Definately harassment!!!

Well, he's pulled me over 4 times, and friends a couple of others, he definitely targets bikes. He uses the same excuse every time. I've noticed now he follows me a lot because the last time I took his name and badge number. Bikes may be high percentage bets for them, but harassment is harassment. Not only are you effecting my commute time to work, but every time I have to pull off the freeway it's a safety hazard. Flat tires, debris, cars driven by drunks, anything can happen. Last time he pulled me over a semi passed me in a 55 mph construction zone doing a minimum of 70. He BLEW by me. And this guy still pulled me over. It's becoming a major issue, and I'm keeping track of car numbers so I can report him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missy - you should file a formal complaint of harassment against this guy. It probably won't go anywhere but it's something that another member posted "Finding stolen bikes looks good on their resume". Well if this guy is a glory hound - a formal complaint will not look good.

The crazy 'date' talk aside, this is a serious issue. If you believe you are being singled out for harassment because of your sex, or for other reasons, you should file a formal complaint against this guy. If he is harassing you and other people, why continue to ignore it? They are there to 'protect and serve' and not to harass your legal passage on public roads. These harassments often can continue and escalate. Act now, it's not a joke.

Last edited:
The crazy 'date' talk aside, this is a serious issue. If you believe you are being singled out for harassment because of your sex, or for other reasons, you should file a formal complaint against this guy. If he is harassing you he is probably harassing other people, why continue to ignore it. These harassments often can continue and escalate. Act now, it's not a joke.

yes, and through the complaint filing process, you could get to know him and then maybe finally go out on that date! <---------- :Liar: :th_dftt[1]:

I have been riding in Texas for 21 years an only been pulled over once and got a ticket. So Texas is not problem. Just one a-hole cop with a chip on his shoulder.

The crazy 'date' talk aside, this is a serious issue. If you believe you are being singled out for harassment because of your sex, or for other reasons, you should file a formal complaint against this guy. If he is harassing you and other people, why continue to ignore it? They are there to 'protect and serve' and not to harass your legal passage on public roads. These harassments often can continue and escalate. Act now, it's not a joke.

Good advice, and you should keep a log of all your interactions with officer friendly.........but

This is not a perfect world and the justice system is nowhere near perfect.
Things could escalate if you do file a complaint. Fighting the police can be an ugly situation. My parents lived next door to a couple that actually moved to a different state after having a similar situation with local police. They endured over 2 years of being followed, pulled over for ANY possible reason and threatened. The wife and cop had an accident and the jury found the cop at fault. No injury's or massive law suit just a simple accident ruined there lives !
I also have a friend that made the mistake of dating a cops ex girlfriend.
His life was a living hell for a while and at one point he ended up in the basement of the police station getting his butt kicked by 4 cops.
He sought legal council and could not even find a lawyer interested in helping him. The legal advice he received ???? They all told him to move on forget about it and find a new girlfriend !
I would hate to see a situation that seems very annoying escalate into a nightmare for you !
Think long and hard before you take action. If you truly feel threatened, unsafe or the harassment is just too much do what you must.
I would suggest getting a lawyer to help you file a complaint. That will send a clear message that your serious, have legal council and will be prepared to fight further harassment. That may make the difference between stopping the harassment or just having the problem escalate.

Abuse of power sucks !!! Both of the examples of harassment I mentioned to good upper middle class decent people. Just want you to understand it can happen to anyone. You don't need to be a toothless crackhead to find yourself on the wrong end of police harassment.

Have to mention I think the vast majority of police are doing a great job in one of the toughest jobs in the world ! A few bad apples can cast them in a bad light. They do tend to protect each other and stick together. I cant blame them for that considering what they endure.

Good luck Missy and I hope the situation works out for you.
Lets all pray he gets a shit change and you never see him again !

I completely agree, it's a tough job and a majority do a great job, but unfortunately the job attracts bad apples, certain personalities that don't get weeded out in the hiring process.
When I got out of the military as an MP I made the decision to not be a cop. No one is ever happy to see you, most situations you deal with are dangerous or tragic, and the only people you get along with well socially are other cops.
So while I can appreciate them tremendously, it would seem I have caught the attention of a bad one. :(

Do you have a Gopro?
i would set it up and record the conversations. Let some friends take a look at it. Lots of times people can look into things (having a second set of eyes) and give u a new perspective. That could help u to discover a new approach.
May help u get some fresh ideas on how to handle it however i would stand by my joking. this could turn into a long, drawn out process and i think that u will have to add resolve to this process. if you arebso angry that the situation can become overwhelming.
Be smart, be careful and be ready for anything.
i just cant get it out of my mind that if this cop is a glory hound, a formal complaint may just be enough to motivatebhimbto look for glory elsewhere.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hey I take offense to that I can fluff my beautiful golden locks as well but I still would get the ticket,i guess looking like Dee Snider doesnt help!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I think youvare incorrect there Amevl. If I was a cop i would let Dee Snyder go everytime. He has a radio show called House of Hair that plays that great Heavy Metal - Poofy Hair music. lol Say what u want about the music, Dee Snyder runs a damn good radio show.
Maybe u could use that to your advantage Amevl. Take off your helmet and try to convince the cops YOU ARE Dee Snyder!!! hahaha!!!

Oh trust me, I know. I plan on going back home (Washington State) eventually, just not in a good spot to do it right now.
I lived in WA for 33 years. Got pulled over ONCE. Been in Texas 4 years, been pulled over 8 times. No tickets, just pull overs. That's messed up!!!

