Anyone else had an awesome ride today?

From what I remember is the Perelli’s st performed well. Didn’t get good milage tho. It’s hard to beat 14k on a set of PR4s. On my 3rd set of those. Might get the R6s next, heard they last even longer.

You are getting 14k from a rear tire??? I'm happy (and lucky) if I get 5k!

You are getting 14k from a rear tire??? I'm happy (and lucky) if I get 5k!
One of life's many mysteries ..............why same model bike with different rider, on different roads, get different life spans. 14K is outrageous and outside the Bell curve. .

Was down in Rhode Island a couple days ago to visit the defunct Rocky Point Amusement Park and every road, and I mean every road in the State is under repair.... as I sat there in traffic I wondered why better, faster, cheaper road repair, road life and road quality aren't on the top of the World's research projects. Seems our only hope is the flying car/bike let me check Popular Mechanics and see when we can expect them.

One of life's many mysteries ..............why same model bike with different rider, on different roads, get different life spans. 14K is outrageous and outside the Bell curve. .

Was down in Rhode Island a couple days ago to visit the defunct Rocky Point Amusement Park and every road, and I mean every road in the State is under repair.... as I sat there in traffic I wondered why better, faster, cheaper road repair, road life and road quality aren't on the top of the World's research projects. Seems our only hope is the flying car/bike let me check Popular Mechanics and see when we can expect them.
Man, third set of PR4s….I am at 12k this set currently. To be clear though this set has been all hwy commuting. No idea how I get so many miles. I ride fast but not hard so that may be it.

My old riding buddy in Alabama - "Sammax" from FZ1OA (RIP) - always raved about his Pilot Roads. He would get 10 to 12K out of rear tires. I started running PRs as well, and I got 6K out of a rear once, but ran it to cords. I remember showing him where the throttle was, and telling him that the bike goes faster if you twist "this way"... He just grinned at me. We rode many miles and he was so smooth... I guess that was the key. I miss that guy!

My old riding buddy in Alabama - "Sammax" from FZ1OA (RIP) - always raved about his Pilot Roads. He would get 10 to 12K out of rear tires. I started running PRs as well, and I got 6K out of a rear once, but ran it to cords. I remember showing him where the throttle was, and telling him that the bike goes faster if you twist "this way"... He just grinned at me. We rode many miles and he was so smooth... I guess that was the key. I miss that guy!

I frequently tell myself before a ride "Stay smooth! Don't blast off! Save the heavy throttle for when you are +40mph!" Invariably, I fail... every time. About the only time where "failure" feels sooooo good! 😄

I too miss Sammax, sure hope his family is doing OK.

I frequently tell myself before a ride "Stay smooth! Don't blast off! Save the heavy throttle for when you are +40mph!" Invariably, I fail... every time. About the only time where "failure" feels sooooo good! 😄
Thats why my rear s22 is in need of replacing, and alot of freeway riding. I was shocked yesterday to see its near a wear bar. Almost 4k on it.

Another 80 mile commute today boys…thinkin about a ride up to Jackson MS soon to the legendary Country Squire. you pipe smokers will know what Im talking about.IMG_0617.jpeg

From what I remember is the Perelli’s st performed well. Didn’t get good milage tho. It’s hard to beat 14k on a set of PR4s. On my 3rd set of those. Might get the R6s next, heard they last even longer.
Jmoto , do you get good traction with the PR4s, and what brand name are these tires? I didn't write down my mileage for the gt's, don't think they lasted over 4k miles tho. I'm writing it down for these.

Thats why my rear s22 is in need of replacing, and alot of freeway riding. I was shocked yesterday to see its near a wear bar. Almost 4k on it.
🤣🤣🤣 I got the same disease Doc. I was just thinking yesterday while riding how fun it is to twist the throttle in any gear when at about 5k rpm

Well... it would be great to have riding buddies, but then again, solo is good. The Sunday ride was good, but I could make it longer and make the route down more interesting. Fortunately, I have a lot of good curves here that are a lot closer.
Curves, that's what I miss about my Ex and where I was living in Arizona. Man the smooth roads, the canyon and mountain roads. There was this mining town on top a mountain about 30 40 mins from where I was living in AZ called Gerome, I tried to get the courage to bike up the mountain. I just couldn't get past seeing nothing but air right at the outer edge of the road. A spill would mean certain death

Jmoto , do you get good traction with the PR4s, and what brand name are these tires? I didn't write down my mileage for the gt's, don't think they lasted over 4k miles tho. I'm writing it down for these.
Those are the Michelin Pilot Road 4s. They have been updated to the 6s. I just keep getting the 4s cause they are still available and cheaper. I ride very smooth and don’t hammer it much. I was a crazy rider for yrs and yrs and just enjoy being smooth. Dirt bikes scratch that itch.

