Caught!!

Okay here's the one you've been waiting for. Now with XP back in the machine, my editing software works like a charm! I hope you guys take note and don't follow in my footsteps! I'm still sick over it and probably will be until the court date passes. Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvCJbhXnes]YouTube - "Hassled By The Man"[/ame]

You crazy hoodlum; scaring all those squirrels and chipmunks!
I'm from back east and in my experience, motorcyclists don't get warnings. However, here in Washington State, I was recently stopped going over 90 mph, and was given a warning?! It's true. The policeman was a fellow motorcyclist.
Good luck on your court date. :tup:

Last edited:
I just don't see how he was able to snag both of you when Canonfuji dropped out of the picture about the time you noted the cop blazing by ya.....

sucks, and too bad you really couldn't of upped it up a notched and tried to flee from the scene (j/k).....did ya jump on your breaks after you saw him pass ya??

Adam

I just don't see how he was able to snag both of you when Canonfuji dropped out of the picture about the time you noted the cop blazing by ya.....

sucks, and too bad you really couldn't of upped it up a notched and tried to flee from the scene (j/k).....did ya jump on your breaks after you saw him pass ya??

Adam

Well, I had told Ray, that why didn't he just swing a u-turn when the cop came speeding past him and head out of there. As for me, believe me when I say that I wasn't even sure that it was a cop when we passed each other. My eyes were focused on the right hander coming up and didn't realize it until I got to the bottom and noticed that Ray had dropped off. Then I started putting two and two together and then he was in my mirrors. I wouldn't have tried running anyway since at the bottom of that circle is the police dept. headquarters so I'm sure that all he had to do was radio in and they would have been waiting for me at one of two exits at the bottom, making things much worse I might add. So I guess I'll take my lumps and hope for the best.

: oops:
So.........what did he clock you at?

He says 75 in a 40, but I will dispute that one. I'm not up on all the radar gun specs but I don't know how he clocked me at that speed when he was moving up the hill at probably 30 mph. I'm not sure how these new guns work but I am going to fight it anyway. I'm also going to look up the specs and capabilities of the gun in question to see if it works while in motion and how accurate the readings are when the officer is at speed.

just cleaned up my record this year, and now i'm back in the red. Thanks pal, welcome to my world LMAO It was worth the ticket seeing you sqirm. LMAO :deal:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did 156 on 65 this weekend to test the FZ1 top speed. After finishing my test I continued fluctuating from 80 to 120 for a while (about half hour)and after getting tire of so much speed I reduced to 65 and continued my long ride back home... as soon as I did that I passed three Washington state patrol cars...
I guess I am bless!
After hearing your story I am going back to my 55-65 usual speed range....
BTW, the 156 mph is a scary thing...

I did 156 on 65 this weekend to test the FZ1 top speed. After finishing my test I continued fluctuating from 80 to 120 for a while (about half hour)and after getting tire of so much speed I reduced to 65 and continued my long ride back home... as soon as I did that I passed three Washington state patrol cars...
I guess I am bless!
After hearing your story I am going back to my 55-65 usual speed range....
BTW, the 156 mph is a scary thing...

Instrument indicated? Speedo healer installed? Or GPS speed? ;)

He says 75 in a 40, but I will dispute that one. I'm not up on all the radar gun specs but I don't know how he clocked me at that speed when he was moving up the hill at probably 30 mph. I'm not sure how these new guns work but I am going to fight it anyway. I'm also going to look up the specs and capabilities of the gun in question to see if it works while in motion and how accurate the readings are when the officer is at speed.

Just get a lawyer. There is no judge that is going to sit there and listen to you question the reliability of a modern speed gun. Be it radar or laser. I do have reservations as to him having actually clocked you, but all he needs to show is the cruiser tape indicating that he did clock you and you are done, done, done.

You crazy hoodlum; scaring all those squirrels and chipmunks!
I'm from back east and in my experience, motorcyclists don't get warnings. However, here in Washington State, I was recently stopped going over 90 mph, and was given a warning?! It's true. The policeman was a fellow motorcyclist.
Good luck on your court date. :tup:

I'm in the east and every time I have been pulled over I have gotten only a warning. And it wasn't because they were trying to be nice. I could tell they were heavily pissed as they told me they couldn't give me a ticket because they couldn't clock me. One was even behind me for about a mile and a half trying to clock me until he pulled next to me so I could see him. Damn Ducati mirrors aren't worth a crap and I couldn't hear anything over the whistling in my helmet. That time I was doing 70 in a 45, and the other time I was doing about 110 indicated in a 55, although I was able to slow down to about 96 by the time I realized the State Trooper sitting in the median.

also got caught during my Dinant-France trip. 75km/h in a 50km/h zone (coming from some hillroads into a town). costing me 110euros which I was planning to spend on some new brake-clutch levers :( and I was not the only one. In my group of riders that day 4 others also recieved the speeding ticket...

Last edited:
Back