Anyone ridden the new GSX-S1000/F?

kneesliders

Any taken one of these puppies for a thrash yet?

Look to be a more modern version of the FZ1. Similar power but with traction control, slipper clutch and ABS.

I got to sit on one at the Indy MotoGP. It's a bit tighter ergo than the FZ1 Gen II for my 5'10" frame. Handle bars sweep back a bit more. They didn't have a demo bike to try but I did demo the GSX-R 1000.

Sweet, I'd be very interested to hear what you think of it.

EDIT: I've just been watching Youtube videos of the GSX-S1000F and it sounds perfect for me.
It's basically a comfortable Sportsbike made for a 40 something mainly solo rider.
It's supposed to be a better bike than the naked model as it's more planted at high speeds and handles a bit better too.
Most reviewers prefer it over the naked version.
I loved my old K6 Gixxer thou, I think this could be my next bike.
Now all I need to do is convince the missus and find the money ;)

Last edited:
Just back from taking the GSX-S1000 naked out for a spin...I can confirm the bike is bloody awesome!!!

I had a 2008 FZ1S for 4 years which I heavily modded and in 2013 traded it in for a white 2012 FZ1S as at the time there was nothing that did the job as well as the FZ1. Since then I have ridden a few bikes, including the EBR 1190SX. Nothing really excited me and I always ended up sticking with my FZ1. However, if I decide to change in the next few months then I will be grabbing one of these puppies.

Pros:
Near identical seating and peg position to the FZ1, so very comfy for me. I'm 5'9" and 180lbs.
Engine has plenty of torque, somewhere between the EBR and the Fazer.
Acceleration from a standing start is very quick. Not seen the figures but wouldn't surprise me if it's sub 3 secs to 62mph/100kmph.
Exhaust note sounds like an aftermarket pipe, love it.
Slipper clutch, traction control and ABS, although I didn't test any of those out on the demo.
Good mirrors, probably going to need them.
Cheap...in Oz it's $15995 ride away, almost $10k cheaper than a Tuono.

Cons
Twitchy throttle at town speeds, although I got used to it after a couple of minutes. At low speed it's like an on/off switch, similar to the old R1s. Not a problem at moderate to fast speeds. This did make the bike feel exciting to ride though.
Colours, not sure on the paint schemes. I prefer plain coloured bikes without the go faster graphics.
One of those bikes that will smash your licence.

Last edited:
Back