Caught!!

hey Billy... You using the GoPro Hero or Hero Wide? Is there a difference?

I've been tossing the idea around..... just gathering data right now...

I have the Hero Wide. If I had a choice, I would definitely change and go with the regular lens. The wide works great but if you want to do action videos with riders in front of you, no matter how close you are, they appear to be far away. Ray uses the regular GoPro and the videos are better for action stuff. I may sell my Hero Wide and pick up the regular.

I do hear that they have a new one coming out that even has a LCD screen to see what video your taking. That sounds good. It's 300 bucks though.

Great video Billy and some nice riding. Sorry about the results though. The FZ1 is a terrible temptress. It just changes speeds so damn fast!

I do hear that they have a new one coming out that even has a LCD screen to see what video your taking. That sounds good. It's 300 bucks though.

I bought (pre-ordered) that one Billy. :D It's 1080p and the LCD is a remote that you can mount to the handlebar or dash and look at no matter where the camera is mounted. The new one also does 720p at 60 FPS for SloMo action. You can not plug it into a Powerlet and not worry about batteries. It takes a 32 GB card and can do 8 hrs in 1080p on the one card. You can use a remote stereo (wireless) mic so you can talk to the camera while riding for commentary. And now with rechargable lithium-ion batteries and a battery warmer for extended cold weather shooting.

The only drawback is that it is a wide angle but I can deal with it. It was $299 with free shipping and a free 2 GB (30 minute @ 1080p) card.

HD

I bought (pre-ordered) that one Billy. :D It's 1080p and the LCD is a remote that you can mount to the handlebar or dash and look at no matter where the camera is mounted. The new one also does 720p at 60 FPS for SloMo action. You can not plug it into a Powerlet and not worry about batteries. It takes a 32 GB card and can do 8 hrs in 1080p on the one card. You can use a remote stereo (wireless) mic so you can talk to the camera while riding for commentary. And now with rechargable lithium-ion batteries and a battery warmer for extended cold weather shooting.

The only drawback is that it is a wide angle but I can deal with it. It was $299 with free shipping and a free 2 GB (30 minute @ 1080p) card.

I was just looking at their web site this morning. The HD(1080p) is a noticeable improvement in video quality and I will be getting one in the next couple of months . I might as well wait for our dollar to hit parity, and no rush since we have 4" of snow on the roads today.

I was looking at the new HD model... but... it seems to me... that most of us don't make the videos for ourselves... sure... we enjoy them... but we really make them to show off... which means YouTube... and will 1080 really make that big of a difference on youtube? I think as far as youTube quality is concerned... the regular GoPro would be fine... especially since you can pick them up for $130 on eBay these days...

HD 4 Me

I was looking at the new HD model... but... it seems to me... that most of us don't make the videos for ourselves... sure... we enjoy them... but we really make them to show off... which means YouTube... and will 1080 really make that big of a difference on youtube? I think as far as youTube quality is concerned... the regular GoPro would be fine... especially since you can pick them up for $130 on eBay these days...

I want the HD so I can watch, and show it off on my big screen.:nerd:

Valid point for most Aaron but I have a lot of other plans for this little gem. I intend to take it kayaking, even thinking of mounting it to the bottom of the kayak (tethered!) and paddling some lakes and rivers here (maybe the ultimate fish finder? :eek: ) Who knows what interesting things it might see on the bottom for me to retrieve.

I will use it for Holidays and family gatherings. One of the coolest thoughts that came to mind is to velcro it to my upcoming granddaughter when she takes those first few steps, captured to a DVD for her to see her very own POV movie when she does it... add to that, her first bike ride, first-time rider on her motorcycle (We're getting her a PW50 with training wheels) :D

I want to take it to events, snorkeling, snuba diving, and mountain biking. I can use it to record instruction video when I do work on the bike, woodworking, metal work, etc...

All of these things will add to my personal DVD collection. BTW, I only have about .5% of anything recorded out online. ;) However, I am sure that this camera will inspire me to put more online. It is too bad that Youtube dumbs down the video. I can likely find places to put the full experience online, or, if someone wants it, I can send them a copy.

