dropped my baby

RI_Grinch

Well..the inevitable happened today,I dropped my bike. I was just coming home from getting my D.O.T. Medical card for my job. I pulled into my driveway get all the way to the door and that's when it happened. My driveway is paved with of all things...Fooking Seashells!! The front tire slid to the side and over I went. I managed to gently set her down on the left side. It was minor damage to the bike. Small scratch on the frame sliders and I snapped my mirror clean off the bike. The more immediate damage was done to me. In the process of laying the bike down I strained my back. Of course with my adrenaline flowing and being quite pissed off that my bike just went down, I wrenched the bike up off the ground like I was He-Man!! Needless to say im in some major pain at the moment. Took a percocet and a hot shower and now I'm trying to relax.

Grinch that's horrible. The bike will be easily fixed. I once had mine on a rear stand as well as a front stand. I was changing my tires and was right about to finish the front. Now take note of this; never ever torque your front wheel while the bike is on stands. I began to torque the front axlenut and at around 75 ftlbs she fell over on her side. The annoying part I had yet to install the rear wheel so there she laid on her side until I could get the rear wheel in and stand her up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap! I hope you'll see a doctor or chiropractor about your back if it's not better by morning.
And I feel your pain (not physically).......but my bike just got tipped over in the garage. :cry:

I will have to be just about dying to go see a DR. I got a bottle of Percocets and a heating pad so I'm good. I'm pretty sure its just a strained muscle. As for the bike....I ordered some cheapo bar end mirrors just to get by. Hopefully I will like them otherwise I will end up buying something in the spring that I DO like. Oh and by the way...why the hell would a set of mirrors cost $109. I mean...do they steer the bike for me or help me achieve lift off?? Sure glad I found some that were $34 a pair.

I hate that instant reaction of picking the bike up in the worst possible way straight after an off. I hope you're ok and I know the bike will be good as new once you're all healed up

I hate that instant reaction of picking the bike up in the worst possible way straight after an off. I hope you're ok and I know the bike will be good as new once you're all healed up

Yea, it's a common reaction with all that adrenalin flowing through your body. The bike doesn't even feel that heavy...

RI_Grinch...hope you feel better soon. The bike can always get fixed.

So sorry to hear Grinch. Let's hope that it was "the one" and your now gonna be free sailing from here on end. I'm glad it was just a mirror and a scratch but too bad about the back. I feel your pain buddy as I have been battling a major case of Sciatica for over three weeks now. I went through my share of "percs" the past few weeks and also a shot of Cortisone and it's slowly getting better. Heal fast brother!!

I will have to be just about dying to go see a DR. I got a bottle of Percocets and a heating pad so I'm good. I'm pretty sure its just a strained muscle. As for the bike....I ordered some cheapo bar end mirrors just to get by. Hopefully I will like them otherwise I will end up buying something in the spring that I DO like. Oh and by the way...why the hell would a set of mirrors cost $109. I mean...do they steer the bike for me or help me achieve lift off?? Sure glad I found some that were $34 a pair.

It happens. FYI, the Emgo replacements are a perfect match are reasonably priced.

Ouch . . . .

Get Well quick Mr. Grinch !
Rest the back. Get recovered and when you feel better, the bike will be an easy fix. :noworries:
I dumped mine a couple of years ago. After a short recovery period the repairs to the motorcycle were actually not that bad. Looked pretty awful at first, not so bad after I had healed up abit . . . :cheers:

…and by the way...why the hell would a set of mirrors cost $109. I mean...do they steer the bike for me or help me achieve lift off?? Sure glad I found some that were $34 a pair.

If you are talking about rizoma mirrors, that is 109.00 each......

Sent via Nooked Android using Tapatalk

I've dropped every bike I ever owned. And each time it feels like the first time: I feel like a retarded turd. I've done the same: yank it right back up but been a little luckier with my back. It'll all get fixed, even your back, so don't be too hard on yourself. These bikes can take a beating and keep on ticking, just like an old Timex watch commercial.

I think all of us have dropped a bike at one point or the other......often coming to a stop is the most tricky with slippery, oily, trash laden surfaces under our feet. I tipped a bike over once when I went to put my foot down and my pants cuff momentarily hung up on the foot peg, and over it went. Since then I will not ride unless I have rubber soled m/c boots on with my pants leg tucked inside the boot. That was 14 years ago and since then no problems. Rest the back and fix the bike when it feels better.

Seashells??? I guess you are near the coast.

Instead of heat use ice for the first 48 hours and aspirin if you can stomach it; both of those will help with the inflammation. After 48, hit ice for 20 minutes, heat right after it for 20; alternate for an hour.

I hope you heal up quick.

Been down twice in two years... sand two years ago and a fuel spill last year. Thankfully you were not out on a back road at speed! Heal fast, ride safe! It happens...

I think all of us have dropped a bike at one point or the other......often coming to a stop is the most tricky with slippery, oily, trash laden surfaces under our feet. I tipped a bike over once when I went to put my foot down and my pants cuff momentarily hung up on the foot peg, and over it went. Since then I will not ride unless I have rubber soled m/c boots on with my pants leg tucked inside the boot. That was 14 years ago and since then no problems. Rest the back and fix the bike when it feels better.

Yea, I dropped my first bike coming to a stop. Went to put my foot down and there was sand (or dirt) on the ground that I didn't notice. My foot slipped and over she went. I wanted to cry...damage was hardly noticeable so I think my ego was the one hurt the worst.

Dropping the bike sucks! I did a slow speed drop last spring, I was in a hurry to get the bike turned around on the side of the hill that is our driveway and went just a little too far. Thankfully all I did was take a chunk of paint out of the case guard. Seeing that nick reminds me to take my time, bikes are heavier than I am strong.

Yep, that can happen. Unfortunately.

Methocarbamol works pretty good as a muscle relaxant if you can get it prescribed. Because minimizing the pain with Percocet just does that. Pain minimized, but...Your back muscles may be tight too.

Back