Bike for Wifey

He's a keeper Brenda! :tup:

As is Michelle!
Yeah, I've kept him around for 26 years now.....kinda used to him now! Seriously though, sharing each others hobbies makes for a better marriage IMO. Although he still needs to learn how to cross stitch! LMAO!

Last edited by a moderator:
As is Michelle!
Yeah, I've kept him around for 26 years now.....kinda used to him now! Seriously though, sharing each others hobbies makes for a better marriage IMO. Although he still needs to learn how to cross stitch! LMAO!

:tup: I guess I should admit that I have my own sewing machine and have made clothes for both her and I? (Ren Faire outfits)

Congrats on 26 years! :bowdown: We're a rare breed these days! Her and I have nearly 24 years together.

You are so right about sharing hobbies. That and being able to find laughter in EVERYTHING! :woot:

Right in between

:tup: I guess I should admit that I have my own sewing machine and have made clothes for both her and I? (Ren Faire outfits)

Congrats on 26 years! :bowdown: We're a rare breed these days! Her and I have nearly 24 years together.

You are so right about sharing hobbies. That and being able to find laughter in EVERYTHING! :woot:

Today is my wife and my 25th wedding anniversary. We have know each other for 30 years now. I have been looking for that card that I saw on SNL that said "Happy 25th, thanks for the 5 great years. :jk:

Today is my wife and my 25th wedding anniversary. We have know each other for 30 years now. I have been looking for that card that I saw on SNL that said "Happy 25th, thanks for the 5 great years. :jk:

Looks like we've :hi jack: a little here!

But Happy Anniversary to you & your wife Lee! and here's to another 25...:icon_beer: Cheers

Congrats on the quarter century! My wife and I are headed for 17 years on Sept 18th. Just happy at my age I can still get it up, (the front tire, that is)

PS
stay-on-topic.jpg

Last edited:
Lee, that's awesome! I'd say something to be tremendously proud of for all of the members who have kept it working for that long.

I also have to say Brenda's man is a keeper... and I hope my wife feels the same way about me!

For all you with extensive marriage experience participating in this discussion, I JUST HAD my 1ST anniversary on August 7th! I guess I'm like a marriage infant compared to some of you! :)

Don't be surprised if at some point I'm posting about Wifey making me crazy! :)

I don't feel hijacked in this thread, and we'll stay on the point, but it is in some way important to hear about managing our partners as well as our own perspectives while learning/teaching/fearing all we encounter together on this new journey.

The motorcycle journey!

As far as a bike pick, so far I haven't gotten her to butt-test anything else yet. I kind of feel similar to Billy and Haileyan's perpectives. On one hand, my wife will ultimately go in the direction she really wants to, and if that's getting her own and riding, I'd love it. On the other, I feel I'm pushing a bit as she really had no bike experience prior to us riding this past year and she knows what a tremendous part of my life motorcycles have been for the last 30 years.

The only point at which I would have to abort this whole thing is if she decided she wants a Harley.

Looks like we've :hi jack: a little here!

But Happy Anniversary to you & your wife Lee! and here's to another 25...:icon_beer: Cheers

:hi jack: AHARRRRGGG (said in my best pirate voice)

As far as a "bike for Wifey" She sat on my 86' FZ 600 once and commented, "it can't be that hard to ride" and that was the last time she showed any interest in that passion of mine. OH Well. I will never push anyone toward this sport. It is dangerous as we all know and if someone gets into it, it has to be completely their decision. I would support her decision, or my kids' if they were to show interest, but I am careful not to push.

stay-on-topic.jpg

Excellent!

Last edited:
Okay, here's the latest.

She's decided the battery box on the Rebel is too bulky and sticks out, so it's out.

Doesn't like the Suzuki GZ, so it's out.

Likes the Yamaha, Hates the handlebars.

LOVES the Kawasaki Eliminator 125. I can't imagine buying a 125cc street bike.

Likes the Suzuki Gladius 650, slightly worried it might be too much motor for her.

Hates the Kawasaki ER6n.

Hates the Ducati Hypermotard - just showed her one for reference! :)

Doesn't like the SV650.

I know, how could she like the Gladius but not the SV?

Now VERY interested in seeing the HYOSUNG GT250 comet. Not the GT250R, but the naked GT250. Can't find one anywhere...

Geeze, this has been rough.

You might expect this from me. Look at the Hyosung GT250. It is the naked version of the GT250R that I got my wife. They are incredibly light. You can also get these super cheap. It has the upright seating position I was trying to acheive through mods on my wife's GT250R.

i_GT250.jpg

Price is the main reason I went with it. If my wife decides she does not like riding I will get most of my money back. If she does like it we will trade it in for something better.

Well, this seems to be her current top choice on paper, but she can't find one to even look at.

B

She despises the bend on the Vstar 250 / Virago 250 bars. I told her I can change them easily, but the price of the bike combined with the desire to change the bars, as well as the very old design is just not putting her over the fence yet.

I think she would be into it if they had updated it, ever!

Okay all, I think she's going to go pick up a 2009 Hyosung GT250 Comet tomorrow!

Not the full on R, but the naked standard.

She's getting pretty excited.

Brian

Haileyan:

What color forks are on your wife's bike? Are they gold or Black? Also, are they the same forks on the GT250 naked or different?

Thanks!

Brian

Haileyan:

What color forks are on your wife's bike? Are they gold or Black? Also, are they the same forks on the GT250 naked or different?

Thanks!

Brian

Gold. I am pretyy sure the forks are identical. I will check the part numbers.

She will be very comfy on the GT250. Good riding position.

P.S. I still have the upper tripple steering head for a GT250 if you ever need it. And if she ever wants to go streetfighter I have the clip-ons. ;)

Last edited:
They are different part numbers and apparently 2009 & up forks on the GT250 are different than the previous years but I have no idea what the difference is.

There is a link to the parts catalogs and diagrams on the main page of Hyosungs web site:
Hyosung Motors USA

Okay, revised update. Had a deposit on the Comet but Wifey decided it was too far to travel to pick up her first bike - 350 miles round trip!

SOOOOO ...... Drumroll, please......

PURCHASED TODAY - 2005 NINJA 250!

6900 miles.

I had her look over and over at them in the showroom, then the Gladius again and the ER-6n from Kawasaki.

She wisely wanted to stay with displacement no higher than 250cc. I was fine with that, and after literally having me let her walk around the parking lot using the clutch while on the FZ1 by herself she decided the NINJA was for her.

Then I offered to just get her the 2010 Ninja 250 in Green with the special edition graphics, and SHE said "I don't think anyone's first bike should be new"..."No-one's first car should be new, either"!

Boy, she's great. So I got a clean used Ninjette that was priced right.

Let me just add this...

The other night I couldn't sleep, not really sure where she was going with this. When she decided to pass on the trip for the Hyosung, I had printed out the MSF manual from PennDot and handed it to her.

3 hours later, she said she wanted me to take her to the DMV to take her test to get a permit! She studied from the moment I gave her the booklet, walked in, passed perfectly, and now has an M permit!

That convinced me she was serious about riding, but just didn't want to travel sooo far.

I picked up the Ninja today. She rode for the first time in her life, today. Permit in hand on her new used bike, registered and insured.

She digs it! I'm blown away. I guess she was for real, and I'm glad she understood her first bike should not be $4K.

She has decided she likes the Ducati Monster and has determined cruisers are not what she's into. I think she's aspiring to a new Ninja 250, but she'll have to learn first.

Thanks all!

B

Back