I think I'm the exception to the rule. :Rockon:

Valid point for most Aaron but I have a lot of other plans for this little gem. I intend to take it kayaking, even thinking of mounting it to the bottom of the kayak (tethered!) and paddling some lakes and rivers here (maybe the ultimate fish finder? :eek: ) Who knows what interesting things it might see on the bottom for me to retrieve.

I will use it for Holidays and family gatherings. One of the coolest thoughts that came to mind is to velcro it to my upcoming granddaughter when she takes those first few steps, captured to a DVD for her to see her very own POV movie when she does it... add to that, her first bike ride, first-time rider on her motorcycle (We're getting her a PW50 with training wheels) :D

I want to take it to events, snorkeling, snuba diving, and mountain biking. I can use it to record instruction video when I do work on the bike, woodworking, metal work, etc...

All of these things will add to my personal DVD collection. BTW, I only have about .5% of anything recorded out online. ;) However, I am sure that this camera will inspire me to put more online. It is too bad that Youtube dumbs down the video. I can likely find places to put the full experience online, or, if someone wants it, I can send them a copy.

I think I'm the exception to the rule. :Rockon:

Thats what I've been thinking Eric. If I can get at least 1 or 150 for my Hero Wide, I'll be able to curb the cost of the new model. I didn't know about the wide angle on the new one though. They should make a model with a regular lens and the 1080HD. That would be a big hit. For me, I usually have the camera for chase videos and with the wide angle lens, you don't get the full effect of being behind another bike. I remember riding about two to three feet behind Ray one time up on the mountain. I thought I was getting awesome video but when I got home it appeared that I was about 10 to 15 feet behind him. It ruined the whole effect that I was looking for. I see the versatility of the new model but I would just be going to the same thing I have now.

Another problem is as mentioned before. YouTube screws up the video quality. When I download straight to Facebook, you gotta see the video quality and sound you get from them. It's excellent. The only problem is running a link to have others not on Facebook to see it. Also, Facebook takes a fraction of the time to upload and get the video posted than YouTube. You would think that being that video's are the main thing about YouTube, they would have everything in order.

I'm still deciding what I'll be doing in terms of the GoPro. I'm up in the air about the new one. Ray runs the regular and I really like the prospective that you get with that unit. I may just go that route, we'll have to see.

Ideally Billy? They should make a 1080p that does wide and switches to 4:3 Standard, then leave it to the consumer to pick the mode. :D I know what you're saying. Later I may get a 4:3 if they have that available then just mount two!

That pre-sale? Pashnit has sold 120% of their allotment! :eek: So, they are still taking orders but no idea on how long it will take to fill them going forward. I got in on the deal within the first 50% of the orders. :Rockon:

So, you'll be able to see what it looks like before you decide to buy one! It'll be a DAMNED cold ride, but I'll go out with it when it arrives in November!

Ideally Billy? They should make a 1080p that does wide and switches to 4:3 Standard, then leave it to the consumer to pick the mode. :D I know what you're saying. Later I may get a 4:3 if they have that available then just mount two!

That pre-sale? Pashnit has sold 120% of their allotment! :eek: So, they are still taking orders but no idea on how long it will take to fill them going forward. I got in on the deal within the first 50% of the orders. :Rockon:

So, you'll be able to see what it looks like before you decide to buy one! It'll be a DAMNED cold ride, but I'll go out with it when it arrives in November!

That would be nice! BUNDLE UP DUDE!!

I mean... I'd give you $1.00 for it... hell... I'd give you $20.00 for it....

Seriously though... I need to do some more research... but I may be tempted to pick up your used setup....

No problem, do your research. There's no rush. I need to do some research as well, but for right now, I gotta go cook some dinner for me and Richie. It's rice and beans and steak tonight! My favorite! I'll be back later.

I don't know if you care to fight it but... These are my FZ1 anti-ticket mods. They don't cost much and I have beat a ton of tickets. I started fighting my own tickets when I was in high school because I got assaulted by a cop w/ his night stick. NS too I was just sitting there reading a physics book. I pressed charges and after that every cop in Dallas seemed to be after me. I got a ton of evidence too all on court records for Judges, DAs, and cops.

I got 2 judges disbarred, 1 cop fired. 1 DA disbarred. and the saga continues...

