Bike for Wifey

And are you still pretty nervous?

Can't wait to see it!! You'll post up pics soon, right?!?!

Well, watching her ride for the first time, feet on the pegs, working the clutch, I was happy.

Nervous too, but while watching I felt like I wanted to reach out while she was riding around the parking lot in full gear and do it for her. She's coming along fine, and she had a few moments of frustration simply due to the fact the new bike's carbs aren't perfect (when are CV carbs ever perfect?), but eventually she was doing it all.

Hasn't shifted a gear yet, but has learned the clutch is your world and how to STOP! Also, she's doing a great job keeping her head and eyes up and looking where she's going, not down at the bike or right in front of it.

In a nutshell, I'm worried, but I feel if she ran out there to get her permit and be legal 3 hours after I gave her the book, she must want it.

What a great moment to teach another rider (about the 10th in a lifetime so far) and see the pride when she realized she COULD do it, all by herself.

And I even told her she was right, the 250 was the right choice.

To say I'm not nervous would be a lie, but let's just say I'm coping!

Thanks for the interest in this!

Brian

Also, current Wifey top speed on her own bike all by herself in 1st gear...

I estimate 11 mph at about 4,000 rpms.

She thinks she's flying, and likes the "wind" from when she got moving! :)

Hysterical!

Here she is --> :sport12:

That's awesome. I really think she'll like the wee Ninja. LOL, my wife got a new '09 black Ninja 250 as her first bike this spring, but I was fine with that, and now I'm getting a used, Cobalt Blue '07 FZ1 (< 1800 miles), but again, I'm ok with that too.

Now you just need to post some pics of her new bike. Has she felt comfortable enough to go on a ride together? Have fun together. Congrats to her, and safe riding!

Oops, you posted 2 more times before I finished my thoughts... I guess those 11mph winds could be rough on the FZ. Try to keep up. She'll be in 6th gear before you know it.

Last edited:
That is awesome! She will not be disappointed with it. That was my top 2 when looking for one for my wife. At the time only the deal available made a difference to me.

Thanks guys! She's not quite ready for a ride on public roads yet. I'm going to break her in slowly.

Now it's just practice, practice, practice.

And I don't know if I could handle 11mph for more than a minute or 2. 21mph maybe, but not 11.

Pics coming soon.

Brian

Congrats Brian, or should I say Brian's wife. The Ninja is an excellent choice for a first ride. My son loved his even if it was for only 700 miles. The bike was awesome, an 07' with only 1300 miles on it. I actually made money when I sold it. Just keep it clean. The only thing I did to it was the SV650 Rear Shock Swap. That took a half hour and cost 50 bucks total. Let's see some pics of her in action!

:sinister: chalk up another one in our favor guys! Our numbers are growing every day!

Seriously though Brian.....glad she passed & is on her way! Will she be joining our little group here? The more the merrier.....

Thanks you guys! I took a pic of the bike and will post it and more tomorrow. I even took a few 30 second videos, and she's doing SO well.

I'm very proud of her.

I will post pics of the bike here, and start a new thread about Wifey's riding.

I have to thank everyone who's been travelling this odd road with me for the many perspectives on bikes and on dealing with someone so important to you riding along.

Back