Adelaide Dyno

Wow, His prices have gone up! I got Nevil to tune my bike 3 times after progressive mods (can and air filter, then full system, then post flash) I'd recommend getting your ECU flashed, get all the engine mods you want done (i.e. exhaust, air filter, air box if you want to do that flies etc.) then take it to Nevil with a PCV and get him to tune the PCV.

He does use a sniffer in the exhaust (well, he did when he tuned mine) and I never had an issue with the results. He was happy to hand me a chart of the pull pre and post tune and even gave me a chart with all my tunes on it so I could compare the mods against each other. this was all a while ago now. I know several people who used him back then and they were all happy.

Wow, His prices have gone up! I got Nevil to tune my bike 3 times after progressive mods (can and air filter, then full system, then post flash) I'd recommend getting your ECU flashed, get all the engine mods you want done (i.e. exhaust, air filter, air box if you want to do that flies etc.) then take it to Nevil with a PCV and get him to tune the PCV.

He does use a sniffer in the exhaust (well, he did when he tuned mine) and I never had an issue with the results. He was happy to hand me a chart of the pull pre and post tune and even gave me a chart with all my tunes on it so I could compare the mods against each other. this was all a while ago now. I know several people who used him back then and they were all happy.

I spoke to him at length before both on the phone and I rode down to Elliott to speak to him in person, I did query him on a PC, he told me that he'd have to do a map for that , something he could do through the ECU, took his word for that, chart wise I got bugger all, one with little info on it as I have indicated previously. Next tuner will be someone else, as I am of the opinion if it can't be done right the first time, its pointless trying again. Mods all I have Yoshi R77 with a DNA filter.

The chart shows the original run which was stock and the last run with the system and filter, it is lacking a lot of info, no torque info, no rpm, it wasn't forthcoming I had to ask for it and I got this. I too know people that have used him and are very happy with the results, myself however I don't have the same sentiments.

IMG_7135 2.jpg

He'd have the maps he did for my bike as a starting point, then fine tune from there for your bike. When I spoke to him, he couldn't get into the FZ1 ECU, he rang up to try to get the code to unlock it but it wasn't available back then. They must have either changed their stance or he has new ECU software. I prefer a PCV anyway, you can download the maps and add other maps in and change between them for different riding. I don't do it, but it's nice to know I can if I ever want to. and I have my quick shifter plugged into it which I LOVE.

Not too many fucks given the day mine went onto the dyno, he did give me a call after he had it for a day to say he had issues with a file on the ECU, and couldn't get it to run properly down low but he did flash it to get rid of the EXUP error msg, as per the PCV, it wasn't suggested when the hassles arose. When he finally "finished" with it, he did mention it was the best he could do, I did give him feed back about the issues but never got a response.

He used Woolich software, anyway I have been in contact with another tuner of which I did have an interesting conversation and I'll get this guy to retune once I pick up a PCV, am looking at a quick shifter as well

Last edited:
Back