***Dustin's Official 2013 Trip Report Thread***

Just make sure you keep focus on riding and dangers (I'm sure you are). I'd imagine after so many days on the bike, it would be easy to become complacent with some aspects of riding. I know you want to get home now, but if you need to take time off from the bike, that's understandable too.

Stay safe. Best wishes for the rest of your trip!

I've gone just over 100 miles and am at a rest stop in Oregon. I got my wish for some rain and now I want it to stop. This is a hell of a storm right now.

I'm not going home today, that's for sure

Here's today's summary:

40F & 200 miles in rain so intense it hurt me through my suit. That's a new one for me. Aerostich suit soaked through, waterproof gloves soaked through. Bike felt funny, thought I had a rear puncture. Checked tire, down to 28 psi. No puncture anywhere but the valve stem cap was missing. Gave up at La Grande, Oregon and booked it to a hotel. The owner was there and was super nice, accommodating my early arrival & giving me a free upgrade with an in-suite Jacuzzi. She even loaned me an umbrella from her car so I could go out and find a store to buy some valve stem caps. The dollar store nearby had them! Score.

Glad to hear that you should be home by now. That will feel good to get a shower and relax on the couch for a while and take in all you've seen. Get those new tires on and plan the next trip.

Home now! Trip is done, finally. After I posted my last message, it started shitting down rain. Torrential rain all the way home. Got my tires, picked up some booze for my best buddy at the Duty Free and now I'm getting ready to launder things

Great trip! 10 days, 4000 miles and lots of things seen and done. I'll get some photos up of my PR3s in the PR3 thread so people have an idea of mileages and stuff. Looking at my brand new front, I realise now my front is actually more worn than I expected!

4000 miles is a lot of butt time. My '07 only had 1600 miles on it when I bought it in Oct 2010. I only get about 5000 a year. I'm just ready to turn over 14,000 miles.

Find a relaxing show on Netflix, pop a few brews and hold down the couch! Glad you are safely home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for following my ride reports. I enjoy sharing my adventures with you guys and I have this forum to thank for my inspiration in the first place

Stay tuned, I may have another few days planned with a certain Hondapotamus from down in California :) Next week

Nice to see you made it home safe Dustin, it was great to ride with you last week.

The western US is big country and you bit off a nice slice of it.

Rain? What the heck is that?

Back