2007 Daytona 675 track bike build

I picked up the freshly painted track body work early this morning, I found myself with a free afternoon and decided to get some work done. I put the tank back together and mounted on the bike, I connected the ECU to my laptop and started the process of coping the existing map just in case I need it! My first adventure into overwriting the ECU.

I then downloaded my new race map, disabled the EXUP, AIS, Air Flapper and synced the TPS and reset the map adaptaption. test ran the bike in the garage and all is well no fault codes. The 1/4 turn throttle is going to take getting used to, the stock was closer to 3/4 of turn.

I was able to snap a few photos in the sunlight of the new set up, I still have a bunch of detail items to take care of and will work on them as I can over the next couple of weeks. I cant wait to take this bike out on the track.

SDC12241.jpg

SDC12242.jpg

SDC12250.jpg

SDC12248.jpg

SDC12244.jpg

Holy Crap Pete! That came out amazing! You just can't beat an awesome paint job by a quality painter. I definitely have to get over to Millville the next time your there to see it in person. Very nice job, you should be extremely happy with the outcome.

My only warning to you is once you start track riding it is hard to stop, you just cant get the same thrill out of street riding safely.

absolutely true :Rockon:

awesome looking trackbike Pete. If I ever decide to replace my Gixxer, it may well be such a 675Daytona too. I've heard and seen many positive comments on this bike, and especially on technical tracks.

absolutely true :Rockon:

awesome looking trackbike Pete. If I ever decide to replace my Gixxer, it may well be such a 675Daytona too. I've heard and seen many positive comments on this bike, and especially on technical tracks.

Thanks, I have never had the Daytona on the track, I am really looking forward to getting it out there. It handles really well on the street, I have high hopes that it will handle better on the track dong what it was designed for.

LOL! Thanks I am really happy with how it turned out. John come on you know that you can park two over from me :justkidding:. I am really anxious to get it out, the work commitments are tough lately it makes it hard to find free time, I am really hoping my schedule will free up a bunch in April and allow me to get some track time in. My last business trip for the spring/summer should be the week of April 9th I hope!

Spent the day in the garage today and finally completed the Daytona. Installed the STM slipper clutch with new friction plates, ran the bike for a few miles and changes the oil. Drained the antifreeze, flushed the system and installed new mix of distilled water with WaterWetter, changed the break fluid front and rear. Safety wired my oil filter and oil drain bolt, put the bodywork back on and started to put he decals on. Also put a set of Tech Spec tank pads, they partially cover the red tank line but not bad.

Now I would like some opinions on what to do with the deacls, I have put some Triumph Daytona 675 decals on on took some photos it looks really good. Then I started to lay out a some additional decals, numbers with some compenent decals. I have put pictures of both up in the post. I really like it both ways, and find myself torn with how to proceed.

What do you think?

Without numbers and decals:

SDC12427.jpg

SDC12425.jpg

The numbers and decals are just taped temporarily until I decide what I like better:

SDC12433.jpg

SDC12439.jpg

SDC12438.jpg

Last edited:
I like the #19. I was a huge John Kocinski fan back in the day. I like it with just the few racer decals on the side fairing, maybe "slanted" a bit more but just what you have. The tail decals are perfect, IMHO. I would mount those for sure. What a nice job with the paint Pete. Really exceptional job!

Here are some pics of the slipper clutch assembly before I insatlled it, I did not take any progression pics of the install my hands were a mess and I did not want to bother with the camera. The clutch is so nice it is a shame it gets covered.

SDC12235.jpg

SDC12236.jpg

SDC12238.jpg

SDC12239.jpg

SDC12237.jpg

SDC12234.jpg

I like the #19. I was a huge John Kocinski fan back in the day. I like it with just the few racer decals on the side fairing, maybe "slanted" a bit more but just what you have. The tail decals are perfect, IMHO. I would mount those for sure. What a nice job with the paint Pete. Really exceptional job!

Thanks Bill, I have used number 19 for most of my bikes that I can. Its not a registered race number just bike identifier. I like the decal on the side also I just stuck them there for the photo I will make them fit the lines better if applied.

Back