Brand new FZ1 owner with a question about the FZ1N

So last thursday I bout a 2006 FZ1.

The guy that I bought it from had laid it down and told me he wanted $500 for it. I was thinking it must have been really messed up. I was shocked when I saw that it only needs the left mirror, crankcase cover and gasket, shifter footpeg and the bracket it attaches to. The bike itself is fine apart from some cosmetic damage.

The engine starts and runs great.

Anyway, long story short I got the deal of a lifetime and now I want to completely restore and convert it to a FZ1N. I have found almost everything I need/want.

The only thing I can't find is the tail farings that don't have those passenger handle bars on each side.

Does anyone know where I can find it? I'm guessing there are probably some places in the UK that sell it as an OEM part but I can't find any.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Welcome. Sounds like maybe a steal for sure. I know people do what you describe to the tail, but it requires some searching. I kept the same tail on mine. ;)

Found this on the dutch Yamaha Website but expect the partnumbers to be the same.

It the complete rear section of a 2010 FZ1N. If you look on the partnumbers you should be able to find some websites that sell it.

Back