Cant afford Onlins or penske so my version

Hopefully i didnt just shoot myself in the foot. Purchased an 011 R6 shock off ebay. The Hi and Low speed adjustment screws are seperate entitys on this year model. The resulting casting changes to incorporate this change add abit of side to side width. Looks like the amount of overhang the hyd resivor does to one side is balanced out on the other side do to the area added behind the new low and high speed compression adjusting screws Has anyone tried this shock (011-012 R6)or am I about to become the sacrifical lamb?

It will work but you will need to buy more items and mod the bike some. There's an adapter to purchase and you will have to move the regulator rectifier to the other side of the bracket and cut that bracket up for air flow. Start with this post on the other site: FZ1OA Message Board - View Single Post - R1 rear shock installation and this is from the thread: R1 rear shock installation - FZ1OA Message Board This is a long read and you need to be a member to see the photos but if this is the route you're going, it's a great read. :D

which gen

I believe he was asking about 2011 r1 shock as it pertains to the gen 1. I think those posts are about mounting a r1 shock to a second gen. Could be wrong, just wanted to make sure we are talking about the same bike.

Shock arrived: Update.

E-Bay shock arrived. Sticker on it gives a 06-2006 build, sooo it appears to be off a 07 R6 (it is indeed a R6 unit). Shocks patina suggests it to be off a little used or much loved bike. Everything LOOKS the same as the newer R6 shocks used earlier in this mod thread. The top resivor/Hi-Low speed pot adjustment casting seems to be the only difference. This casting has two seperate pots next to one another instead of the newer shocks combining them into one local. Dosent appear to be a clearnace issue with the older shocks slightly larger resivor casting when eyeballing the problem. Any information contrary to my observations would be much welcomed. Hope to get her slammed home in the next few weeks.

SOS to any one who has done this mod

I could use some help from anyone who has done this R6 shock mod. My plan is to perform the RavenRider $15.00 front fork mod (over at fz10a). Post fork mod it appears RavenRider pulls the forks up in the trees a 1/4inch then raises the stock OEM FZ1 ride height 1inch via dogbone length. If I understand the R6 shock swap on this page (devils post) 130mm centers dog bones with the R6 shock puts the FZ1 at the stock OEM ride height. 126mm centers dog bones yields a 25mm (about 1 inch) raise over a stock FZ1 ride height. Can someone confirm if I have comprehended all this information correctly?!? Cheers.

The 126mm dog bones should only raise the rear at the axle 1/2", since 3/8th " at the bones equals 1" of change in height at the axle. 4mm is about 3/16". I believe that he raised the forks 3/8" or about 10mm. I did this and it turns much better.

The top resivor/Hi-Low speed pot adjustment casting seems to be the only difference. This casting has two seperate pots next to one another instead of the newer shocks combining them into one local.

From your above comment about two adjusters, it may be the wrong type shock. If it looks like this photo, it won't fit without cutting the frame. The blue adjuster is in the way.

Back