'm getting a bunch of items from, had a set over on England. I find out a price if you are interested. He could include in the items coming to me and then I send to you?

Let me know....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

688 shipped to my door. 488 for the engine and 200 for shipping.

That's about what I paid for mine but yours has less mileage and doesn't have any road rash. I had to move some of my crankcase covers over from my old motor. The good news for me though is the new donor engine purrs like a kitten.
Good luck on the swap!

That's about what I paid for mine but yours has less mileage and doesn't have any road rash. I had to move some of my crankcase covers over from my old motor. The good news for me though is the new donor engine purrs like a kitten.
Good luck on the swap!

It has a tiny bit, that will polish out. But aside from that its cleam.

Updates!

After a delicious breakfast,and much needed coffee we decided it was time to get moving.

IMAG0594.jpg

removed from crate, and set on jack. The craftsman atv/motorcycle jack proves to be a blessing!

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

engine now installed. My brother from another mother, looks things over.

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

Header installed

IMAG0617.jpg

radiator installed

IMAG0619.jpg

Time for oil- I just put some regular valvoline motorcycle oil in to get it running. After a couple of miles and get it good and warm, I am going to change the oil and filter again.

photo.jpg

Now, heres what you are all waiting for...

VIDEO0019.mp4 video by lowxpectationz20 - Photobucket

Last edited:
The bike runs fantastic. Shifts 100% better than the old engine. It appears I may have a slight coolant seep. It seems to be seeping just ever so slightly right around the housing that you drain the coolant from. I checked the coolant drain plug, its tight. Theres also an allen head bolt that goes into the block that holds the hard coolant line . Its tight. It seems to be seeping around that general area. Does anyone have any insight?

The bike runs fantastic. Shifts 100% better than the old engine. It appears I may have a slight coolant seep. It seems to be seeping just ever so slightly right around the housing that you drain the coolant from. I checked the coolant drain plug, its tight. Theres also an allen head bolt that goes into the block that holds the hard coolant line . Its tight. It seems to be seeping around that general area. Does anyone have any insight?

Great job on the engine transplant. It's very satisfying when you're able to do something like that yourself.

Not a Gen I guy so can't offer much advice as to the coolant leak. Obvious things would be a bad o-ring or gasket. Are all hose clamps (if any) in the area tight. Doesn't hurt to go back and double check everything. Sometimes it's easy to overlook something simple when dealing with a complex and challenging job as this one.

Back