I would report him. I do understand that there are people out there that are driving illegally, but he must recognize either your bike or your plate number at the very least. That is definitely harassment. I've been pretty lucky here in NH. Never been pulled over either in a cage or on the bike since I was 18. Not that I haven't given them some really good reasons. Hopefully he's done harassing you....although following you is yet another form of harassment. :shaking head::shaking head::shaking head:

What is the stretch of Hiway Missy?
I will be in the Metro-plex in the next couple of months. My best friend lives in Rockwall and I come up from the south. We can run a little test. I have a 2004 Skunk and I will drive through the road that you keep getting pulled over to see if this guy bites.
What hiway and what time frame does this happen?

Last edited:
Do you have a Gopro?
i would set it up and record the conversations. Let some friends take a look at it. Lots of times people can look into things (having a second set of eyes) and give u a new perspective. That could help u to discover a new approach.
M

Be very careful about that. Even though the police are allowed to record their encounters with the public, in many places it is illegal to record the police without them knowing about it.

Illegal to do that in many states. Check and KNOW the law in your state before recording the police.

Many states are adding laws recently, making it illegal to record video and or sound of Police on duty.

Be very careful about that. Even though the police are allowed to record their encounters with the public, in many places it is illegal to record the police without them knowing about it.

I'm not saying that you should turn the camera around on the cop. What I'm suggesting is that if you happen to have one of those small cameras (with sound) attached to your bike and you are riding along video taping your ride......There is NOTHING illegal about that. In fact, you would not be video taping the cop. You would just receive the audio.
Now I'm very curious if you can video tape a policeman in Texas. Especially since they video us EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY PULL US OVER!!!!! (yes - this bothers me)
Anyway - just a suggestion.

It's on I30 west going through Rockwall, and it's usually between 1:45 am and 2:15 am. (on my way to work)
I wish I knew his whole shift so we could bait him!

I'm not saying that you should turn the camera around on the cop. What I'm suggesting is that if you happen to have one of those small cameras (with sound) attached to your bike and you are riding along video taping your ride......There is NOTHING illegal about that. In fact, you would not be video taping the cop. You would just receive the audio.
Now I'm very curious if you can video tape a policeman in Texas. Especially since they video us EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY PULL US OVER!!!!! (yes - this bothers me)
Anyway - just a suggestion.

I have no idea about Texas law. Many states require BOTH people to consent to audio and or video recording does not matter if its a policeman or private citizen. Audio recording laws have been on the books in most states for years. The video laws are usually more recent.
Laws concerning video and or Audio taping of police seem to be a newer trend.

Some states are also twisting and perverting the law by using old wiretapping and eavesdropping laws to convict people for recording police. Laws never intended for that purpose but poorly written, never updated and now abused.

Check the law first.............then double check !

http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100603/0859019675.shtml

Last edited:
Disclaimer #1: I've been a cop for 26 years...not in Texas. Can't speak to the video taping laws there, do the research first. (Oregon's are interesting, fwiw). I can say at that time of day, we "drunk hunt". Avidly. Frequently. And often, bikes are kind of a "gimmie" target because of the high number of unlicensed/uninsured operators, so that even if the operator isn't intoxicated, there is often "reward" for the stop.

Disclaimer #2: That said, traffic enforcement is my least favorite aspect of the job, although there are guys that live for it.

I would love to see the results of the "trolling" experiment...

As a final note, maybe not a formal complaint, but a comment to the guy's shift supervisor might be in order. 4 times? Even I can remember when I've stopped the same guy 3 times, and I currently patrol a town of 5100.

It's on I30 west going through Rockwall, and it's usually between 1:45 am and 2:15 am. (on my way to work)
I wish I knew his whole shift so we could bait him!

OK girl - I'm in.
It may be a couple of months before I get up there but I work nights so driving around at that hour is no problem.
Do you remember the policeman's name?
Hey - I have a toll question for you. I'm going to send you a PM

Last edited:
Disclaimer #1: I've been a cop for 26 years...not in Texas. Can't speak to the video taping laws there, do the research first. (Oregon's are interesting, fwiw). I can say at that time of day, we "drunk hunt". Avidly. Frequently. And often, bikes are kind of a "gimmie" target because of the high number of unlicensed/uninsured operators, so that even if the operator isn't intoxicated, there is often "reward" for the stop.

Disclaimer #2: That said, traffic enforcement is my least favorite aspect of the job, although there are guys that live for it.

I would love to see the results of the "trolling" experiment...

As a final note, maybe not a formal complaint, but a comment to the guy's shift supervisor might be in order. 4 times? Even I can remember when I've stopped the same guy 3 times, and I currently patrol a town of 5100.

I can 100% agree with this.
I am the night manager of a pharmacy that delivers medications to treatment centers and retirement homes. Each driver has at least 10 stops on his route and we deliver at night. They routinely get pulled over and asked why they are driving around at "this late of an hour". Although some of the policemen are more clever and say "I saw you swerving so I thought I would check on you". LOL That line was used on me when a driver called in sick and I had to take a route. LOL I said "Really? I thought you were wondering what I was doing driving through your town at 3am" I said it with a smile and luckily he was easy going about it because I was NOT swerving. I have also received numerous phone calls from policemen who call the pharmacy to verify that this person is actually employed with my pharmacy and is carrying around bag fulls of drugs legally. :D
I don't think anyone who works nights (or early mornings) would disagree that we are targets. I try to get to know the police so they will recognize me. However, Missy is in a tough spot. The MetroPlex is HUGE and it would be tough to get to know the police.
I

Back