Caught!!

So guys here's an update on my ticket:

I decided to use the services of upstate NY attorney - John Lindsey. Needless to say I was a little skeptical at first. For all I knew about John was that he was offering services over the internet and he wanted me to pay in advance. I noticed his site offered secured methods of payment (paypal and google checkout) so I thought I'd give him a shot hoping for the best and expecting the worst. I'm more than glad to say that John's services were worth every penny and I would recommend him to anyone who got a hairy ticket in upstate NY and needs some help.

My original ticket was a $685 fine and 6 points on my record.

This got reduced to 2 options (I had to choose either one of them)

(1) pay a $110 moving violation ticket and 2 points on my record that are NOT going to be transfered to my MA record (i.e. they would not affect my insurance rates)

(2) pay a $230 parking ticket with 0 points on my record

I decided to pay the extra $120 and preserve my record clean.

All in all I'm very happy with the outcome. I also didn't have to show up in court which was a god-sent since the court was 200 miles in EACH direction and I had to take a day off from work, pay for gas, drive for 3-4 hours and all that jazz.

So all in all I'm very happy and I would gladly recommend John's services to anyone.

Just to clarify - I am in no way associated with this guy lol - I don't want you guys to think I'm just advertising my uncle in here I decided to write this little review since when I was looking for an attorney online I got a bunch of names and never found any reviews to put my mind at ease that I wasn't getting scammed. So I thought I'd post this over here and let you know that the guy is legit if you happen to need any help in NY

Cheers everyone!

wot sucks (well not for you) is you get a choice over here we just get done good ole rip off

i got a ticket in my cage for "failure to use the right lanes" so driving in the left "passing" lane for an extended period of time. he gave me a ticket for that, and a warning for speeding 77 in a 65....i don't get why he just didn't warn me for both or cite me for both. i was going to pay the $110, but then i found out that it would be 2 points, so i called up the big guns and got it taken care of. usually my vet plates get me out of tickets, and i have a good chance because there are a ton of stateys that were marines, but not this time. 2 points and over a hundred bucks for driving in the left lane that everyone drives in anyway. what the hell is the world coming to?

I actually wish they would give more warnings to people who are traveling in the left lane for absolutly no reason. Not saying they should give tickets for it but at least let people know to use that lane to pass only. It drives me nuts when i'm traveling in that lane with a slow car in the way and will not move over, no common sense.

I've been talking with a friend that is a cop and he gave me a couple suggestions...

1. If you get a ticket and want to fight it and live in a busy area, you can demand your right for a speedy trial. Most courts can't accomodate and you will get the ticket wiped or reduced to court costs and zero points.

2. Just go in a couple weeks before your court date and plea it down to court costs and zero points. The state just wants their money and are happy w/ just court costs.

He works in Columbus, OH and says he gets tickets on his Fizzer and does this and it works every time (not because he's a cop - if that was the case he wouldn't get them at all)

Otherwise, be prepared to fight it or pay it. :fencers:

UPDATE: Received Today......

Well, if enough crap isn't happening in my life right now! I got home from work today, yes, I actually got a 5th day of work this week! (yeaaa!), to find this little notice in the mailbox. Over 2 years in the making....I thought they had forgotten about me. (Fat chance of that happening!) So in just over a month from now I have to appear in front of the Judge! Good grief!:cry: I'll be happy to get it over with to tell you the truth. From what I have heard from multiple people that have gone through this, they will most likely offer a deal for a "parking infraction", tag on a fine, and I'll be on my way without any damage to my license. :ugh: I'll let you guys know how it goes!

CourtHearing.jpg

Good luck buddy! Funny thing is that I was just thinking about this after I spoke to you last week.

Thanks "T", at this point I just want to be finished with it no matter the outcome. I'm just hoping for no points. If I get out of it with that I'll be happy. I'll let you know how it went. I hope your feeling better today.

I have a great idea Billy. You can meet Tony at his house and pick up the YZF, ride west to me. Then You and I can switch between Tony's YZF and my FZ and I'll show you guys some roads out this way and you and I will just keep switching.

I have a great idea Billy. You can meet Tony at his house and pick up the YZF, ride west to me. Then You and I can switch between Tony's YZF and my FZ and I'll show you guys some roads out this way and you and I will just keep switching.

I think at this point we can set something up in a week or so. At this point I still have the bike and will keep riding. Tony is sick right now so this weekend is out but it is warming up this coming week and at this point the weather looks good. Let me see what next weekend is like for Tony and maybe we can ride out to you. Sounds good to me! I love PA!

I think at this point we can set something up in a week or so. At this point I still have the bike and will keep riding. Tony is sick right now so this weekend is out but it is warming up this coming week and at this point the weather looks good. Let me see what next weekend is like for Tony and maybe we can ride out to you. Sounds good to me! I love PA!

dont get sucked in by JOTR he is just trying to get u alone in his "basement/chamber of horrors" If u are coming to Pa. I got some nice roads out my way as well and plenty of room for you to crash if it ever quits raining!!!

Dismissed!!!!!!!

I just got back from court today and for once in my life the cards fell in my favor! I got there at 11am for a 1:15pm court time because I have never gone through the procedure before. Unfortunately I had to wait in the car until 12:45pm anyway. I headed in to see Ray (CanonFuji) sitting in the courtroom already. The court officer told me that no one from the Park's Police were there yet so just to sit down and wait. So me and Ray sat there patiently while all others went up before the judge. 95% of all cases were plead to a lesser charge and from what I could see, all speeding tickets were reduced to a "non-moving" violation and $150 dollar fine, which would have been fine with me. When almost no one was left and it was about 2:30pm, I asked the officer about us. He had us go up front to hand in our paperwork and sit back down. Then I heard the judge say to someone, "Okay, let me make some people happy today". He proceeded to call us up, one at a time, to tell us that the officer in question didn't show up and didn't notify the court, so the ticket was dismissed! Yippeeee!!!! I got lucky this time and will never tempt fate again! Over two years of worrying about this day is OVER!! I can rest easy tonight knowing that my driving record is still spotless!!! I think I'll make a toast to me!! :cheers:

That is awesome. The next best thing from my experience is paying a lawyer a few bucks to take care of it without having to show up or take any driving class at all. The right lawyer knows how to get it dismissed too. As long as you aren't already a criminal!

That is awesome. The next best thing from my experience is paying a lawyer a few bucks to take care of it without having to show up or take any driving class at all. The right lawyer knows how to get it dismissed too. As long as you aren't already a criminal!

I saw that as well. I saw at least two lawyers go up before the judge with more than one case each and if I remember, at least one was dismissed and three others went reduced at $150 each. That seemed to be the theme of the day. I can honestly say that at least 90% or more were charged $150 for reduced fines with "no points". That's why I was no longer worried after seeing that. I would have happily paid $150 to keep my license spotless. I was estatic when I heard him clearly say that he was going to make some people happy and looked around to only see about 4 or 5 of us left! Yahoo! I'm still buzzing!!!:thewave:

Back