Definately harassment!!!

spoke to him like I was John Wayne. I asked him what the problem was because I though you could drive as fast as you wanted on "that there Autobahn". He just told me off and informed me I was in England not Germany and if he caught me a gain he was going to book me. : oops:

LMAO! That's great!

If I get pulled over and not get a ticket....whew.
I have done enough things that I should have gotten a ticket for....

When I lived in England, we used to drive really fast on the motorway (like 120 mph). Once I got pulled over and gave the bobby my yankee license (I had an English license) and spoke to him like I was John Wayne. I asked him what the problem was because I though you could drive as fast as you wanted on "that there Autobahn". He just told me off and informed me I was in England not Germany and if he caught me a gain he was going to book me. : oops:

Please tell me you referred to him as "pilgrim"

The way I see it, these random 'license checks' are great ways of keeping unlicensed people and bike thieves off the roads. This is a good thing for the proper riders out there as it helps maintain a good public image to the masses.

I don't know about down there, but up here there's a huge percentage of riders who are unlicensed and just cause chaos in the public eye. Our police do random license checks these days and I think it's making a positive impact.

I actually recently witnessed an unlicensed rider on a dual sport crash in smooth and smash the barrier. He blamed the 'cagers' but I saw the incident and it was clearly his fault and completely avoidable. The worst part was he had his teenage daughter on the back with yoga pants, a sweatshirt and a helmet that was too big for her. She was in rough shape and I tended to them until someone came by and drove them to the hospital.

If guys like him are less inclined to get on their bikes, good.

Then there's the bike thieves...

15 minutes of my time is worth it I think

Well then your more willing to give up your privacy and rights then I am. There is also a ton of unlicensed car drivers, maybe we should start pulling everyone over, just in case somethings wrong. Imposing ones authority and will over law abiding citizens runs over my rights to NOT be harassed. Unfortunately many people get sold on the way our government or our officials sell these little things that take little bites of our rights away.
To be honest, being a law abiding citizen and frequently working with police officers, I don't like a lot of them. For every one good compassionate cop there are 5 other bad, over egotistical, non compassionate, willing to bend the rules to suit them cops.
That's my rant. I think I'm done now. :)

Well then your more willing to give up your privacy and rights then I am. There is also a ton of unlicensed car drivers, maybe we should start pulling everyone over, just in case somethings wrong. Imposing ones authority and will over law abiding citizens runs over my rights to NOT be harassed. Unfortunately many people get sold on the way our government or our officials sell these little things that take little bites of our rights away.
To be honest, being a law abiding citizen and frequently working with police officers, I don't like a lot of them. For every one good compassionate cop there are 5 other bad, over egotistical, non compassionate, willing to bend the rules to suit them cops.

RAGE ON MISSY :cheers:

Amen sister!
I think it's spelled herassed...jk
I also love how when they're pulled over all it takes is a slip of their badge out of their wallet and all is well, um huh?

I feel your pain Missy!!!
I got pulled over last night because "I was acting suspicious". NO SHIT!!!!
Luckily I just turned 40 and after everything life has dumped on me - jail doesn't scare me. LOL Neither did the 20 yr old kid that pulled me over. All these things combined gave me a little too much courage. My buddy (who was in the car) was starting to get a little too loud and I was afraid that it was going to go real bad.
I ended up playing the mediator role and getting off with a "Have a good evening" speech. IDK what's up with cops these days but I think they have been watching Dirty Harry movies.

Just to let you know, Missy you have some rage issues you need to deal with. Here in California it is not uncommon for the local police to set up "check points" to catch drivers with expired driver’s license, revoked drivers license, expired registration, no insurance, & warrants. Now all you do gooders can go out and claim “invasion of privacy” and “stereotyping” but I think check points are a good idea. I am damn tired of paying high registration fees and high insurance costs because some yahoo has decided not to pay his/her registration, parking/traffic tickets, is uninsured, with an expired drivers license. We all pay for these deficits and will continue to pay as long as they are on the road. So BooHoo on you Missy if you life was interrupted for a few minutes to check your vitals. Get over it a move on. There is no room in motorcycling for crybabies. :stirpot:

I personally believe that most cops do what they do because they truly want to help make their community a better place. They are public servants. It is a thankless low paying job that we still need done. Just like any job you get a few that should not be there but 5 bad cops to every good one? I don't buy that at all.

Everyone I know that hates cops has had a lifetime of putting themselves in situations and associating with people that bring attention to the cops. I have been pulled over plenty of times. Every time I deserved it. Many times let go with just a warning (warning even when doing 85 in a 35.) If 5 out of 6 cops were so bad certainly I would have had a bad experience with one by now.

One last thing, if you truly believe you were being harassed why not file a complaint with the department against the officer? That is one of your rights.

Just to let you know, Missy you have some rage issues you need to deal with. Here in California it is not uncommon for the local police to set up "check points" to catch drivers with expired driver’s license, revoked drivers license, expired registration, no insurance, & warrants. Now all you do gooders can go out and claim “invasion of privacy” and “stereotyping” but I think check points are a good idea. I am damn tired of paying high registration fees and high insurance costs because some yahoo has decided not to pay his/her registration, parking/traffic tickets, is uninsured, with an expired drivers license. We all pay for these deficits and will continue to pay as long as they are on the road. So BooHoo on you Missy if you life was interrupted for a few minutes to check your vitals. Get over it a move on. There is no room in motorcycling for crybabies. :stirpot:

You will pay for those increases based on whatever reasons the insurance companies come up with today. I know because I have worked for them. The sole purpose of insurance companies is to make money. Period! So basically what I'm saying is set up all the check points that you wish. I guarantee you that you that the prices you are paying will never go down.

I am not too bent and twisted about being pulled over for a BS reason but I can see Missy's point. The main thing is to have your stuff in order (insurance, registration, license up to date, etc). Most cops will relax a little when they see you are legit.

Ok guys, if it isn't harassment then why did I get pulled over AGAIN this morning by the EXACT same cop? I pulled my helmet off and he said "oh, I've pulled you over before" and I said yes, yes you have. So what's wrong now?" and he said "well your reflectors on your license frame were so bright I had a hard time reading your plate" to which I said " well good, that means I'm very visible from behind right?" he smiled and said have a good day and walked away. The reflectors he is referring to are the standard ones that come with the bike to hold your plate on. Seriously????

Oh and Dustin..I WAS a cop at one time. And I am a law abiding citizen, who thinks that these guys are just a little out of control these days. So bite me. :)

Ok guys, if it isn't harassment then why did I get pulled over AGAIN this morning by the EXACT same cop? I pulled my helmet off and he said "oh, I've pulled you over before" and I said yes, yes you have. So what's wrong now?" and he said "well your reflectors on your license frame were so bright I had a hard time reading your plate" to which I said " well good, that means I'm very visible from behind right?" he smiled and said have a good day and walked away. The reflectors he is referring to are the standard ones that come with the bike to hold your plate on. Seriously????

Maybe he has the hots for you? ;)

Last edited:
While I'm with ya there Missy, it is harassment I think it's jut plain bs how you gals can take off your helmet fluff your hair and not get a ticket, plain bs I say! I guarantee you 9 times out of 10 a guy is under that helmet he gets a ticket! :)
Hey I take offense to that I can fluff my beautiful golden locks as well but I still would get the ticket,i guess looking like Dee Snider doesnt help!!

You may be on to something here fast. Maybe we should let cops randomly enter any house they like just to have a look around. Maybe we should allow government and power to shake you down at will. We don't need privacy and freedom here. In countries that don't allow these freedoms also pick up your insurance bills. Care to live there for awhile and gives us a report.

Back