2012 Honda NC700S

Well the v is what's in the showroom in the US, called the Deauville.
2011 NT700V ABS Overview - Honda Powersports
2011_NT700V_580x385_PearlBlack_42515B.jpg

Yep. My cousin's wife has one of those in burgundy. I've never ridden it, but it seems very practical. I think the luggage has a pass through for long items. It's called the NT700V in the US and the Deauville in Europe.

NC700S | Honda/2012

Probably the only bike I would consider buying new if it comes to North America. This thing seems like it was purpose-built for me and I love the prospect of a 75+MPG bike with nice low and mid range torque and all that built-in storage and touring potential. Seems built for the Euro-market as they have a 47bhp limit for new riders. This one makes a whole rampaging 47bhp and the 'adventure' model makes 51 so I imagine a North American one would see somewhere around that

NC700s_rsf_luggage-550x397.jpg

NC700x_helmet.jpg

2012-honda-nc700s-16-1024x682.jpg

A nice, simple, efficient commuter with Honda quality. I'll take one please! With all the money I save on gas, that means an R1 or an FZ1 hanging out beside it. Yahoo

Looks good, but tell me where you got the "75+MPG" figure. That sounds a little high to me.

The reviewers are all saying the bike has a fantastic handling chassis so I'm looking forward to a test ride this spring. It might make a great replacement for the SV

In this month's Sport Rider magazine, the Deauville is being cancelled. The other good news is that the new NX700 is being assembled with parts from the auto division.

The engine is half a 1.4L Civic and the brake rotors are made from the same sheet of raw material. The rear is the inner loop and the front is the larger outer loop. Lots of good innovations with great gas mileage for the engine size, Honda reliability and $6999 list. IMHO, a great concept.

Yamaha would be a great fit with Toyota or Hyundai. That's is where the industry is heading.

It just depends what enough is and what you do with it. While I do often wish I had more power, it is only at times I am doing stupid things anyway. For my day-to-day use, I find my 70hp is enough--even on tour.

This new 50hp 670cc may not be enough power though, as you say. I guess it depends how the power it has is delivered

Back