Cost of boots

Both of you are right.
Talking about the price of new boots being outrageous - it kills me to see someone take an old pair of boots and call them "Vintage", then put a 1K price tag on them. Now that is crazy!!!

I agree --- dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I wonder if he will actually sell them?

Are you talking about the lace up or the work boot?

The pull on pair.

I worked for Standard Oil out of Galveston in the sixties they were isssued to all American off shore Oil Workers and to my knowledge still are. They had steel capped toes and were pullon so that could be kicked off if you had to jump off the rig, they were my earliest bike boots.

If you look at the bottom of the boots you can still see the Dieseline stains from the rig floor (any engine that ran on an oil rig was Diesel.)

Last edited:
The pull on pair.

I worked for Standard Oil out of Galveston in the sixties they were isssued to all American off shore Oil Workers and to my knowledge still are. They had steel capped toes and were pullon so that could be kicked off if you had to jump off the rig, they were my earliest bike boots.

If you look at the bottom of the boots you can still see the Dieseline stains from the rig floor (any engine that ran on an oil rig was Diesel.)

I'm surprised the rig workers aren't wearing something with softer soles plus boots are hot.

I'm surprised the rig workers aren't wearing something with softer soles plus boots are hot.

CJ you obviously have never worked with Texan Oilmen, a) Safety not comfort WAS important then, b) Try getting a Texan out of boots.

I went to a meeting of the board of Standard Oil to discuss some diving contracts and I was the only one not wearing $2000 Cowboy Boots with Saville Row Suits.

CJ you obviously have never worked with Texan Oilmen, a) Safety not comfort WAS important then, b) Try getting a Texan out of boots.

I went to a meeting of the board of Standard Oil to discuss some diving contracts and I was the only one not wearing $2000 Cowboy Boots with Saville Row Suits.

You got that right. I know that boots and a truck are important if you're a real man. :)

you must be in another league to me I stick to touring boots not race ones at the moment I have a pair of sidi rain £150 and tcx explorer since I do not scrape my pegs why buy race boots rain protection is my no1 protection along with warmth.

These are what I wear.

2111085.jpg

Back