Brand new fz1s from dealer question

Hello everyone, my name is Amy and i recently purchased an fz1s.
My question is, can I assemble the bike from the dealership myself. Which means it would be brand new in a box and when it arrives I will assemble the bike myself, what I heard is that the assembling are the front tires, handle bars, battery oil etc. I have never done this and I am not a mechanic, I have a bike stand but thats all and some handy tools. Has anyone here ever assemble their own bike from dealership? Thanks alot

Why would you want to? The bike needs to be checked by Yamaha mechanics so you don't void your warranty or maybe something is dangerous that you don't pick up. I seriously doubt they would let you anyway.

Sent from my HTC_X9u using Tapatalk

Firstly welcome to the forum
As said above really, certainly here in the UK vehicles go through a pdi check (pre delivery inspection ) before leaving the showroom and doubt (as said) the wty would be honoured. Ive heard stories of wires not connected /bolts loose /missing . Not worth the hassle in my opinion. . May I ask your thinking behind this ?

Firstly welcome to the forum
As said above really, certainly here in the UK vehicles go through a pdi check (pre delivery inspection ) before leaving the showroom and doubt (as said) the wty would be honoured. Ive heard stories of wires not connected /bolts loose /missing . Not worth the hassle in my opinion. . May I ask your thinking behind this ?

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am actually in Australia(Sydney), the bike would be delivered from Western Australia(Perth), honestly my thinking behind this is that I like to open up the crate all new and untouched haha, and I am just curious about assembling as I have never ever done this.:)

I wanted to do the same thing when I bought my 84 RZ350 way back. Dealership told me that selling it that way could cost the dealer his Yamaha franchise, so unless things have changed since then, don't think that's going to happen. In my case, since I was a Yamaha trained mechanic from back when, the dealer (knew me pretty well from the parts I was buying from them - YZ490 and RD350) hired me for one day and I got to do it with my tools at the dealership. Its not that hard, but you need to know what you're doing.The Yamaha warranty depends on the bike being put together and serviced correctly when its new.

I had gotten my college degree and moved on at the time and was working as a petroleum engineer for a major oil company.

I wanted to do the same thing when I bought my 84 RZ350 way back. Dealership told me that selling it that way could cost the dealer his Yamaha franchise, so unless things have changed since then, don't think that's going to happen. In my case, since I was a Yamaha trained mechanic from back when, the dealer (knew me pretty well from the parts I was buying from them - YZ490 and RD350) hired me for one day and I got to do it with my tools at the dealership. Its not that hard, but you need to know what you're doing.The Yamaha warranty depends on the bike being put together and serviced correctly when its new.

I had gotten my college degree and moved on at the time and was working as a petroleum engineer for a major oil company.

Cool!, I've always wanted to try and assemble my new bike from the crate, it just feels good, but as mentioned, i dont have any experiences but I can definetly get it done.:)

Back