Adelaide Dyno

The guy is down at Pt Elliott, about one hour out of town.

Went to him many moons ago about getting another bike done, very offhandish and appeared not to be interested, maybe a bad day but these first impressions last.

Anyone else closer to town that knows Yammies.

Yep, Neville is just outside Victa. Neville is the best and who most use I've had many recommend him to me and I have no problem recommending him to others. There are other tuners, but I have had mine done 3 times with Neville and once you get him talking face to face he's a good guy. Everytime I've ridden away very happy. If you want to call him, call in the arvo when he's not running the dyno, otherwise you may get a short conversation as he does his dyno runs in the morning and he'll be busy doing that. He's a busy guy and can be booked out weeks in advance which speaks for itself.

Just be careful riding home from Neville's. Don't let the inner Hooligan loose. I tend to take the road to Goolwa, then Bullcreek road and turn off to do a loop via Strath.

Could be the reason, as I went there one morning, as far as pics go, don't have any, come to think of it havent got a shot of my z either and I've had that for 30 years:D

He has guys from all over ship their bikes to him to get tuned. Last time I was there he had a bunch of bikes that had been shipped across from Victoria as well as a few from Mt Gambier.

Taking it to Neville is a good excuse to go for a ride. I drop my bike off first thin in the morning, catch a cab into town (if I didn't go with another rider to give me a lift) and spend the morning lazing about Victor. When he calls about lunch time, I head back, have a good ol chat with Neville & hit the fun roads home.

I think we need a family shot of the bikes.

Thats not too bad, and the added bonus as you mentioned was to "test" it out on the way home, strath, paris creek, bulls creek, kangarilla, clarendon, but watch out for the sneaky assholes and their camoflauged revenue raisers

Last edited:
This time of year you can hit Sth road to Yankallila then down to Delamere and take the range road through to Victor on the way there. That's what I did last time, a good 2 hour ride there leaving at 7 in the morning, then quiet morning in Victor and a nice twisty ride home.

From Strath I take the Maccelsfield road, then turn off at Mylor and come out through Belair.

He has guys from all over ship their bikes to him to get tuned. Last time I was there he had a bunch of bikes that had been shipped across from Victoria as well as a few from Mt Gambier.

Taking it to Neville is a good excuse to go for a ride. I drop my bike off first thin in the morning, catch a cab into town (if I didn't go with another rider to give me a lift) and spend the morning lazing about Victor. When he calls about lunch time, I head back, have a good ol chat with Neville & hit the fun roads home.

I think we need a family shot of the bikes.

Just an update, as I haven't posted for a while, bought a R77 system and went and spoke to Neville Lush re getting the bike tuned. I queried about getting a PC but he advised against it as he could use Woolich software to flash the ECU and dyno tune it. I went ahead with that, result, no overly impressed, there is no live engine data as I have since found out with the Woolich software suite so I am curious of how he managed to tune it for anything bar WOT.

End result, I have gained an extra 11hp from stock 126 to 137, mid range from 4 - 8 is great pulls really well, but unfortunately I have lost out in the bottom end, a lot worse than stock, was hoping for an improvement here but alas not to be, sluggish to 4K, have a flat spot just over 2K and still have the snatchy throttle, that happens randomly

Now I have to get a PC5 and see if I can get it tuned properly and get rid of the crap low range and snatch.

Last edited:
Just an update, as I haven't posted for a while, bought a R77 system and went and spoke to Neville Lush re getting the bike tuned. I queried about getting a PC but he advised against it as he could use Woolich software to flash the ECU and dyno tune it. I went ahead with that, result, no overly impressed, there is no live engine data as I have since found out with the Woolich software suite so I am curious of how he managed to tune it for anything bar WOT.

End result, I have gained an extra 11hp from stock 126 to 137, mid range from 4 - 8 is great pulls really well, but unfortunately I have lost out in the bottom end, a lot worse than stock, was hoping for an improvement here but alas not to be, sluggish to 4K, have a flat spot just over 2K and still have the snatchy throttle, that happens randomly

Now I have to get a PC5 and see if I can get it tuned properly and get rid of the crap low range and snatch.

All of this seems odd. Any pics of dyno graph with air fuel ratio?

He gave me one chart, and even that I had to ask for it and he was reluctant, the hp/knh with no rpm readings, no torque chart, gave a crock excuse that his rpm pickup wasn't working, again the issue is that there is no live engine data within the software, apparently they can get access to the IAP and TPS fuel maps within the ecu but as there is no engine data to show exactly where that fuel map is so it becomes guess work as appears in my case.

The Woolich software that he uses that is, apparently there is other software such as TuneBoy that can access the engine data, but it is all immaterial in my case now

The positives, disconnected the EXUP with no need for a plug, system doesn't pop and backfire and above 4 K is good,

The other niggling issues I get resolved when I get a PCV and get a retune/flash.

The guy has been around for a long time, ex racer and is a good tuner/engine builder, if the bikes live data is available or if it has carbs, it's just when he started having issues, he did call but not to discuss what other options to tune it properly were available like the PCV, only to say that he was having issues with the FZ file within the ecu(?) and was having problems getting it to run properly under 3K. He last comment was, its the best that he could get it which isn't good enough as is evident by the way it rides

Ah well live and learn.

