Finally have the FZ1!

Yesterday I finally rode my new-to-me 2010 maroon FZ1 back home from the dealership!
I am really looking forward to riding this season and learning more about my bike as I ride.
I traded in my 2002 6th gen. VFR800 and I will surely miss it, but i was all grins with the FZ1 :)

We will have to plan a meeting sometime and go for a ride.
I have a few buddies who like to ride including my brother who currently has a 2003 Hayabusa.

I think I made the right choice for what I was looking for. The bike does have a few nicks and scuffs, but nothing major. All in all I give it a 8.5 out of 10. Going from the VFR to the FZ1 is totally different, but thrilling at the same time.

I am looking forward to your comparison of the FZ1 and VFR. A fair amount of guys here have had both bikes as well. I'm currently on a 2002 VFR

I am looking forward to your comparison of the FZ1 and VFR. A fair amount of guys here have had both bikes as well. I'm currently on a 2002 VFR

Very much interested in that as well. When I bought my gen 1 FZ1, my short list had a 2001 VFR800 and the gen 1 FZ1. A friend of mine has a VFR and just loves it.

Honestly the best bike I've ever ridden especially for my size (6'4" 200). Keeps right up with RC51's (except in the twisties) and as comfy as a 89 Caprice. Absolute beast of a machine.

Here is a little review of my impressions after riding the FZ1 gen II for a couple hundred miles and how it compares to the 6th gen. VFR800. The FZ1 begs to be ridden fast and I am not as tired after a long ride. I love the power delivery, however the VFR had very usable power throughout. In that regard, the VFR is an easy bike to ride and is deceptively quick. I will say that the FZ1 is butter smooth save for a few handlebar vibrations at certain RPMs. The FZ1 is by far the best bike I've had and I am not knocking the VFR one bit. It has more power, a very lively and beast of an engine, and I am more comfortable. I also like the simplicity of the bike and yet it stands out among others. My conclusion is that I will always love the VFR for its looks, ergonomics, V4 engine, wind protection, technology ahead of its time and usable power. After riding the FZ1 though, I would choose this with the VFR being a close second.

Very nice summary; great to hear your thoughts and impressions! I'll be interested to see what you think after more time in the saddle. There's so much more power in that FZ1 motor; it's making the same power at 8000 RPM as the VFR does at peak.

Back