***Dustin's Official 2013 Trip Report Thread***

Dustin

Update: YZFRiderNY has kindly renamed this thread at my request. It's now just one big thread for all my riding this year. Saves clutter :D

Decided to spend 3 days toodling around Oregon in celebration of Daylight Savings Time! I'm leaving this Sunday, the 10th of March.

Here is my route

I booked hotels in Long Beach, WA and Newport, OR. I'm looking forward to crossing the giant bridge that connects WA to OR at Astoria and also hit up mainland Oregon from the coast, somewhere I've never really done. The route I've taken looks fairly squiggly and there's a few gravel sections on the FSRs but I'm told Oregon roads are generally very lovely

Weather is looking reasonable. Hopefully the rain holds off. :)

Last edited:
You should stop by Tillamook, OR too. Great cheese! Have a good, safe trip. I'm a bit jealous. I was hoping for mid 50's today, but it's now only going to get mid 40's. I doubt I'll get out yet, but I will ride in March.

Oregon_Tillamook_Cheese_Fac.jpg

Hope it stays :shine: for you!

Have fun and stay safe. We'll be looking forward to pics, lots of pics!
And keep in mind that BOTM just started uploading ;)

Re: Spring Forward! Early March Oregon Run

Stopped for lunch a couple hours south of home. The forecast changed overnight from light rain mixed with sun to a full on storm. I'm thinking of bailing but I've booked my hotel already. I cancelled my hotel for tomorrow in Newport because there is no charge :)

For now, I've got a lovely coffee to keep me company

:surrender:

I'm home now where it's warm. I took the long, long way home through some previously unexplored backroads in WA and crossed the border an hour ago or so.

I'll have to try this route again in the spring. I was reminded today that it is indeed still winter :dontknow:

Sorry your ride had to get cancelled. I planned on riding on Friday. It was predicted to be in the 50's with sun, but was in the low 40's and cloudy and windy. I didn't even start. :( :dontknow::surrender:

I WILL ride in March, but it will be late March by the look of it. Glad you are safe, at least.

Well that just sucks Dustin.

I won't even tell you about our weather other than to say cleaning bugs is almost as bad as cleaning the chain.

I filled up a little mini spray bottle with half Plexus and half water, perfect for cleaning bugs off visors! A certain somebody gave me the bright idea of having a little spray bottle in my tank bag! :sport12:

Cleared WA and cleared Portland. 350 miles of slab down, another 250 or so to go. Hopefully my Super 8 has a hot tub :)

My Super 8 DOES have a hot tub. Woohoo! That was a long, boring day but two days of NorCal twisties await. I hope :)

Back