Dustin's Official 2014 Trip Report Thread

well, I've arrived. A bit of a shitty day getting here, the heavy, heavy winds continued and traffic in Austin was pretty terrible. No matter, I'm here now and I'm going to relax

well, I've arrived. A bit of a shitty day getting here, the heavy, heavy winds continued and traffic in Austin was pretty terrible. No matter, I'm here now and I'm going to relax

Whatca doin' for dinner?

Yeaj Austin traffic is so of the worst in the US

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks for following along! This part of Texas is very pretty and I'm excited to see downtown Austin for sure. West Texas is pretty much empty and it smells bad

Franklin BBQ

Last time I was in Austin I didn't have time to hit up the Franklin BBQ. Maybe if you have time you could swing by and give us a review! Please, review all! Brisket, Pulled pork, BBQ Chicken, Hot links! We will need pics too!

Last time I was in Austin I didn't have time to hit up the Franklin BBQ. Maybe if you have time you could swing by and give us a review! Please, review all! Brisket, Pulled pork, BBQ Chicken, Hot links! We will need pics too!

Haha, no BBQ sampling for me unless they serve pulled zucchini and tomato brisket

The last time I was in Austin I went to a cool blues bar (On Old Pecan Street) owned by a famous football star from Texas. I can't remember the name, but it was near the big Historic hotel The Driskol, and the food was great. The only time I've had good catfish.
I had my truck and trailer parked in front of the Driskol for about a day while they unloaded fancy furniture (with the Lone Star on it) for the newly renovated (at the time) Hotel. The Furniture was made in Kelowna, B.C.

Last edited:
Bats

Dustin, you should hit a blues bar on the strip even if you aren't that big a fan. Plus walk down by the river near dark to see the famous bats, just don't have your mouth open while looking up.

For whomever can make it downtown I was thinking of the following because I know they both have some vegetarian options....

Z'Tejas
1110 W. 6th Street

Austin, Texas 78703
Phone: (512) 478-5355
Z'Tejas

The Iron Cactus
606 Trinity St.
Austin, Tx 78701
Tel: (512) 472-9240
Downtown Austin Mexican Restuarant and Tequilia Bar | Iron Cactus Mexican Restaurants

Or if you are in the mood for slightly more upscale Mexican...

Fonda San Miguel
2330 W. North Loop
Austin, TX 78756
(512) 459-4121
Fonda San Miguel ~ Austin, Tx

My guy in Austin is Indian. So I can also ask him for a few suggestions. I am not against just having a salad. Seems like I eat a lot of salad these days.

Back