Anyone else had an awesome ride today?

Doogie2.0

This Scott Irish coonass had an awesome day riding in Louisiana today. This bike is a beast when the temp is at about 73° and 28 % humidity. Could feel my back tire break loose in second as I rolled on it hard, tire was cold tho. Gotta change it soon too. Getting the same tires Perrelli Angel GT, dual compound, these tires grip! I'll sacrifice some longevity for grip. Anybody else had a good ride today

Glad you got out. I had two short salty rides two weeks ago. Rained last night and washed some of the salt off, but it wasn't the gully washer they predicted. Two more days of highs in the mid 30s then up to 60 by the end of next week. The maple syrup folks are a month ahead of schedule. Buds on the trees.

I'm closing in on needing tires. Have a separate mounted set of T32s waiting to go on, those should get me to June.

The weather in my area has been decent during the week, but with sunset still fairly early, I don't have time to take advantage, other than my 1.4 commute to work and back. Weekend weather has not been conducive so I've been hunkered down for the most part...

Nice to hear some folks are getting out and about though!

As for tires, I have a Michelin Road 5 tire that is approaching 3,300 miles and still looks good! Had a CT2 previously that was ready for changin' at that same mileage...

All my rideable bikes are down. Spent the last 2 days getting my 90 fzr1k into a roller. A small garage reorganization and it'll be parked inside today. Its the next bike i'll get going. I'll ride the rgv moday if my insurance people get back to me, its been in the mid to high 70's or 80's all week. :) Ive always run bridgestones of various models, my rgv has to have a h rated tire so it stays warm.

Got out yesterday and today. Roads to south and west are salt free, Roads to north are still slathered. Never turned on the heated gear today. Spent 15 minutes pulling off the left inner fairing cover and securing the wiring beneath before venturing out. Solved 95% of my rattles. Good to get out although I've been butchering my lawn.

Glad you got out. I had two short salty rides two weeks ago. Rained last night and washed some of the salt off, but it wasn't the gully washer they predicted. Two more days of highs in the mid 30s then up to 60 by the end of next week. The maple syrup folks are a month ahead of schedule. Buds on the trees.

I'm closing in on needing tires. Have a sew parate mounted set of T32s waiting to go on, those should get me to June.
Well I hope you get a ride in. Yeah, my back tire needs to be changed. If I wouldn't ride so hard I'd probably have good tire left. Man I dread the summer coming. When it's any thing above 90 degrees in LA. I can't ride

This Scott Irish coonass had an awesome day riding in Louisiana today. This bike is a beast when the temp is at about 73° and 28 % humidity. Could feel my back tire break loose in second as I rolled on it hard, tire was cold tho. Gotta change it soon too. Getting the same tires Perrelli Angel GT, dual compound, these tires grip! I'll sacrifice some longevity for grip. Anybody else had a good ride today
Hello, my fellow coonass! I am in south Louisiana. Weather was perfect today I agree. Got 80miles in. Used to run those Angels. They are good.

9:15 and its 70 :)

Finally got my fz1 going so a town run is in order. Need a key made so i can get nasty 25? y/o fuel out of my 90 fzr1k tank.

Sunday was sunny and 70 here. Finally got out for a good ride. About 150 miles of the local curves. Had to take is easy though. The early year pothole work looks like a quart of tar and a ton of gravel. Regardless, a slower ride on the fiz is still just what the doctor ordered!

Been getting out for a few shorter rides lately. Lot's of rain with the warmer temps but I'll take it! Salt has long since been washed away but the random piles/scatterings of gravel will be around for awhile...

Felt cool getting going today with temp around 46. Heated gear was toasty. Warmed up to mid 50s after a few hours riding but the rain approaching from the south forced me home early.

Hello, my fellow coonass! I am in south Louisiana. Weather was perfect today I agree. Got 80miles in. Used to run those Angels. They are good.
Hey Jmoto, Sorry man I've been away from the forum for a little while. I've been lookin for someone to ride with. I have friends and family that ride, but it's to get them away from their house lol. I live in Iota, 817 South 1st street. If you don't want to show your address DM me.

I'm closing in on needing tires. Have a separate mounted set of T32s waiting to go on, those should get me to June.
Sorry to hear bout the weather , hope it's better !

Hey Jmoto, Sorry man I've been away from the forum for a little while. I've been lookin for someone to ride with. I have friends and family that ride, but it's to get them away from their house lol. I live in Iota, 817 South 1st street. If you don't want to show your address DM me.
All good,

I am in Slidell. Over north shore of the lake. Looks like about three hours from you. Just getting over too you would be a ride. Let me know if you are ever riding east and we can meet in the middle.

Back