Caught!!

Thanks Kid, I actually still haven't received any word on my court date. I spoke to one of the Park Officers at a car show where I was ticketed and she said that it would probably be up to a year and a half before I even see anything in regards to court. Until then I am playing it cool. I can't afford to go into court with another ticket......Well, maybe I "get on it" just a little bit every now and then.:sinister:

I'm not sure, but I did a little reading up on the subject since that was my scenario as well. It seems that this StalkerII gun that they have does in fact register your speed even if the two vehicles are heading towards each other. I have spoken to at least three different people on this matter and they all said the same thing. There is no way that they are going to bang me out on the max points or penalty. They have all been through this in the same area, at the same jurisdiction. They (the town) doesn't want to hammer me, they just want to generate revenue. One rider I spoke to had an 80 in a 40 and they wound up pleaing it down to a parking ticket with 100 dollar fine and no points on his license. I'm hoping to at least walk away with maybe 150 dollar fine and no more than 2 points. CanonFuji has also gone through this before and it too was knocked down to a menial fine. We'll see. Thanks for all the insight Stoggy. It looks as though you've got their whole system down. You should definitely think about an E-Book or something. I'm sure that would be a big seller. Thanks for all the pointers. I will take that all into consideration. It looks like it may be a long while before I even get called. It seems that any "not guilty" pleas from the Parks Police take up to 1 year to go to court. It may be the end of next Summer before I see a judge. Until then I will continue to read up on the tactics that they use. Thanks again.

Sept 08 got banged on the staten island expressway 73 in a 50 went to court thinking the same plead guilty with an explanation hopefully it would be lowered.... NOT, judge apologized and said there's nothing that she can do about it.. 23 over the limit is 6 points and the full fine + $300 for a driver assesment that can be paid in full now or in 3 yrs, by paying this driver assesment fee it will reduce 3 points.. I was like Holy s**t,, plse. use some grease next time..
Like you said they're looking for revenue.. so good luck with the reduction..
and it's kinda hard to believe that the guy that got caught 80 in a 40 got it reduced to a parking ticket,, over here it would of been a public hanging

BTW - I like where you have the cam mounted it's a good angle,,was that up in bear mtn.
prior to my accident I was going to experiment and use the suction mount on the swingarm on my R1 but facing forward wanted to show how the front wheel levitates in 1st and 2nd just by WOT

Sept 08 got banged on the staten island expressway 73 in a 50 went to court thinking the same plead guilty with an explanation hopefully it would be lowered.... NOT, judge apologized and said there's nothing that she can do about it.. 23 over the limit is 6 points and the full fine + $300 for a driver assesment that can be paid in full now or in 3 yrs, by paying this driver assesment fee it will reduce 3 points.. I was like Holy s**t,, plse. use some grease next time..
Like you said they're looking for revenue.. so good luck with the reduction..
and it's kinda hard to believe that the guy that got caught 80 in a 40 got it reduced to a parking ticket,, over here it would of been a public hanging

BTW - I like where you have the cam mounted it's a good angle,,was that up in bear mtn.
prior to my accident I was going to experiment and use the suction mount on the swingarm on my R1 but facing forward wanted to show how the front wheel levitates in 1st and 2nd just by WOT

Sorry to hear that Leo. That plain sucks man! The only thing that I have going for me is that Stony Point is a small municipality and that it was the Park's Dept that issued the ticket. I haven't heard anything from the town yet as to when the hearing will be. I have since spoken to several other people who have had tickets issued up there. Most of them wound up with little or no points at all. They did have a fine however. I figure that I still have a few months to go. I just hope they don't summon me when I'm ready to head down to Deals Gap. Then I would have to postpone and delay the inevitable even longer.

Sorry to hear that Leo. That plain sucks man! The only thing that I have going for me is that Stony Point is a small municipality and that it was the Park's Dept that issued the ticket. I haven't heard anything from the town yet as to when the hearing will be. I have since spoken to several other people who have had tickets issued up there. Most of them wound up with little or no points at all. They did have a fine however. I figure that I still have a few months to go. I just hope they don't summon me when I'm ready to head down to Deals Gap. Then I would have to postpone and delay the inevitable even longer.

most likely that will be the time when they get a date for you,, don't forget they're here for our inconvenience.....
yeah was really hoping that they would reduce the points couldn't really care less about the fine.. it's the damn points that bite ya, and affects everything else

Bummer, man! Why do they always have to ruin a good day?
I guess I can thank my lucky stars till now. Since I bought the FZ1 I haven't had a speeding ticket on it yet...knocking on wood now!!!
But I have in my car...wtf?
I'm not clear on why you have to go to court. How fast were you going?
Good luck!