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER allow a judge only trial. Go with a jury. Some counties will force you into a judge only trial. This is a crime, if you appeal the decision it will get thrown out, aka dismissed. pressing charges on the court is a whole different matter though and is extremely difficult and very time consuming.

go to court, normally you have to do this at least 2 weeks before the court date, and submit a motion of discovery it doesn't have to be all legal looking, just make sure you put the court case number and say on the motion You want to see any documents, papers, accounts, letters, photographs, objects or tangible things not privileged, which constitute or contain evidence material to any matter involved in the action and which are in the possession, custody or control of the State or any of its agencies;

chances are all the cop has, for evidence is the ticket where he supposedly wrote the number that showed up on his radar. They have to prove that number is actually what came up. NO ones word is unquestionable. Just because it says 70 on the ticket could mean it said 12 on the radar.

They need 2 witnesses or collaborating evidence to even have the trial.

Maybe the ticket is printer written though. Ask for any evidence the gun has been tested recently, for accuracy obviously. Ask how the number on the ticket gets to the printer, usually the cop has to type in the number, no more credible then if he wrote it, typo anyone?

The video you posted in this thread could be used against you, it doesn't show any speeds though. And to me you sure looked slow... It could be broken down and speed gathered from the fact that your bike passes a certain point and another point during so much time.

Laser doesn't work when the cop car is moving. I don't care what expert they call they are full of shit if they say otherwise. I am a pretty notable physicist.

They will probably try to submit the citation as evidence, this is a crime. It is illegal to use the fact that you have been charged with a crime as evidence against you. If all they have is the ticket you are done. Sometimes a dipshit judge will allow it anyways and usually these judges will try to try the case for the DA that or it will be a judge only trial and you will lose anyways. In which case appeal it.

If this ticket is important to keep off your record get a lawyer but it will be expensive. You can tell the court you want a court appointed attorney. They HAVE to provide you with one. If they don't they will probably force you into a judge only trial and you will lose, just appeal it. You will win that one.

The cops/DAs/Judges know these things, they also know how easy it is to get the evidence they need, but they always chose to lie, cheat, steal, commit fraud, prujure themselves, and to many other offences to list here. So they never figured out how to properly try a case. NS too. They can't win, they are too stupid/ignorant/arrogant to do it correctly.

Laser doesn't work when the cop car is moving. I don't care what expert they call they are full of shit if they say otherwise. I am a pretty notable physicist.

While your entire post has some interesting information, this tidbit makes me wonder.

How the hell did an LEO give me a ticket for doing 82 in a 55, using a laser, as we approached each other on a two lane highway, if lasers don't work when his car is moving?

While your entire post has some interesting information, this tidbit makes me wonder.

How the hell did an LEO give me a ticket for doing 82 in a 55, using a laser, as we approached each other on a two lane highway, if lasers don't work when his car is moving?

I'm not sure, but I did a little reading up on the subject since that was my scenario as well. It seems that this StalkerII gun that they have does in fact register your speed even if the two vehicles are heading towards each other. I have spoken to at least three different people on this matter and they all said the same thing. There is no way that they are going to bang me out on the max points or penalty. They have all been through this in the same area, at the same jurisdiction. They (the town) doesn't want to hammer me, they just want to generate revenue. One rider I spoke to had an 80 in a 40 and they wound up pleaing it down to a parking ticket with 100 dollar fine and no points on his license. I'm hoping to at least walk away with maybe 150 dollar fine and no more than 2 points. CanonFuji has also gone through this before and it too was knocked down to a menial fine. We'll see. Thanks for all the insight Stoggy. It looks as though you've got their whole system down. You should definitely think about an E-Book or something. I'm sure that would be a big seller. Thanks for all the pointers. I will take that all into consideration. It looks like it may be a long while before I even get called. It seems that any "not guilty" pleas from the Parks Police take up to 1 year to go to court. It may be the end of next Summer before I see a judge. Until then I will continue to read up on the tactics that they use. Thanks again.

I wish you the best getting the ticket dimished. I've only received about 6 tickets in 44 years of riding, fought two and won one because the officer failed to show up, which is the most common reason a tiket is dismissed. If you demand a jury hearing and lose, it can get really expensive as they can make you pay for the whole shootin match, at least where I live. Laws are different, not only in different states, but municipalities as well. There is one law that is uniform. "If you are willing to do the crime, you must be willing to do the time". Good luck Billy.

Back