I do get good tracking all around. Not a track rider. But they handle what Ive thrown.

Curves, that's what I miss about my Ex and where I was living in Arizona. Man the smooth roads, the canyon and mountain roads. There was this mining town on top a mountain about 30 40 mins from where I was living in AZ called Gerome, I tried to get the courage to bike up the mountain. I just couldn't get past seeing nothing but air right at the outer edge of the road. A spill would mean certain death
The PRs are dual compound. So the center strip is a hard rubber and is supposed to last. The sides are soft grippy made for twisties.

In my area, mountain roads have guard rails just about everywhere. One of my most "eye opening" experiences was taking a road trip with a buddy to the Rockies while we were in college. Being very sensitive to heights, I remember those drop-offs making me physically nauseous if I was not the one driving...

I was off for spring break all last week. Weather was cold, windy, and/or rainy every day (except those two where I was helping my youngest replace her car's radiator, thermostat, and cooling fan) until... yesterday! Made a day of riding after getting my morning chores done. Just over 150 miles of mountain and hill backroads in 60 degree sunshine was just what the doctor ordered!

I was off for spring break all last week. Weather was cold, windy, and/or rainy every day (except those two where I was helping my youngest replace her car's radiator, thermostat, and cooling fan) until... yesterday! Made a day of riding after getting my morning chores done. Just over 150 miles of mountain and hill backroads in 60 degree sunshine was just what the doctor ordered!
Glad you got the ride in! That sounds like our weather, but yesterday was our break in the clouds and cold as well. Went out to try some new roads in a different direction. Going to have to try that one again soon with some minor route tweaks!

In my area, mountain roads have guard rails just about everywhere. One of my most "eye opening" experiences was taking a road trip with a buddy to the Rockies while we were in college. Being very sensitive to heights, I remember those drop-offs making me physically nauseous if I was not the one driving...
There's a railing, maybe 2 foot high. I could just picture myself falling and going over the edge. Heck I was white knuckled driving my truck up there. I took this picture standing in a parking lot of A business in Gerome. The only thing keeping you from driving off are the 8" cement curbs. The two building are hotels you can rent. And at the very bottom oof the mountain across is a town. Your so high you can't make anything out

Attachments

• Resized_20200407_150127(1).jpeg
    Resized_20200407_150127(1).jpeg
    602.2 KB · Views: 5
That is a perfect day to remember for sure!

Those are the Michelin Pilot Road 4s. They have been updated to the 6s. I just keep getting the 4s cause they are still available and cheaper. I ride very smooth and don’t hammer it much. I was a crazy rider for yrs and yrs and just enjoy being smooth. Dirt bikes scratch that itch.

I do get good tracking all around. Not a track rider. But they handle what Ive thrown.
I need to find something to scratch my itch. Really though, if I go fast, it's usually in short burst on a back road with little traffic. Or if I race which doesn't happen very often as there's no one else to beat 😁👍

What a gorgeous awesome day. I guess it was around 70° when I left the house. That cool dry air felt so good. So good that I actually went the speed limit so the ride would last. Went by myself, just me and my faster blue fz1. You guys with the blue one know what I'm talking about.. why else would Yamaha name the color racing blue 😁😁😁. Anyway, I love this bike. I have a 46 tooth on the back, so when I twist that throttle in any gear between 4 and 6k rpm's , this bike pulls. And cruising between 4 and 6k with these aluminum handlebars just makes for such a comfortable ride. In that sweet spot is where the power is up and the vibes are down. Oh, let me tell yall about Yesterday's little faux pas. Riding the bike out my shop on to my limestone driveway, it's like something grabbed my handlebars and threw me off balance, went to put my right foot down, pants leg caught on the footpeg, yep, and down I went...again. Didn't do any real damage, just hurt my pride and foot with the bike laying on it. First time was gas station if yall remember. Sorry looks like I'm writing a book lol. Anyway, I hope you guys got to ride your FZ, THE best bike in the world 😁

Back