On a recent ride (about 80 miles) I saw 8 separate cops, some were handing out the candy some had their bag still full of candy. The speed limit is what it is. In these challenging economic times it seems to me that my city is very aggressive on getting revenue one way or another, luckily I have been unscathed thus far and its not always from being innocent :) Nice video, maybe you can hire Perry Mason or Matlock.

Bummer, man! Why do they always have to ruin a good day?
I guess I can thank my lucky stars till now. Since I bought the FZ1 I haven't had a speeding ticket on it yet...knocking on wood now!!!
But I have in my car...wtf?
I'm not clear on why you have to go to court. How fast were you going?
Good luck!

In NY if you plead "not guilty" you must appear in front of a judge. While I may have been a couple miles an hour over the posted 40, I was no way running 75mph down the narrow twisty road where I was, which is what the officer, who was moving in the opposite lane from me has stated.

Not rub it in or anything but you need a radar detector. My radar detector has paid for itself MANY times over...and here are a few stories to prove it.

The first one was last Wednesday...we had a glorious day here in the great NorthWet so i went for a 3 pass blast or quickie 250. So...I'm on my way back on slab...specifically I90 westbound over Snoqualmie Pass. I'm rolling along at my normal 10-15 over and I see a lifted black truck catching up quickly...I move over a lane to let him be my rabbit. As we come around a bend my radar detector goes ape shit ( I run a passport X50 on a bar mounted RAM mount w/a radar screamer). I slow down to 65 as posted and watch as Mr. lifted truck continues to pull away. Mr. Trooper is parked on the right side as he just added to his quota and here comes 1 more. As I pass Mr. Trooper he pulls behind me for a second and then blows by me with the xmas tree lit up as he chases down Mr. lifted truck. I pass with a huge grin on my face and get back up to 80 after the next corner. Again the radar detector has paid for itself again.

2 years ago on my annual ride down to Laguna Seca it's the last day coming into Monterey. Everyone is following me thanks to my electronic counter measures and I round a bend to see something you don't see everyday. Before I even get around the bend the passport goes ape shit so i slow down a tad to the limit. Once I get around I see Mr. CHP nailing me with a handheld on thew overpass. I pass him with my caravan and on the right there are 4, yes 4 bikes pulled over by CHP motorcops ragging them all. That was the first of 3 more overpasses on Hwy 1 coming into Monterey that the CHP was nailing people and guess what...on teh third one as I'm pinned at the speed limit with a caravan of bikes behind me I could see that the cop on the overpass was pissed because he knew I had a radar detector. I fumbled to hit the mute as I passed so he heard it ;) Again...the radar detector paid for itself.

I can post up my setup if anyone cares...it is hands down the most reliable anti ticket system out there and I ride like a bat out of hell. I almost didn't install the radar detector soon enough and all my buddies were giving me shit for it.

P.S. Sorry for the ticket btw...

Last edited:
Billy, there's a guy in NY from the FZ6 site who had this to say last fall regarding his ticket. I thought this might help. Hope it isn't too late for your appearance!

So guys here's an update on my ticket:

I decided to use the services of upstate NY attorney - John Lindsey. Needless to say I was a little skeptical at first. For all I knew about John was that he was offering services over the internet and he wanted me to pay in advance. I noticed his site offered secured methods of payment (paypal and google checkout) so I thought I'd give him a shot hoping for the best and expecting the worst. I'm more than glad to say that John's services were worth every penny and I would recommend him to anyone who got a hairy ticket in upstate NY and needs some help.

My original ticket was a $685 fine and 6 points on my record.

This got reduced to 2 options (I had to choose either one of them)

(1) pay a $110 moving violation ticket and 2 points on my record that are NOT going to be transfered to my MA record (i.e. they would not affect my insurance rates)

(2) pay a $230 parking ticket with 0 points on my record

I decided to pay the extra $120 and preserve my record clean.

All in all I'm very happy with the outcome. I also didn't have to show up in court which was a god-sent since the court was 200 miles in EACH direction and I had to take a day off from work, pay for gas, drive for 3-4 hours and all that jazz.

So all in all I'm very happy and I would gladly recommend John's services to anyone.

Just to clarify - I am in no way associated with this guy lol - I don't want you guys to think I'm just advertising my uncle in here I decided to write this little review since when I was looking for an attorney online I got a bunch of names and never found any reviews to put my mind at ease that I wasn't getting scammed. So I thought I'd post this over here and let you know that the guy is legit if you happen to need any help in NY

Cheers everyone!

I got snagged today for hitting it off a light just through 1st. What happeed was the cop was 2 cars behind me but somehow still saw me. I didnt break the 50 mph speed limit but i picked up the front for a lil while and thats what he said he pulledme over for. Now he ended up giving me a ticket for going 50 in a 50 zone but in california theres a law called the california basic speed law. This law means you may never drive faster than is safe for current conditions. and he put down the safe speed as 35. Now he wrote on the ticket "Unsafe speed (rapid acceleration to P.F. speed forcing front wheel off ground)." pf is the speed limit. He said that he couldve done excabition of speed and power which im sure he couldve, but my step mom is a laywer :) so what do you think? is it worth fighting or did i get off easy?

