2007 Daytona 675 track bike build

I agree I really like pic 1 the more I look at it, I will at least have to discuss it with the painter. I dont want to spend too much on paint as that will probably gaurantee the bike meets the asphalt sooner than later.

Last edited:
Well I spoke to the painter today and he will paint the body work like this photo for the qouted price. It will wind up being a slightly modified version because of number plates. I really hope it looks that good when done.

I made some more progress with the bike today, all parts and bodywork are mounted up. I cleaned up the wiring and secured it to the bike, I can now take the bodywork off the bike and send it for paint. Johnnyontherocks stopped by for a few hours and gave me a hand with the mounting of the bodywork to the bike. There are lots of holes to be drilled and it is very difficult to line everything up properly on your own. Thanks again John.

I hope to start the install of the slipper clutch next weekend, I am a little nervous because I have never installed one and the directions that were suplied are not very good. I have been reading on the forums and taking notes I believe I have enough information to do this right at least I hope I do.

So far so good! I found that lining up the holes from the upper to the windscreen to be tricky. I also had to cut a slider open for the right side, it took me a few tries and a little bit of bondo and fiberglass. I other than that the Armour Bodies kit is first rate.

Did you have enough DZUS fasteners? I needed to order a few more.

Pete, you guys did a phenominal job! I love the way the bike is coming out. That's gonna look too good to put on the track when your done you know! I also have to say....I am in LOVE with your garage!!!! My bike would have been done already!!!! Keep the updates coming!:cheers:

So far so good! I found that lining up the holes from the upper to the windscreen to be tricky. I also had to cut a slider open for the right side, it took me a few tries and a little bit of bondo and fiberglass. I other than that the Armour Bodies kit is first rate.

Did you have enough DZUS fasteners? I needed to order a few more.

Glad to hear it was not just me I learned on my R6 and I had some of the same issues with the Votex frame sliders bieng right at the seem between the upper and the lower, what a pain! I have had good luck with the windscreens so far, I did drill one to many holes in the upper today, the Yodine fairing stay only used one mounting point I will ask the painter to fill it for me.

No I ordered enough DZUS fastners this time, I looked at some Dayton race bike pictures and counted what I would need first.

Last edited:
Pete, you guys did a phenominal job! I love the way the bike is coming out. That's gonna look too good to put on the track when your done you know! I also have to say....I am in LOVE with your garage!!!! My bike would have been done already!!!! Keep the updates coming!:cheers:

Thanks Bill I am glad you enjoy the pics of my garage, I really like it out there. After I bought the house I spent months painting and installing blinds, curtins etc... when I finally made it to the garage I was out of ambition to paint another thing so I decided to start covering the walls in motorcycle posters banners and signs. Eventually I started putting stickers on my beer refrigerator and now we look for stickers to put on it, the tool boxes etc. It has turned into a fun spot to hang out and work in.

Body work is at the painters I dropped it off early this morning I am really excited to get it back. He is a busy guy this time of year he has a 3-4 week back log of work to get done. I decided to pull the tank and have it painted to match, I am also having the winscreen painted half way up to create a center number plate on the front fairing. other than that it should be pretty close to the picture.

I know it has been a while since my last update, I have not made much progress recently, I have just been too busy with work and home. I did get some photos from the painter today, the bodywork is complete and ready for pickup this weekend. I have two back to back business trips I have to take and after that I hope to complete the bike one weekend in early April. Until then here are a few pictures. I cannot wait to see this on the bike and complete with all of the new Triumph Daytona decals!

Back