Last edited:
He gave me one chart, and even that I had to ask for it and he was reluctant, the hp/knh with no rpm readings, no torque chart, gave a crock excuse that his rpm pickup wasn't working, again the issue is that there is no live engine data within the software, apparently they can get access to the IAP and TPS fuel maps within the ecu but as there is no engine data to show exactly where that fuel map is so it becomes guess work as appears in my case.

The Woolich software that he uses that is, apparently there is other software such as TuneBoy that can access the engine data, but it is all immaterial in my case now

The positives, disconnected the EXUP with no need for a plug, system doesn't pop and backfire and above 4 K is good,

The other niggling issues I get resolved when I get a PCV and get a retune/flash.

The guy has been around for a long time, ex racer and is a good tuner/engine builder, if the bikes live data is available or if it has carbs, it's just when he started having issues, he did call but not to discuss what other options to tune it properly were available like the PCV, only to say that he was having issues with the FZ file within the ecu(?) and was having problems getting it to run properly under 3K. He last comment was, its the best that he could get it which isn't good enough as is evident by the way it rides

Ah well live and learn.

Well to address one thing at a time, it's a bit odd that he couldn't give you a proper dyno graph with rpm/hp/tq and af ratio. I wonder if he actually tuned it or just threw a canned map into it.

As for the live data you're referring to, that's coming off the dyno software, does a pull, sees air fuel ratio, goes in and makes tweaks to the map, reflashes the changes in, rinse and repeat. A powercommander/bazzaz unit is much faster for fine tuning the fuel/timing but it can be done just as well in the flash software it just takes a lot longer to develop a proper smooth air fuel ratio for from base to redline.

the rpm pickup not working will keep you from getting a torque reading that is true, weird that it isn't working though, its easy to get a clip into the ignition wire on the fz1. and the air fuel ratio comes off his sniffer i'm assuming he had in the tailpipe while doing the dyno runs.

if he doesn't have a fuel map prebuilt for your bike mods, and has to build it from scratch, it's a bitch and takes a long time. better to do it on a PC5 instead.

you shouldn't need it, but it sounds like you will have to go that route to get it dialed in. you should have a basically flat 13.4:1 air fuel ratio across the board.

Well to address one thing at a time, it's a bit odd that he couldn't give you a proper dyno graph with rpm/hp/tq and af ratio. I wonder if he actually tuned it or just threw a canned map into it.

As for the live data you're referring to, that's coming off the dyno software, does a pull, sees air fuel ratio, goes in and makes tweaks to the map, reflashes the changes in, rinse and repeat. A powercommander/bazzaz unit is much faster for fine tuning the fuel/timing but it can be done just as well in the flash software it just takes a lot longer to develop a proper smooth air fuel ratio for from base to redline.

the rpm pickup not working will keep you from getting a torque reading that is true, weird that it isn't working though, its easy to get a clip into the ignition wire on the fz1. and the air fuel ratio comes off his sniffer i'm assuming he had in the tailpipe while doing the dyno runs.

if he doesn't have a fuel map prebuilt for your bike mods, and has to build it from scratch, it's a bitch and takes a long time. better to do it on a PC5 instead.

you shouldn't need it, but it sounds like you will have to go that route to get it dialed in. you should have a basically flat 13.4:1 air fuel ratio across the board.

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot to be desired, information wasn't really forthcoming and what was, was questionable, I did msg him feed back which was basically the issues that I mentioned here only to get no response, that in itself speaks volumes. All I can say with regards to this, is that I'm probably not the first and probably won't be the last either.

I have since spoken to a tuner that has flash tuned FZ's with good results without the need for a PC5 but unfortunately this guy is interstate and really not practicle to get my bike there so it will be the PC5 route.

Cheers for the info

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot to be desired, information wasn't really forthcoming and what was, was questionable, I did msg him feed back which was basically the issues that I mentioned here only to get no response, that in itself speaks volumes. All I can say with regards to this, is that I'm probably not the first and probably won't be the last either.

I have since spoken to a tuner that has flash tuned FZ's with good results without the need for a PC5 but unfortunately this guy is interstate and really not practicle to get my bike there so it will be the PC5 route.

Cheers for the info

that is unfortunate, especially considering how hard that business runs on word of mouth and customer satisfaction. lived and learned, thats a bummer though. at least you have a good attitude about it and can just move on. let us know how it goes with your future tune adventures haha

that is unfortunate, especially considering how hard that business runs on word of mouth and customer satisfaction. lived and learned, thats a bummer though. at least you have a good attitude about it and can just move on. let us know how it goes with your future tune adventures haha

Its hit and miss with a lot of these, what good for some may not be for others, Dicko also from Adelaide uses Lush and gets great results, apart from the low range issues, had the cost been a couple of hundred dollars for the tune and the results aren't forthcoming, it would not have been too bad, given that I paid , $600 for the tune and $150 for the Woolich file it puts that into a different realm :banghead:

Will update this with tuner no 2, have been in contact with another local guy but now just got to wait as there are other things that I need to do to it first.

Cheers

Back