I got snagged today for hitting it off a light just through 1st. What happeed was the cop was 2 cars behind me but somehow still saw me. I didnt break the 50 mph speed limit but i picked up the front for a lil while and thats what he said he pulledme over for. Now he ended up giving me a ticket for going 50 in a 50 zone but in california theres a law called the california basic speed law. This law means you may never drive faster than is safe for current conditions. and he put down the safe speed as 35. Now he wrote on the ticket "Unsafe speed (rapid acceleration to P.F. speed forcing front wheel off ground)." pf is the speed limit. He said that he couldve done excabition of speed and power which im sure he couldve, but my step mom is a laywer :) so what do you think? is it worth fighting or did i get off easy?

A 50 in a 50? I don't get it! What does it matter how fast you get to the speed limit as long as you don't exceed it? When I enter a highway, I'm up to the speed limit as soon as I hit the onramp. This way I can safely mesh with the oncoming traffic. I bet had you not lifted the wheel he may not have bothered you. It seems to really annoy the cops when both wheels aren't on the ground at the same time. I would let your Mom decide what happens now. I'm not really up on all the laws in CA. I wish you the best in beating it if you choose to go that route. Let us know what happens.

The state governments are hurting for money since sales taxes are down, so I think the cops are being extra aggressive on handing out tickets. When I am driving I see many more cops than I usually see. I bet anytime your front wheel comes up and a cop sees that, they are going to write you up for something.

The state governments are hurting for money since sales taxes are down, so I think the cops are being extra aggressive on handing out tickets. When I am driving I see many more cops than I usually see. I bet anytime your front wheel comes up and a cop sees that, they are going to write you up for something.

Here they put in blanket law that covers all the fun things you can do on a motorcycle, leaving much to the discretion of the officer, called "Stunting". This makes leaving rubber behind, Wheelies, even two bikes launching fast away from a light together (even if they don't actually exceed the limit) a ticketable offence. British Columbia, to the west has the same law. So be warned if you come exploring this way. Oh and even owning a radar detector is illegal (never mind using one) in many provinces here.:(

A 50 in a 50? I don't get it! What does it matter how fast you get to the speed limit as long as you don't exceed it? When I enter a highway, I'm up to the speed limit as soon as I hit the onramp. This way I can safely mesh with the oncoming traffic. I bet had you not lifted the wheel he may not have bothered you. It seems to really annoy the cops when both wheels aren't on the ground at the same time. I would let your Mom decide what happens now. I'm not really up on all the laws in CA. I wish you the best in beating it if you choose to go that route. Let us know what happens.

Oh it matters how fast you get to speed limit, I did that once, ok maybe twice in my 87 Grand National, 0 to 45 really quickly, they banged me for reckless driving, and court fee's, Oh that hurt. that was in Mass by the way.

Here they put in blanket law that covers all the fun things you can do on a motorcycle, leaving much to the discretion of the officer, called "Stunting". This makes leaving rubber behind, Wheelies, even two bikes launching fast away from a light together (even if they don't actually exceed the limit) a ticketable offence. British Columbia, to the west has the same law. So be warned if you come exploring this way. Oh and even owning a radar detector is illegal (never mind using one) in many provinces here.:(
It is illegal to own a radar detector in some provinces in Canada? Wow! I don't own one, at least not yet, but have considered it many times. I wonder what a Canadian cop would do to an American that had a radar detector if they were pulled over.

It is illegal to own a radar detector in some provinces in Canada? Wow! I don't own one, at least not yet, but have considered it many times. I wonder what a Canadian cop would do to an American that had a radar detector if they were pulled over.

It's weird, illegal to own or use but not to sell. In Alberta you can own one just not use it. Manitoba you can't own or use one, not sure about the rest of the provinces. Like anything it isn't an issue unless you get caught. I doubt the Canadian police would do anything but politely tell you that "Sir you can't use those here" speaking in a slow and condesending manner. In British Columbia there would probably be money involved. We like to call B.C. "Bring Cash". That being said it is my favorite place to ride. I never use detectors, IF I get caught speeding I'll take my lumps.

i got a ticket in my cage for "failure to use the right lanes" so driving in the left "passing" lane for an extended period of time. he gave me a ticket for that, and a warning for speeding 77 in a 65....i don't get why he just didn't warn me for both or cite me for both. i was going to pay the $110, but then i found out that it would be 2 points, so i called up the big guns and got it taken care of. usually my vet plates get me out of tickets, and i have a good chance because there are a ton of stateys that were marines, but not this time. 2 points and over a hundred bucks for driving in the left lane that everyone drives in anyway. what the hell is the world coming to?

Back