Bridgestone T30

I love trying new tires! You certainly have a lot of choice these days as well.

Because you mainly just commute, why not try the Shinko 009 Raven? They are well known as long lived touring/commuting tires and are also fairly inexpensive. I ran a set on my SV650 and had a positive experience.

Last edited:
These are the thickest MC tires i have ever seen it has thicker sidewalls than most pickup truck tires .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love trying new tires! You certainly have a lot of choice these days as well.

Because you mainly just commute, why not try the Shinko 009 Raven? They are well known as long lived touring/commuting tires and are also fairly inexpensive. I ran a set on my SV650 and had a positive experience.

Good idea. I think i remember when you first posted about that tire. I will def try them next time, so in about 8-10 months... ;-)

Recently replaced my BT023's with a pair of T30 Evo's. Completely transformed the bike's handling. Much more confidence in the corners. Very pleased with them indeed.:)

Looks like I might have picked up 10k from this most recent rear T30. My new tire is on the way, so I will post pics and exact mileage once I change it.

10,500 miles got me this on the last T30. Yeah I pushed it a bit further than I should have. I did order the new tire as soon as I noticed the center wear was bad, but i needed the bike for commuting this past week, so hence the big band of Metal.

20170203_181330.jpg20170203_181339.jpg20170203_181348.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing how the Shinko does. At the shop they no longer carry the T30, only the T30 EVO, and the guy said he had not heard the BT023 was back... so I wonder if that was only in Canada....

That is certainly maximum mileage!

I'm sure the 023 is back in production worldwide. Perhaps the shop just didn't receive the memo. Maybe you will hear more when you go in for a front tire in the future

That is certainly maximum mileage!

I'm sure the 023 is back in production worldwide. Perhaps the shop just didn't receive the memo. Maybe you will hear more when you go in for a front tire in the future

He was stating it had to do with the compound not being good enough anymore??? I am not sure that there are any sort of government regulations that would come into play or not. But he was pretty sure the T30 was not being made anymore, only the T30 EVO...

Regardless, When the time comes for a new front I will get a matching Shinko Raven.

My T30's are finally done at 11K klms. Surprisingly the front tyre is worn more than the rear, just off centre.
They were a great set of tyres and I had nothing but confidence when riding on them.
I'm currently trying to work out what I'll try next, it's a toss up between S21's and Rosso 3's.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I was thinking about buying the T30 EVO but I think I want to go back to a sport tyre. I don't do many klms these days so longevity is no longer an issue.

Ok I've ripped the wheels off and will be taking them to Bikebiz tomorrow morning.
I'm getting Pirelli Rosso 3's installed for $450 fitted.

Last edited:
I finally changed out my last T30 on the Front, so now i have the Shinko Ravens front and rear. I got 13,094 miles out of this last T30 front and I could of got more if I wanted to push it, but no need to do that.

What did you end up buying Ballmead ? I'm on the OE S20 front and S21 rear on the MT10. after 2500 km it doesn't look like there's a lot left in the centre, maybe 1500-2000km . I'm thinking about maybe using a T30 rear and a S21 front.

What did you end up buying Ballmead ? I'm on the OE S20 front and S21 rear on the MT10. after 2500 km it doesn't look like there's a lot left in the centre, maybe 1500-2000km . I'm thinking about maybe using a T30 rear and a S21 front.
I bought Pirelli Rosso III tyres. So far they have been great but I don't get out as much as I'd like these days, so I can't give you any longevity reports.
The S21 front with T30 rear should work great.
Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Just pulled the trigger on a T30 rear, I was thinking I maybe shouldn't mix a S21 front with a Metzeler rear, and why not try something different for a change

Sent from X-wing

oops Im after feedback good or bad about a set of tyres im thinking of for the fz1
i have a set of t30s on now that are almost done
the tyres im thinking of are METZELER SPORTEC M7rr
ive seen a good review on revzilla

Back